[Setup] Vests for Sale!

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[Setup] Vests for Sale!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Awoo »

So the mafia have to set up operations somewhere, right? They gotta have a front. And it would be wayy too obvious to set up pizza place or some cultural restaurant like in the movies. So they've got a boutique, okay? They sell clothes. They look and feel like totally normal clothes. But they're actually bulletproof clothes. Still with me? Good. That's the flavor. This is my attempt at making a playable setup instead of a neat mathematical exercise.

7 Vanilla Townies

2 Mafia Goons

Town Role PM wrote:
Welcome, Awoo, you are a VT.

You win when all the
mafia
are eliminated and at least one
townie
is alive.
Mafia Role PM wrote:
Welcome, Awoo, you are a Mafia Goon.

Each night, you will receive a list of all the VTs alive in the game in your PT.
You must collectively decide to convert two VT into a Bulletproof Townie. They will not be notified they they were made bulletproof.

After that, you get to factionally kill a VT, if there are any left. If everybody is bulletproof, the game becomes nightless.

You win when the
mafia
have equal or greater number then the
town
Bulletproof townies flip as bulletproof, even though they weren't informed of it.

For example, when going into the first night,
6 townies and 2 mafia goons becomes 3 townies, 2 bulletproofs, and 2 mafia goons.
7 townies and 1 mafia goon becomes 4 townies, 2 bulletproofs, and 1 mafia goon.

I don't know how humans would perform compared to EV, since this is a weird mix of vanilla and nightless, so here is a little bit of a spread of EV numbers VS vests that mafia sell per night:

One per mafia alive ~ 42%
2 BP's / night ~ 43%
One per mafia alive plus one ~ 47%
3 BP's / night ~ 49%

In terms of gameplay, mafia are incentivized to lynch BP's to try to stall out the game from becoming nightless. But in some configurations, especially where there are a lot of BP's per night, the game will always become nightless on day 3 as long as a townie is lynched day 1. What do you think?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 am

Post by BuJaber »

I'm now thinking something like this with a town vig would be interesting because vigs would end up being an investigative with killing power.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
Sukima
Sukima
Watcher
Sukima
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Sukima »

It'd be interesting, but mafia get a list of all the VTs, so they can just shoot the Vig (it's not VT). And if you say that the Vig can be part of the list of VTs, vesting the Vig is near autoloss because you can NL and just investigate and you have a BP Cop that instantly lynches a guilty.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:56 am

Post by BuJaber »

It wasn't intended for this setup as it stands just sounded really interesting to me.

But to your point, first situation yeah I forgot that part. Second situation since mafia are forced to give vests you'll get to nightless quickly where the vig no longer has an action either. Also they can shoot non-BP townies by choosing wrong. So I don't think it would be autoloss.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A secret ballot Vig would be interesting
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”