[SETUP]Body Snatcher Cult

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

[SETUP]Body Snatcher Cult

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 12, BBmolla wrote:The only acceptable version of cult is with alts. Cult Leader cults target player upon each incorrect lynch. Culted players lose access to accounts, cult leader gains it.

In this way a player will never have to change win conditions which is the main issue with cult games. Culted players still win with the town, cult wins if leader + living culted equal or outnumber town.
In post 15, northsidegal wrote:
In post 12, BBmolla wrote:The only acceptable version of cult is with alts. Cult Leader cults target player upon each incorrect lynch. Culted players lose access to accounts, cult leader gains it.

In this way a player will never have to change win conditions which is the main issue with cult games. Culted players still win with the town, cult wins if leader + living culted equal or outnumber town.
i like this idea a lot (and i remember something kind of like it but for the life of me can't remember where)

the primary problem with games like that is finding some way to deal with replacements that doesn't mod-confirm people as not controlling multiple accounts.

as for the zombies setup, i think the cult not recruiting unless town is lynched is a good mechanic, but it would still mean that for the town to ever win, they would have to lynch a bunch of times correctly in a row (at the very least two times in a row, in most cases i'd imagine more), with a single mislynch "resetting" their progress. if i'm understanding the setup correctly, that is – if town wins when zombie prime is lynched, it's a different story.
In post 17, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 15, northsidegal wrote:the primary problem with games like that is finding some way to deal with replacements that doesn't mod-confirm people as not controlling multiple accounts.
Just don't mention that the replacement happened – swap out the person controlling the account without any visible change for the other players.
In post 18, BBmolla wrote:
In post 17, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 15, northsidegal wrote:the primary problem with games like that is finding some way to deal with replacements that doesn't mod-confirm people as not controlling multiple accounts.
Just don't mention that the replacement happened – swap out the person controlling the account without any visible change for the other players.
If you do that, there's an added bonus where scum could fake replace outs
Roger the Red, Day 1 wrote:fuk i hoep this is scum, gl boys
Roger the Red, Randomly Day 2 after not posting forever wrote:Hey guys, I'm the new Roger the Red replacement.
Basically replacing out would be a scumtell. But maybe that's okay?
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 am

Post by the worst »

sure why not

I feel like someone and I had loose plans around a theme game along these lines like 6 months ago

thinking hat = on
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Two concurrent alt cult games
When an alt gets recruited to one game’s cult, a townie from the other game takes over the alt. In this way, no player ever plays more than two slots!
It also functions like two cults fighting on different home turfs
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Awoo »

^ that makes no sense

Anyways this is a cool idea but, balance wise. We gonna have a cult size cap like cult in the jungle republic?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Makes sense in my head...
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Allomancer »

no i get it. the cult in one game is run by the town in the other.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”