[SETUP rework] Elemental Large

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

[SETUP rework] Elemental Large

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 am

Post by davesaz »

Elemental large (wiki link) was run as Open 712 and a few questions came up.
I'd like feedback on these before updating the wiki page with the recommended resolutions. If you're ok with the way I handled it go ahead and post that, if not then comments please.

Roles cannot self-target (don't expect any discussion on this, just mentioning it)

Mafia has daytalk -- should this be specified, or left up to the mod. If the mod is asked, should it be answered?

Three phases (day or night) of No-lynch no-kill results in a draw between the living factions.

Mafia and SK (no town) going into night, the night plays out. If both survive the night, then it's a Mafia/SK draw with town losing.

If everyone dies there is no winner. (Is there an alternative here? I don't like the no winner but can't figure a fair way to do anything else...)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Mathdino »

Daytalk changes balance subtly, it needs to be set on the wiki. By default setups assume no daytalk

I'm not sure about resolving the mafia sk dilemma, i don't think there's an agreed standard there

And yeah obviously if everyone dies no winner
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Why the no lynch/kill happily ever after?
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

Just to put a time limit, since the best (only non-losing) strategy may be that scenario for some situations.
Is there a good alternative?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”