[SETUP] Fruit Madness

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

[SETUP] Fruit Madness

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by BNL »

3 Mafia Fruit Vendor
10 Vanilla Townie

Compulsive lynch/kill. Every Night, half of the living townies (rounded down) are given a fruit vendor action. Undecided if Mafia can kill+action or not. Standard win conditions.

Probably a terrible idea, but can this be evolved into a decent setup?
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Invisibility »

fruit probably needs to do something for it to have meaning.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by mith »

I think the idea is just to add information. My approach to breaking this would be something like:

Before day 1 hammer, pair the remaining players. Fruit will be given to the paired player.
Day 2, everyone claims, starting with the player whose pair was killed (this player can lie freely, might as well make him claim first).

If fruit giing is compulsive, there will always be a known number of fruit given out, and the pairing restricts scum ability to lie. (The now unpaired player is also restricted to only lying if exactly one of that pair was a vendor). If scum have to vend and can kill/vend, this already confirma a bunch of town, so that’s a bad plan for the setup. Otherwise, it becomes something of a census game, except the census changes eachh night and Mafia options will be increasingly limited.

If it’s not compulsive, you still force scum to split themselves census style; whether that’s enough to break the setup, I’m not sure, but it’s not nothing.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”