[CHALLENGE] August Challenge (small update)

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 97, northsidegal wrote:gold shall rain from the sky
Sounds dangerous.
This is a Parachute.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

So, which set-up officially wins for August? The Open Queue is light on moderators, so I will run the winning set-up. (Or any set-up that people like and deemed balanced from a previous month)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 67, Cinnamon wrote:
Group Investigation
13 Players
(not entirely sure what playercount this would work best at)

10 Vanilla Town

3 Mafia Goons

This is a mountainous game with one twist. Each night, if there is a lynch, all players that voted for the lynch are put into a neighborhood and all players that did not vote for the lynch are put into a separate neighborhood.

Each player then submits a name (privately by PM) of a player they wish to investigate, and may choose themselves.

If all players in a neighborhood chose the same player, the alignment of that player is revealed in that neighborhood at the start of the day. If town, that player is protected from night kills both that night and the following night. All neighborhoods are only for that night and are locked upon the start of the day.

This effect lasts until there is only one mafia goon left, at which point the game returns to regular mountainous.

Thought it would be fun to do one of these, let me know how it looks. Not positive this ratio is best for balance.
This won a previous month, T-Bone, and then the user siteflaked. If you're going to run one of the setups it would be really cool for you to "adopt a foster child" and run this. Other recent winners are great setups but have advocates for similar designs still around with us, cinnamon's brilliance risks being lost to the aether. Strong consensus on balance
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”