[SETUP] Heroes and Villans

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[SETUP] Heroes and Villans

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

This is kind of a spinoff of Assassins in the Palace. I've run a similar setup on another forum that wasn't specifically mafia based, but I'm interested in getting some feedback on how this may look balance wise.

The game will have 2 Sides - Heroes and Villains, however the goal is to simply eliminate the other side's
leader
instead of the entirety of the other team.

Currently setup is 11:4 between Heroes/Villains

1 Hero King - Cannot be lynched as long as the Hero Queen is Alive.
1 Hero Queen - If the Hero King needs the protection, the protector will save him but the protector will not die.
1 Hero Rolecop - Will get the full Role PM (with any necessary redactions) of a player each night.
8 Townies - No Special Abilities, wins with Heroes.

1 Villain King - Cannot be killed as long as the Villain Queen is Alive.
1 Villain Queen - If the Villain King needs the protection, the protector will save him but the protector will not die
1 Villain Rolecop - Will get the full Role PM (with any necessary redactions) of a player each night.
1 Villain Townie - No Special Abilities, wins with Villains.

Necessary information:
- If a King is lynched or nightkilled, their role will be publicly announced, but if the corresponding queen is still alive, they will not die. This can lead to some interesting WIFOM situations if you have a confirmed Villain King out there that you can't kill until the Queen is gone.
- I've been toying with the idea of adding a few extra power roles (roleblocker, vig, etc) to one or both sides, but this is the bare bones setup idea I have.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

thats actually a really interesting set up. I'm not that great at guessing balance, but if it needs to be more scum favoured you could make the villain townie a traitor who knows scum names, makes the scum kill but doesnt get added to the PT unless the rolecop finds them
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

The idea of a traitor would be cool, but I don't know how it would work with them making the kill, when the whole point of the rolecop would be to locate the other queen/king. Asking them to find the traitor just to communicate the proper nk target seems pretty townsided to me.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

yeah i agree. that would only be if someone who is good at this stuff thought the setup favoured scum heavily, not general advice
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”