[SETUP] 3p Second Chance

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

[SETUP] 3p Second Chance

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Ircher »

1x Town D1 Lynchproof
1x Town D1 Lynchproof Flagbearer
1x Mafia D1 Vengeful

Town win if the mafia is eliminated without the flagbearer dying.
Mafia win if the town flagbearer is vengekilled or mafia reaches parity with the town.

If town is lynched D1, the townie's alignment is confirmed by the mod and day 2 begins.
If mafia is lynched D1, the mafia gets a one last chance to try to kill the flagbearer with a vengekill.

Town EV = (1/3) * (1/2) + (2/3) * (1/2) = 1/2 = 50% if I calculated it correctly.

While we already have two 3p setups (SS3 and The One I Cannot Kill), I made another one because I feel variety is nice. Plus, this setup has the benefit that it does not necessarily end day 1. No matter what happens day 1, each faction has another chance to win the game.

Anyway, any discussion/feedback on this setup would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has a better name for the setup (I really couldn't think of anything), I'm all ears. It would also be neat if this setup became an approved setup.

Also, for the record, I have run a variant of the setup here. Though the exact roles differ there from what I posted here (this is basically the "fixed" version of that setup), the concept remains the same.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 am

Post by BNL »

I don't think this is all that interesting.

Both townies are incentivised to play identically so as not to give away the flagbearer. As a result, it's like town gets two chances to get scum, except if they get scum on the first try they have a 50% chance of losing.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 1:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Since the difference between flagbearer and not doesn't interact with lynches there's not really a reason for the townies to play differently. In face to face mafia maybe the vengeful could shoot like 52% accurate or something.

It's not an extremely exciting setup, but, it is 3p.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 1, BNL wrote:I don't think this is all that interesting.

Both townies are incentivised to play identically so as not to give away the flagbearer. As a result, it's like town gets two chances to get scum, except if they get scum on the first try they have a 50% chance of losing.
In post 2, popsofctown wrote:Since the difference between flagbearer and not doesn't interact with lynches there's not really a reason for the townies to play differently. In face to face mafia maybe the vengeful could shoot like 52% accurate or something.

It's not an extremely exciting setup, but, it is 3p.
Though wouldn't in reality, the same be said for ss3 as town doesn't really want scum to learn who the supersaint is. Worst case for town in ss3 is the supersaint claims and it becomes 3p with 1 IC.

I don't really see how "play identically" is an issue, esp. in a 3p setup.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 5:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah I agree it's not really an issue in the context of look it's a 3p. I was trying to express as much.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am

Post by the worst »

I think posting anything but votes in this setup scumsides it?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”