[ROLE/SETUP] Killjoy

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

[ROLE/SETUP] Killjoy

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 am

Post by mith »

1 Mafia Killjoy
1 Mafia Role Cop
1 Town Cop
1 Town Doctor
5 Vanilla Townies

The Killjoy gives its target the Ascetic effect for the night. (I am open to other name ideas.)

Scum can be given multitasking or not depending on balance; I'm leaning toward no. Unlike a Mafia RB, the Killjoy can ensure that a claimed Cop is killed outright, and can still potentially negate both Cop investigations (following a mixed strategy of targeting the other scum with some probability so that "no result" is neither a confirmed innocent nor a guilty) and Doc protections (by Killjoying the kill target).
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

callforjudgment recently included a mafia rolestopper that said "rolestopper has no effect on the factional NK", and I think there are sporadic cases of other mods doing this, so I think that's why this role hasn't gotten a name.
But also the rolestop was factional, and I'd also want it to be multiacting factional here.
I don't like micros where lynching the follow-the-cop counterplay role unlocks follow-the-cop. I feel like follow-the-cop is obnoxious enough that a stronger stance needs to be taken against it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

I called that role an Asceticizer when I used it in a normal game once upon a time.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:38 am

Post by northsidegal »

i agree that making the asceticize factional is a good idea and if i were to do that i'd probably also remove the rolecop.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:08 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Killjoy in most cases is a Personal Rolestopper (unless there are factional non-kills or non-factional kills). That said, the "doesn't block kills" version has been around for ages (the first revision of the wiki article back in 2010 mentions it as being the more common version!). I think it makes a lot of sense in cases where you need to tone down a role-heavy setup but a Roleblocker would either be overpowered, or else interact badly with the setup's mechanics.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”