[OLD] The Numbers Thread

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 am

Post by zoraster »

mith wrote:zoraster, I get an EV of 40.35%. (Pretty simple modification of the Vanilla or White Flag tables in the spreadsheet - just changing "boundary" conditions.)

At some point, I'll upload an expanded version of that spreadsheet, with things like Census and this variation on White Flag (which perhaps we should just call White Flag, since I don't think anyone has used the other win condition part of the original White Flag suggestion). Maybe some Mason stuff. Anyway, I've saved the change I made, so it'll be there when I update.
Thanks a ton. That was sort of around where I estimated, but I wasn't sure. 40% EV seems pretty promising, balance-wise.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 am

Post by mith »

Note that for a Vanilla game, correct play with day start 3:9 is to no lynch to start the game; so 3:8 has the same EV.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Max »

mith wrote:zoraster, I get an EV of 40.35%. (Pretty simple modification of the Vanilla or White Flag tables in the spreadsheet - just changing "boundary" conditions.)

At some point, I'll upload an expanded version of that spreadsheet, with things like Census and this variation on White Flag (which perhaps we should just call White Flag, since I don't think anyone has used the other win condition part of the original White Flag suggestion). Maybe some Mason stuff. Anyway, I've saved the change I made, so it'll be there when I update.
Just checked what the original definition was. Yeah I prefer this one.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”