[SETUP] Dr Evil's Lair

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
SuicideJunkie
SuicideJunkie
Watcher
SuicideJunkie
Watcher
Watcher

[SETUP] Dr Evil's Lair

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 am

Post by SuicideJunkie »

This might be too heavy on night mechanics for this site, and I'm not sure what the balance of teams should be but the idea's been in my head for a while and I'd like some opinions on it:

1 Dr Evil (Open Lynchpin-Mastermind)

7 Guard Minions (Doctors)

2 MI6 Agents (Vig)

Town wins if all Agents are eliminated.
Mafia wins if the Lynchpin is eliminated.

Idea is that Dr Evil decides which minion to lynch each day, and is openly revealed. Everyone else has the obvious safeclaim of Guard Minion.
Each night the Agents pick off guards or make an attempt against Dr Evil, while the guards try to distribute themselves so that at least one townie is guarding the lynchpin and the rest protect each other.
There will always be at least one unprotected target, and if town organizes too much, the agents can easily pick off that vulnerable player without losing their cover.

Obvious safety strategy is to get ScumCount+1 players to agree to guard the lynchpin, but that leaves multiple unguarded guards and the agents will know that.
Players not wanting to personally guard the boss might be indicative of scumminess since that leaves more guards unprotected.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Awoo »

Get the {mafia + 1} scummiest players in the game to guard the lynchpin.
Everyone else protects in a circle.
Mafia is forced to kill one of the guys guarding the lynchpin, otherwise their cover gets blown if someone in the circle formation dies.

That's kind of like reverse nomination mafia, where the town informally nominate { scum + 1 } people to get nightkilled and the mafia get to pick.
SuicideJunkie
SuicideJunkie
Watcher
SuicideJunkie
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:53 am

Post by SuicideJunkie »

Good point. Not broken per se, but isn't what I was hoping for.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”