[SETUP/EV] White Flag Masons

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

[SETUP/EV] White Flag Masons

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:27 am

Post by mith »

4 Mafia
? Townies
3 Masons

White Flag, Vengescum

Mafia wins if they make up half the remaining players
or
Variant A: ...if all but one of the Masons are dead. If the penultimate Mafia is lynched, the game is over immediately as a Town win (no vengekill for that Mafia).
OR
Variant B: ...if all the Masons are dead. If the penultimate Mafia is lynched, they do get a vengekill, and if the last Mason is killed this result takes precedence over the White Flag condition.

Note that town wins if Masons ever outnumber Mafia, so this could just be an instant win condition as well.

Not sure how to balance this one yet, this is mostly a placeholder. I'm not even sure if town should ever claim anything, except when they have already reached an almost-won condition of Masons equaling Mafia - I will probably run EV with this assumption first. I'm actually not sure it's possible for town EV to ever be greater than 50% unless Masons equal Mafia, either.

Scumhunting in this one would be quite weird day 1, and maybe it needs to be coupled with a Bus Stop-like mechanism.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

Not quite sure I follow the wincons Mith
If mafia win when all but one Mason is dead why does the rest follow?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Sukima »

He's just saying that there's two different variants, depending on if you want the last lynched mafia to have to correctly guess the last Mason or if that scenario is impossible (by making the masons white flag as well)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:28 am

Post by mith »

Tried to clarify that a little in OP.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:58 am

Post by mith »

I think there's a seed of a good idea somewhere here, but I'm not feeling like it's worth pursuing right now. Closing this thread.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”