[EV] Colored Townies

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

[EV] Colored Townies

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:11 am

Post by BNL »

M Mafia
X Green Townies
Y Blue Townies

Green and Blue townies are essentially VTs, but named.

Suppose M, X, Y are known to the players at the start of the game (and hence at all times). Also assume X > Y.

The EV is going to be hard to calculate directly, instead, I will focus on strategy, the rest is easily calculated by a computer.

1. When would a massclaim be beneficial?
2. What should scum claim during a massclaim? (Gut says roughly same ratio as townie ratio)
3. Which pool should scum kill from? (Gut says Green unless all Blue are town)
4. Which pool should town lynch from? (Gut says Blue unless all Blue are town)
5. After an L-1 driven claim, when should townies (or even scum) (counter)claim?
6. Given a fixed M and X+Y, what values makes the game most town-sided? (Gut says X=Y or X=Y+1 depending on parity)

Sorry I have not bothered working on these questions, I just think it's something interesting to discuss. This will be helpful in setups like Diffusion of Power or other games where everyone is divided into two big groups.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The best bet is to get all but one mafia then MC, forcing them to pick a group. Then lynch from the incorrect group.
However, in order for this strategy to work best, maybe add some form of Nightless.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

massclaim is best bet, narrows down how many scum are in each group and eliminates a shit ton of teams
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”