Corporate says mafia needs an autobattler

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Changelog since putting this in queue, all minor changes:
-timer added to Jiriya (I added that a long while back)
-Macho moved from Date Masamune to Archangel Raziel, to ensure it is impossible for the mafia to force Attackers' meaningless loverization after losing a mafiosi to day 1 lynch. Winning mountainous after a d1 lynch is a "balanced" 9p experience but I think setting up those perverse incentives was bad. Macho Raziel healer trait will still frequently allow a solo scum with a bad teammate to win off being very highly townread.
-To keep it role madness, Date Masamune gained a negative utility "anti-encryptor" ability that affects both the n1 neighborizer and the mafia PT
-Adjusted the deadline failure condition to "townies fail to throw card-eggs" rather than "players fail to throw card-eggs", to account for strategies that are "situationally breaking strategies" if mafia becomes a universal scumread in the first five days of the game and know they have nothing to lose by being civilly disobedient and turning the game mountainous. A side effect is that mafiosi won't even be executed for failing to distribute their card egg, but the very fact they are being treated differently in that way still confirms them as scum. The remaining mafiosi gains a lot of freedom due to the missing egg, but it doesn't seem like enough to scumside the game, so I'm ok leaving it.

It is still possible try to leash the game and demand non-UTRs not throw their egg to turn the game into a weird "2.2x Double Day" with 4~ consecutive lynches or something like that, but the EV seems worse than playing the setup as intended. It's possibly better than playing the setup as intended if there is is something incredibly significant about consensus UTRs, but that's o.k. if that manages to happen, the goal is to preserve good balance between town and scum for good/bad town/scum dayplay, not force the players to play the moderators' setup.
-Reworded Amberjack to be simpler since a one-shot ability you'd only ever use N2 is a N2 ability, and you would never lose any number of abilities other than 3.

-Changed the attackers route to "the living mafia become lovers" to make it abundantly clear entering the route with a dead mafia isn't an instant win, although my understanding of the normal queue role "lover" is that it's and "incident based event" so that would already be pretty clear in the first draft. It's just megaclear now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”