[Setup] Steak the Deck

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

The original Stack the Deck is, I suspect, broken by scum choosing no modifiers.

I don't think this version fixes that problem, although I'm not sure; Traitor setups are hard to balance, and the odds of scum NKing the traitor by mistake may be high enough to balance it. (Scum can't fully fix this by picking "recruitable traitor", because recruiting the traitor still means that they're failing to kill a townie that night, something that really matters given the town roles.)

As a note, you probably need to ban the Traitor from being given the Strongman/Ninja role, due to issues with how the scum decide who does the nightkill in situations where they don't have communication.

Incidentally, I still maintain that picking Role Cop in the original Stack the Deck is almost always a mistake, and this doesn't seem to change that. Maybe you could use it to find one role; but if you didn't pick it at all, then that'd produce one role that didn't
need
to be found, because the player would be a VT instead. So the pick is pretty much purely disadvantage compared to not picking it.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”