[SETUP] The Admiral's Election

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

[SETUP] The Admiral's Election

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

The Admiral's ElectionDemon Pirate
Spider Pirate
Shadow Pirate
Town Warden
4 Vts

Demon Pirate:
You win by reaching a plurality with the town (like serial killer)
You can kill at night

On day 1, if the demon pirate is elected admiral, you will lose your night kill and become a town-aligned innocent child.
On day 1, you can message one player via the moderator once.

Spider Pirate:
You can kill at night

On day 1, if the spider pirate pirate is elected admiral, you will lose your night kill and become a town-aligned innocent child.

Shadow Pirate:
You can kill at night

On day 1, if the shadow pirate is elected admiral, you will lose your night kill and become a town-aligned innocent child.

Warden:
You win with the town and vote like a VT during the day.
On day 1, you can vote to elect one of the three pirates as admiral, changing them into an IC.
During night 1, you can jail a player, protecting them from night kills and preventing them from killing others.
During day 2, the town will have the option to lynch or no lynch your target before the normal day's lynch resolves.

VT:
You win with the town and vote during the day to lynch someone you suspect of being a pirate.
During day 1, you can vote to elect one of the three pirates as admiral, changing them into an IC.

Ran an earlier version of this as a marathon once -- viewtopic.php?f=57&t=79810

The idea of this setup is that each of the named roles has interesting choices to make.
-No one is guaranteed to be forced into a serial killer, but if they claim being a captain they put themselves at risk of being lynched if a different captain is elected after they have claimed.
-Both serial killers (assuming two make it past day 1) have to decide whether to target the IC or not.
-Warden has to decide whether to protect the IC n1 or to make use of the potential double lynch day 2.
vote conspiracy
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:27 am

Post by BBmolla »

it's not technically mafia

captains should never claim

it's probably a fun little game as is, but it'd be better if reworked somehow to be mafia imo
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Krazy »

Oh yeah captains definitely should not claim

Not sure why it isn't mafia? Town + ~2 ics vs 2 sks is kinda a weird setup but I'd still call it mafia
vote conspiracy
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Most people say "mafia" has some kind of valid associative tells. I prefer that vocabulary preference. It's not a universal preference.
I feel like I could play mafia for 800 years and will be interested in trying out the other social deduction games when I turn 830, so this sort of setup would just be one I'm not interested in playing. It may be a good social deduction game though.

I'm not sure "reworked so it becomes mafia" makes sense here, I don't see any path to doing that that doesn't remove the esteem of the setup.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3, popsofctown wrote:Most people say "mafia" has some kind of valid associative tells. I prefer that vocabulary preference. It's not a universal preference.
I feel like I could play mafia for 800 years and will be interested in trying out the other social deduction games when I turn 830, so this sort of setup would just be one I'm not interested in playing. It may be a good social deduction game though.

I'm not sure "reworked so it becomes mafia" makes sense here, I don't see any path to doing that that doesn't remove the esteem of the setup.
Make captains crews of 2 lovers.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Krazy »

Or just make the scum captains goons instead of sks?
vote conspiracy

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”