[SETUP] Everyone has a job!

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
ArashPey
ArashPey
Watcher
ArashPey
Watcher
Watcher

[SETUP] Everyone has a job!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 am

Post by ArashPey »

We play a lot of games with this setup on our own forum. i share it with you. it is a flexible setup and doesn't have a certain number of players but i'll go for 12 players. night phases are hard for scum, so it makes lynches more important.

Mafia (3):
Godfather
(kills a player each night, not guilty to cop, can not be killed by Serial Killer or Cult Leader. Godfather can be X-shot)
Tailor
(X-shot (2 is preferred). he gives player "coats", which not only are investigated by cops according to that coat, but also the coat is declared when player is lynched instead of real role. coat can be any roles like cop. doctor and...)
Roleblocker
(X-shot is preferred)

Cult (1):
Cult leader
(X-shot. targeting mafia (except Godfather) will kill the target. targeted townies (except Bulletproof And Samurai) join the cult. when the leader makes a successful attempt to make a player join a cult, he can guess the role (2 guesses) if the guess is right, the player will join the cult saving his role. if not, loses the role and become a cult goon)

Town (7):
Achilles
(never dies at night. can't join the cult. can't take coat from tailor)
Samurai
(Bulletproof bomb. first time targeted by Mafia, SK and Cult, Kills the attacker and survives. second time, both attacker and samurai will die. can't take coat from tailor)
Bulletproof
(one time bulletproof)
Doctor

Police
(cop+ one shot vig. can only kill the players who he has investigated as guilty)
Alarmist

Virgin
(When dies (lynched or killed), the next NIGHT no townie will die)

3rd Party (1)
Serial Killer
(kills each night. if targeted by Godfather, he doesn't die but his shot is also wasted)

No role claims. there can be roles like cops for mafia and cult, or roleblocker or nurse for town when there are more players. it is a very exciting setup, mostly because there is no Vanilla Townie or Mafia. Jester or Hider can also be added.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 0, ArashPey wrote:No role claims.
What does this mean?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

This is called role madness.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am

Post by TierShift »

We focus on day play on this site, not on night play. Forbidding role claims is something players will work around. People will hint at their roles and massclaim will happen in some form at a certain point.

Town is pathetically weak and I think cult wins every game where the leader is not killed early and mafia almost always wins when cult leader IS killed early. With so many anti-town roles, lynches will happen very quickly as people from all factions just hop on and the only thing town can do is hope for crosskills. Town has no meaningful powers while mafia have insanely strong powers. This game would be boring and incredibly unbalanced.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”