[SETUP] Foresight

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

[SETUP] Foresight

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

3 Werewolves
10 Seers

If a werewolf is lynched on Day 2 or later, they must submit a single guess to the Werewolf PT. This guess must be in the form of "[SEER] investigated [PLAYER]", where [SEER] can be any seer, alive or dead, and [PLAYER] can be any player, alive or dead. When the guess is correct, the lynched werewolf independently wins, and [SEER] immediately dies an independent loser. After this, the game goes into Night. If the guess is incorrect, the werewolf is eliminated as usual, having a chance to win with the other werewolves.

A guess is correct if [SEER] investigated [PLAYER] at any point in the game. Werewolves must submit unique guesses. Only after the guess has been posted to the PT, the Night officially starts and the other wolves are allowed to talk.

All actions and lynches are compulsive. A Seer cannot investigate the same player twice.

Role PMs:
X, X, and X, you are Werewolves. At Night, you may communicate in the Werewolf PT: link

Every Night, you must perform a factional kill. You win if the Werewolves make up half of the living players.

If you are lynched on Day 2 or later, you must submit a single guess to the Werewolf PT. This guess must be in the form of "[SEER] investigated [PLAYER]", where [SEER] can be any seer, alive or dead, and [PLAYER] can be any player, alive or dead. If the guess is correct, you independently win. If the guess is incorrect, you are eliminated as usual, still having a chance to win with the other werewolves.

You cannot guess the same thing as a previously lynched Werewolf.
You are a Seer. Every Night, you must investigate a different player to learn if they are a Werewolf. If a Werewolf is lynched and correctly guesses that you investigated another player, you immediately die an independent loser.
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 am

In post 0, Bicephalous Bob wrote:All seers that have investigated a lynched werewolf and are not correctly called out by that wolf, immediately leave the game and win.
Not sure if this is necessary or more interesting.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 am

Post by callforjudgement »

A slightly silly breaking strategy: if a mislynch happens D1, one member of the scumteam claims in twilight D1, and everyone investigates them N1. Then they get lynched D2, pick a random townie as the person who investigated them, and all but one player wins. (Note that townies don't have an incentive to deviate; if they do, the same thing will probably happen anyway except that the player who deviated will get endgamed by scum and lose.)

EV is 100% for scum and 70% for town (the D1 lynch, N1 kill, and picked townie fail to win).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Creature »

Individual wincons aren't really fun for a mafia game, specially because it drives players to play selfishly rather than play like a team.

I'd suggest:
First time scum guesses correctly: the lynched scum is treestumped and gets to kill two town
Second time scum guesses correctly: scum automatically wins
If it gets down to one scum and there was no correct guess: town automatically wins (white flag)

Remove any individual wincons.
Sigh
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

That breaking strategy is brilliant. I will remove the quoted bit. I am aware that individual win conditions can be no fun, but putting town's win condition in the hands of two seers isn't ideal either. An individual losing condition isn't that bad.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”