[OPEN SETUP] FASCISTS VS LIBERALS

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

[OPEN SETUP] FASCISTS VS LIBERALS

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

inspired by s.h.
Fascists vs Liberals
13 Liberals

4 Fascists

Game will be broken into:
Legislative Session (~12 Days) -> Executive Session - Assignment (24 Hours) -> Executive Session - Action (36 Hours) -> Legislative Session

Legislative Session:

-Ends upon deadline (plurality) or majority election of
the Executive

-An executive may not serve consecutive terms or serve more than two terms
-May propose reforms by healing a proposal, any reform with majority support will be sent (Hurt tags and not voting are equivalent but should be tracked)
-As soon as a majority is reached on a reform, voting on it will be stopped and will be sent to the executive
-May also propose to revoke an approved reform

Executive Session:

-Broken into two phases:
-Assignment:
(Executive Assigns Ministers that will be announced at start of Action phase, chooses to veto or approve reforms, not approving is a veto)
-May only approve/revoke one reform
-Action:
(Ministers perform Night actions)
-The Executive
-1-shot Bulletproof while the Executive
-Assigns Ministers
-Veto Power
-Nominate Three Ministers (Compulsive or else randomized)
-Minister of Security
-Protect one person from one kill
-Minister of Justice
-Roleblock one person
-Minister of War
-Choose one person to strongarm kill
-The Ministers and the Executive will share a PT throughout the Action Phase

Authoritarian Reforms:

-Consecutive Terms: Consecutive terms are allowed for the Executive
-No Term Limit: Unlimited terms are allowed for the Executive, revoking and approving this reform applies retroactively unless you are already the Executive
-Executive Protection: No more Minister of Security, instead the Executive may choose to protect one person from one kill at night
-Executive Privilege: No more Minister of Justice, instead the Executive may choose to roleblock one person at night
-War Powers: No more Minister of War, instead the Executive may choose one person to strongarm kill

Liberalization Reforms:

-Remove the Veto: The Executive loses their veto, instead only one reform may be sent by the Legislation
-Transparency: The protected target by the Executive/Minister of Security will be announced at the start of the Legislative Session
-Warrants: The roleblocked target by the Executive/Minister of Justice will be announced at the start of the Legislative Session
-Public Execution: The killed target by the Executive/Minster of War will be announced at the start of the Legislative Session
-Dissolve the Executive (can only be proposed when all other liberal reforms are enacted): Dissolve the office of the Executive and Ministers. Instead the Legislative Session will be to ONLY vote on who to execute. Executive Phase will be consolidated to 48 hours for night actions from the Fascist team. No more reforms may be enacted/revoked.

Fascists:

Daytalk enabled. Multitasking is enabled.
Factional Nightkill will be performed at the end of the Action phase of the Executive Session.
Winconditions:

If three Authoritarian Reforms are passed and a Fascist is elected as the Executive, they will dissolve the Legislation and declare victory.
If three Authoritarian Reforms are passed and the Executive is killed whilst the Minister of War is aligned with the Fascists, Fascists seize control of government and declare victory.
If the government fails to be able to function (There are more Executive and Minister seats than players alive, unable to select an Executive due to Term limits etc.), Fascists may seize control of government and declare victory.
If fascists compose of half or more of the legislature, they seize control of government and declare victory.

Interactions:
Minister of Justice may roleblock the Minister of Security to block the protection, however, blocking the Minister of War will not prevent the strongarm kill but will stop other night kills

thoughts? i feel very inspired right now

Spoiler: Changelog
3/8/2020:
-Removed term limits as a liberal reform, instead removing term limits is an authoritarian reform
-Added Transparency and Dissolve the Executive as lib reforms
Last edited by OkaPoka on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Okay so obviously my setup is inspired by Secret Hitler but also I wanted to create a setup that would promote having both a) town leaders b) town supporters

I like the idea ~theoretically~ of a town leader rewarding their loyalists or promising ministry positions to get elected etc. ~political aspect of mafia is legitimized although I do suspect it could get toxic maybe?

I also like the idea of town passing reforms to meet the needs/wants of the playerlist and the situation (while not being like pure good or pure bad), and also if town decides to supersheep an RC-archetype then there needs to be a way just to end the game right there if RC is scum so there isn't the whole paranoid dancing.

But town can also play more democratically by not allowing withholding information too, and its the less punishing path.

Also want to grant both factions an incredible amount of agency, reward good play etc, no hard clears unless you want to risk the game (kinda like secret hitler ish)

Term limits is a throwaway reform because I couldn't think of a symmetrical reform for liberals, but if you have a better reform for libs than term limits than gimme gimme.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

A possible lib reform instead of term limits could be public election of ministers? but like that means you will have a bloated tracker of

1) executive election
2-9) reforms
10-13) ministers

reforms can be cut down by only keeping track of proposed reforms
but you will need to concurrently count 4 elections which is like very annoying i think having to say VOTE: okapoka for minister of war and blah blah blah so i just don't see a good elegant way to have public election of ministers
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

anyways ofc does is this setup even fun is the question or am i getting mired up in inspiration
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

dude this is crazy I literally have a secret hitler/mafia combo setup in my saved posts
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

you should post it!
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Kerset »

Why would town want Authoritarian reforms?
giv me pagetop :(
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Sometimes you want someone to be president multiple times

Sometimes at late game you have like a 4v3 and you dont trust enough people
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:29 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Also if its a 2v1 lylo then you have to merge powers otherwise gov fails
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I think im going to move term limits to natural rules and removing term limits as a reform so there are 5 authoritarian policies

Ill need to develop/workshop 2 lib policies
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

Plurality deadline lynching as an authoritarian policy?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am

Post by OkaPoka »

that would give town "two lynches" per phase (lynch + executive kill) right?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh I thought the town already had two lynches to begin with.
My main thrust was the "plurality deadline" part, though, it seems kind of on them as a policy you might need. You could apply it to executive election but unlike with lynching I can't come up with a good default behavior (besides "fascists win" which seems too harsh)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I think I'm going to keep the plurality thing unless I can figure out a way to create a contested convention or something
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

>_>
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've never played Secret Hitler but this looks maybe fun? Very not sure.
"Well, I..."
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I wonder if making this a 10 v 3 would be better

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”