[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6899 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:12 am

Post by hayatoBL »

I'm
Town
Mafia!!

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Traitor
3 Vanilla Townies

* No factional communication
* Goon & Traitor do not know who their partners are.
* Mafia wins, when all Townies are dead.
* Town wins, when Goon is dead.
* Traitor is revealed in-thread after end of D1.
* Only Goon can Night Kill.
* Nightless after Night 1.

A lot of rules. But I would like to see a game where players have to convince others that they are scum for a change. Is there perhaps one already?

This one is probably imbalance, though. Advantage to scum, I think.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6901 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am

Post by hayatoBL »

^No, it doesn't.

Town-lynch day 1 results in: 1 Goon, 1 Traitor and 1 Townie left in D2. (Since obviously Goon is not going to kill Traitor N1)

But this rule prevents mafia from winning after a D1 town-lynch:

*Mafia wins, when
all
Townies are dead.
(NOT when they only control 50% of the votes)

What will happen is this:

On Day 1, everyone(including mafiaso) will try to convince each other, that they are town like usual.

But if town was lynched D1, on D2 everyone(including townies) will try to convince each other that they are mafia. Hence the theme:
I'm
Town
Mafia!!
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6913 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 6909, Hoopla wrote:that's not a bad point, but i don't think people are going to be much higher than random in a two day game. like, i agree the difference between the two endgames probably isn't as jarring as 66% and 50%, but i think you'd be silly not to take the goon/town/town endgame as scum.

although, i guess it could create some interesting wifom in lylo about what sort of player would kill/not kill the traitor.
Looking at it percentage-wise, Goon should kill the traitor. But by doing so he lost two advantages.

Advantages of not killing the traitor:

1. Mafia has no reason to lie/pretend anymore. Now it's Town's job to deceive.

2. Mafia's job is to find the townest (the superlative) and lynch him. If Goon kills the traitor, he has to try to get people to lynch the 2nd-scummiest Town, since the scummiest town is already lynched D1. IMO doing the first is much easier than the second.

So, it's not necessarily more advantageous to kill the traitor. But we'll have to see. :D And also, what chamber said.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6914 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:07 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 6910, chamber wrote:
In post 6907, Hoopla wrote:
In post 6905, Bicephalous Bob wrote:the traitor should just self-vote in lylo
my understanding of the rules is that a 1-1 endgame with a goon/townie would result in a tie, as neither team has achieved their win condition and can't improve upon the situation. so, the traitor doesn't really gain anything by self-voting in lylo. the point still stands that the goon is better placed to not take the traitor into lylo anyway.
Wait, if 1-1 is a tie, doesn't the mafia have to take the traitor with him or the best he can do is tie?
I think it's fair that way. No? Dead goon = Mafia lose. Dead traitor = at most a tie.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”