[Setup] Undertale Smalltown

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Changelog:

-Metatron can self target so it's harder for mafia to just "nope" out of neutral. Alongside that he became published so that you don't get the weird case where Metatron self targets, gets shot immediately, and can't tell people he self targeted so town doesn't know how many points they have (setup is balanced around Metatron always being trackable on points).
-Temmie always grants a point, even if she's mafia. Losing one point should be brutal enough, two is unnecessary.
-Dogert/Dogessa (No1/No2 on second revision) removed for roles that make souls matter in Pacifist and Genocide. This somewhat leans in towards Oversoul's criticism. If at least one role cares about souls for Genocide and Pacifist, Metatron and Doggo will be less depressed when Day 1 has a texture that strongly suggests a Genocide or Pacifist route for the game. It's different from Toriel in that these roles have to shoot
just in case
the game goes neutral.
Both roles are playing with "open games can't be bastard" mechanics that I think could be really fun.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

I removed "with one vote across both options".

Because, is it necessary? I think letting players track their townreads and scumreads using both options is more appealing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 0, popsofctown wrote:Ice Cap: If Ice Cap is town and town has exactly five souls when Genocide is reached, the mod reveals to the thread that Ice Cap is town. If a mafia Dogert or Metatron generated one of the points, this effect happens falsely.
In post 0, popsofctown wrote:Froggit: If Froggit is town and town has six or more souls when pacifist special spare phase begins, it is revealed to the town that Froggit is town. If a mafia Dogert, Metatron, or Temmie generated one of the points, this effect happens falsely.
Could you explain what "this effect happens falsely" means in this context?

---
In post 0, popsofctown wrote:Moldsymal:
One-shot
psychologist. If Moldysmal receives a guilty result,
it's not worth 1 point to Fight that player for the rest of the game
What do you mean by the bold portion of the text?
Stylistic issue - the italicized should match the other role descriptions and be "1-shot".

---

Metatron looks like a lot of fun to role as mafia.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I cleaned up all three in the rules (all three were genuinely too ambiguous)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think this is polished enough to re-queue into mini-theme queue (side by side with the original).
It will never be perfect, especially before it is played.

I finished Genocide Undertale btw.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”