Setup for a large game of 30+ with a Killer

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Grenade
Grenade
Watcher
Grenade
Watcher
Watcher

Setup for a large game of 30+ with a Killer

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Grenade »

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup a large game on a different forum with around 30 players (not exact/fixed). Since it has so many players i want to add a serial-killer who becomes active (mad/enraged) if town lynches 2 regular villagers.

How do i go about balancing/assigning town and mafia roles with this?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

could you clarify what you mean by "active"? do you mean that the player starts the game as a not-serial killer and then becomes a serial killer, or do you mean that they begin as a serial killer and it's just that their kill only activates after lynching 2 vanilla townies?

also, obviously standards will vary across websites, but i personally think that evidence suggests that in very large games like a game of 30+, you really need a way to eliminate multiple players every day.

do you want to go with a closed setup, or an open setup?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Grenade
Grenade
Watcher
Grenade
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Grenade »

Sorry i meant activated yeah. Starts as regular townie but becomes a SK if 2 townies are lynched.

Actually i want to make a role madness game with comic book heroes and villains of approx 25-35 players depending on sign-up. I tried to search for role-madness games but couldn't easily find large games and what roles they used. I am aware of mass role/name claim issues and so thinking of semi-open setup with mafia able to safe-claim and roles to counter that. To that i want to i want to add a SK (Punisher) with that activated condition.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”