[SETUP] 8D3

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Sirius9121
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

裏切りは暗いまま fall down 崩れゆく世界は
心引き剥がして熱を失った 未だに弱さ滲む
未熟さを抱えて 歌う資格なんてないと背を向けて
色褪せた瞳 火をつけた あなたの言葉

Sirius9121
Goon

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:57 am

Click the link. Obviously this needs major changing, but......
裏切りは暗いまま fall down 崩れゆく世界は
心引き剥がして熱を失った 未だに弱さ滲む
未熟さを抱えて 歌う資格なんてないと背を向けて
色褪せた瞳 火をつけた あなたの言葉

Kerset
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:36 pm

There are a lot of rolecops but barely any cops even that godfather is included. It seems that GF is being added just to trigger guilty from RC. He is kind of true cop here, which determines both alignment and role. Especially that there is no cell with both RC and tracker, so tracker result always means guilty.

F2 G2 are insanely town sided.
#teamexile

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Most of these are scumsided, but a few of them are townsided as Kerset pointed out. E3 is probably the worst for scum. A1, A2, and E1 are godawful for town.

In general, a 10:3 game will be balanced by having approximately three confirmed townies. Investigative roles that can only guilty one scum are pretty weak in a game of this size, that includes tracker and rolecop as well as roleblocker.

Doctors and jailkeepers are good, but they're best when they actually have roles to protect. Just make sure follow-the-cop isn't possible (i.e. if you have a doctor + investigative, make sure scum have a counter such as 1-shot strongman or roleblocker).

Vig is strong; it's a least an IC, plus an extra execution for town if the vig can shoot twice or if it can shoot once and town can stop another kill with a doctor or jailkeeper.

If you want some advice on balancing the specific setups, I can help you with that. But, setups like this are usually not that popular, and I know that T-Bone has been moving to reduce the number of matrix-based open setups in rotation because they're not all that different from normals, so even if this setup were balanced it probably wouldn't see much play.
"that sounded ironic, but it was." -the worst

Isis
Best in Class

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm

I really think you'd enjoy putting a normal setup through NRG, Sirius
"it's your turn to die!"
"this sounded meaner than intended"
"it sounds worse the more i think about it please someone delete this"
- Kanna, to Isis

Gypyx
Goon

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 am

Honk

IC reveal on D1 or on reveal?¿¿¿

Also, the setups with the 1-shot jani conter pretty hard the 1-shot jani, like, it'll be useless in E3 / F3 / F2 and it's not that good anyways

Anyways, as others said, i doubt this setup would be very interesting in the current site context
bottom text

[ + ]

Return to Open Setup Discussion