[SETUP] Atomic Cops

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

[SETUP] Atomic Cops

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Creature »

Proton Cop
Eletron Cop
Neutron Cop
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town

Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

Mechanisms

The cops won't be told what type they are.
The investigation will only be succesful if both proton and eletron cop target the same person, both will receive the result.
If the neutron cop also targets the same person, he'll also receive the result.
If one of proton/eletron cop die, the other proton/eletron cop won't receive the result, neutron cop will receive the result anyway.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i'd massclaim d1 to force scum to fakeclaim cop or townie.

- if they both fakeclaim townie, you have three confirmed innocents d1 who are capable of selecting the same investigation target at night. should be a high enough percentage of innocents to PoE the game, especially when you include the N1 investigation target.
- if they fakeclaim townie/cop, then lynch and group investigate from the townie pool until you find scum - once you do every other townie will be confirmed innocent, and again there should be enough confirmed-town to PoE the game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I feel like it's too beneficial to just have the town try to coordinate or the above. Here's kind of where I'd go with it.

Half Brother Cops

9 Players

2 Mafia Goons

2 Half Brother Cops
5 Vanilla Townies

• Half Brother Cops know the indentity of each other. They do not have a private chat.
  • Half Brother Cop investigation is only successful if they both target the same person.
  • If one brother does, the other brother gets a 1-shot cop the following night.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:53 am

Post by mith »

I would attempt something like this for the Half Brother setup:

Choose a lynch. Before actually lynching, have every pair of players who aren't the lynch agree on an investigation. Then the lynch target claims. If he claims Cop, have the other Cop claim as well (or lynch the claim because he's lying scum). Otherwise, lynch and proceed to night. The Cops are guaranteed to target the same player, and the Mafia don't know who the investigation target is, so they will be shooting mostly blind - as if it were a normal Cop, but the town is guaranteed to at least get that one result even if they hit one of the Cops (unless the surviving Cop loses the investigation in this case).

I'm not sure what the EV is, but town would appear to be in pretty good shape if they don't run up one of the Cops (even there, EV is 1/3). If they manage to lynch Mafia day 1, EV is above 86% (1/6 they investigate the other and win; 5/12 the Mafia misses both Cops and the Townie target, in which case town have three lynches and an investigation for four players; 5/36 the Mafia hit the investigation target, and it's still four lynches+investigation out of five players, so at least 4/5, but better because the Cops are still hidden and Mafia has to kill one of them next night or lose; and 5/18 the Mafia hit a Cop and EV is at least 3/5, maybe the Cop can do a little better by staying hidden and using the 1-shot, not sure). If they lynch a Townie, it's not the end of the world - 1/3 to investigate Mafia (not as good as winning outright, but gets the EV to 1/2 at a minimum); 4/15 the Mafia misses both Cops and the Townie target, which is a win again; and I'm tired so I'm going to stop there but the point is I'm confident the EV even in this case is above 50%, and so is the overall EV.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:55 am

Post by mith »

(And yeah, massclaim is pretty clearly the way to go in the Atomic setup. The likelihood of getting a result is too low to make it worth keeping the Cops hidden.)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In Atomic, you can just get town to vote on the cop target, I think, favouring scummy-looking players (i.e. likely next-day lynches). Scum can kill the cop target but then they're basically giving the town extra lynches, and nothing indicates to the scum who the cops are. It's guaranteed that until town PRs start dying, at least one person will get the cop result the next day even if one of the cops dies, so the cops can safely sit on their results until there's a dead cop. Once one cop dies, then you massclaim, and get all the advantages of massclaiming too. It's currently unclear to me what the best strategy is if a player claims cop when about to be lynched; most likely you just massclaim at that point (i.e. everyone claims, not just the lynchee).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”