[CHALLENGE] August Challenge

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

[CHALLENGE] August Challenge

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

AUGUST CHALLENGEFellow scummers~

The theme of this month's challenge is the idea of
Matrices
, I've developed two matrix style setups in the past but I don't feel like they are really finished products, more thought experiments.
Here is a look for inspiration I guess:

viewtopic.php?p=11976352#p11976352
viewtopic.php?p=11302645#p11302645

So intro aside here are the rules: (sorry for you math nerds who prefer m x n notation, or cs people who leave origin in top left)
  • Your setup must involve a fixed 2 dimensional Matrix (meaning you cannot adjust the size of the matrix as the game goes on, however you may work around this by starting with a larger matrix and blocking off locations), each dimension must have a length greater than or equal to two
  • Each player must be assigned a coordinate on the matrix before game start (the method is up to you, but by day 1 start, each player must be on the matrix)
  • Each player's starting location on the matrix must be somewhat independent from their faction, such that it is possible for a starting location to be occupied by a player to be of either faction
    See spirit of the rules
  • Each living player must be on the matrix at all times after game start
  • There must be some sort of game altering mechanic involving the matrix such that removing the matrix will remove some vital functionality of the gameplay (subjective, please just don't violate the spirit of the challenge)
  • The player's location on the matrix must be relevant past role distribution (you cannot just have matrices used to distribute faction independent roles, the mechanics of the setup itself should somehow continue to interact with the existence of the two dimension Matrix)
    For the sake of consistency:

• From here on out, all locations with the matrix will involve a coordinate system (ex is a 3x3 grid)
    [0,2][1,2][2,2]
    [0,1][1,1][2,1]
    [0,0][1,0][2,0]

• All interactions with the matrix must be defined using absolute coordinates (see above matrix) or relative coordinates where (0,0) is defined as the origin (see below), and this distinction must be specified. The form [i, j] will denote absolute coordinates while the form (x,y) will denote relative coordinates
    (-1,1)(0,1)(1,1)
    (-1,0)(0,0)(1,0)
    (-1,-1)(0,-1)(1,-1)

• You may have global interactions (indicating that location on matrix does not matter), however keep in mind the spirit of having a matrix themed setup
  • No 3rd-parties, no alignment changes, please
Last edited by OkaPoka on Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

This sounds incredibly convoluted for a setup restriction
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

its really just everybody needs to be on a factionally independent matrix but im trying to create a uniform way to interpret it
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

at least

i hope i didnt squash your ideas

tell me if you think one restriction might accidentally kill your setup that still in the spirit of the idea of having a matrix
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ok im going to get rid of one of the rules, just keep to the idea of having a matrix setup lol idk
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

gonna attempt an Idea-style setup, wish me luck
time will end
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

good luck that seems like a herculean task
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Am I allowed to have a role card deck for "Empty" (the empty slot in my matrix)?
time will end
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yes
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Isis »

would noughts and crosses be a valid submission if it were submitted
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yes
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

am I allowed to treat Mafia Traitor as a separate alignment for role purposes even though it is Mafia aligned?
time will end
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

don't think i follow, what rules are you worried about violating and why do you want to have mafia traitor as separate alignment for role purposes?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 12, OkaPoka wrote:don't think i follow, what rules are you worried about violating and why do you want to have mafia traitor as separate alignment for role purposes?
Mafia Traitor has a separate role deck for one, and I am considering using Alignment Cops
time will end
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I feel like we are straying further and further from the original intent of these challenges every month

~my $0.02, and also my fancy egopost given that I would definitely like to be a part of this glorious mess
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 13, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 12, OkaPoka wrote:don't think i follow, what rules are you worried about violating and why do you want to have mafia traitor as separate alignment for role purposes?
Mafia Traitor has a separate role deck for one, and I am considering using Alignment Cops
i think that should be okay if i get your flow, dont think my restrictions should matter as long as you play by the spirit of matrices mattering
In post 14, Something_Smart wrote:I feel like we are straying further and further from the original intent of these challenges every month

~my $0.02, and also my fancy egopost given that I would definitely like to be a part of this glorious mess
or maybe this begins a new era of ms.net and matrix setups take over site meta

in 2 years we can play 4d mafia
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

A shell of a matrix-based Idea setup.

Matrix of Ideas
15 players

3 Mafiosi

1 Mafia Traitor
(a Mafia-aligned player with no access to the scum PT and no knowledge of the scum, but gets a different alignment color as this is a distinct alignment for role card purposes)
11 Townies

This setup is not guaranteed to be balanced. While the alignments are fixed, the role cards might end up making a townsided or scumsided setup.

In this setup, everyone is on a 4x4 matrix that looks something like this:

[0,0]
[1,0]
[2,0]
[3,0]
[0,1]
[1,1]
[2,1]
[3,1]
[0,2]
[1,2]
[2,2]
[3,2]
[0,3]
[1,3]
[2,3]
[3,3]

Generating this setup: First, randomize alignments from the playerlist. The Mafia Traitor is a special case, as it is randed through the alignment rand. Second, randomize role cards for everyone, making sure to use the list for their alignment (Mafia Traitor and Mafia are different alignments for this purpose). Third, randomize everyone's position on the matrix (filling the empty 16th square with a Empty-aligned role card), rerolling if the Mafiosi and Mafia Traitor are all in one row, column, or 2x2 box.

Most abilities can only target someone adjacent to you, with the grid wrapping around both horizontally and vertically like a torus. Those that ignore this restriction have the
Ranged
modifier, and those that can only target non-adjacent players have the
Long Range
modifier.

Eliminations and voting work as normal, the matrix doesn't restrict eliminations and voting.

The Mafia factional kill is Ranged, it can target any location.

A grid showing how wrapping around works.
@
is the player acting,
X
is a valid target, and
O
is an invalid target. All targets are valid with a
Ranged
role, and only targets marked with
O
are valid for
Long Range
roles.

@
X
O
X
X
X
O
X
O
O
O
O
X
X
O
X

Dead players still have their locations occupied for the purposes of targeting.

Decks of role cards:

Mafia

Vanilla
Vanilla
Godfather
Godfather
Lover
Tracker
Long Range Tracker
Watcher
Role Watcher
Role Cop
Roleblocker
Long Range Roleblocker
Ascetic
1-shot Day Vigilante
Doctor
Strongman
Ninja
Compulsive Weak Hider
1-shot Bulletproof
Vengeful
1-shot Commuter
1-shot Asceticizer (Once in the game during Night, renders someone immune to non-killing abilities that Night)
Vanillaizer (Can change someone's role to Vanilla. The Mafia Traitor is vanillaized to a Mafia Traitor without an extra role. Can also target the "empty"-aligned square if adjacent to turn it into an Empty Lot)
Psychotrooper (All adjacent X/Not X investigatives are insane (Checker has Result and No Result flipped))
Ranged Tourist (Compulsively visits someone)
Swapper (Swaps places with an adjacent location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
1-shot Slider (Once in the game during Night, slides the row or column they are on, causing everyone on the row to move left or right, or everyone on the column to move up or down)
Target (Has role revealed immediately, is always a valid target)

Mafia Traitor

Role Cop
Ranged Fruit Vendor
1-shot Day Vigilante
Cop
Announcing Traitor (Tells people they are the Mafia Traitor)
Ranged Swapper (Swaps places with any other location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)

Town

Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Chocolate (Named townie)
Strawberry (Named townie)
Cop
Tracker
Long Range Tracker
Watcher
Role Watcher
Long Range Cop
Friendly Neighbor
Doctor
Ranged Doctor
Mason
Mason
Mason Cop
Mason Doctor
Lover
Lover
Mason Lover
Miller
Miller
Roleblocker
Long Range Roleblocker
Jailkeeper
Bodyguard
Role Cop
Ascetic
Ranged Fruit Vendor
Vigilante
Long Range Vigilante
1-shot Day Vigilante
Bulletproof
Innocent Child
Vengeful
Hider
Weak Hider
Ranged Checker
Weak Visitor
1-shot Loyal Neighborizer
1-shot Prince
Detective
Vanilla Cop
1-shot Commuter
Ranged Jack-of-all-trades (Roleblock, Cop, Doctor)
Gunsmith (Checks for a gun, see Gunsmith for roles that carry a gun, bearing in mind that Alignment Cops also carry guns)
Alignment Cop (Grabs exact alignment and can differentiate between a Mafia Traitor and a regular Mafioso)
1-shot Governor (May render an adjacent player ineligible for the elimination once in the game during the Day)
1-shot Kingmaker (Turns an adjacent player into a King the next day, they alone decide the elimination)
Enabler (Enables a random location)
Treestump (May declare themself a treestump during the day, counting as dead but still being able to post)
Ranged Tourist (Compulsively visits someone)
Gravedigger (Appears as targeting everyone who died that Night with the Mafia factional kill)
1-shot Desperado (Shoots during the Day, if they shoot Town, they die instead and the townie gets revealed as town-aligned)
Parity Cop (Checks if two adjacent players share the same alignment, Mafia Traitor is a separate alignment for this role)
Role Oracle (Determines if a role exists in the game, if so, gets all locations on the matrix where that role is)
Swapper (Swaps places with an adjacent location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
1-shot Slider (Once in the game during Night, slides the row or column they are on, causing everyone on the row to move left or right, or everyone on the column to move up or down)
Ranged Swapper (Swaps places with any other location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
Spotter (Removes the target's range restrictions for the next Cycle)
Phantasm (If targeted, redirects an adjacent ability to the next location in their direction. Immune to non-adjacent abilities.)
Beam Splitter (Acts during night, any actions targeting you will also target your target. If swapped, the Swapper swaps the Beam Splitter and then the Beam Splitter swaps the Beam Splitter's target after all Swappers act.)
Mass Redirector (Once in the game, may redirect all actions from adjacent players to their target)
Universal Backup (Inherits a role from the first adjacent townie to die)

Empty

The empty slot is named after the "empty" role randed, so the Empty role is public.

Empty Lot (Does nothing)
Empty Lot (Does nothing)
Neighborhood (Gives all orthogonally adjacent a PT, orthogonal adjacency fills out a cross shape)
Neighborhood (Gives all orthogonally adjacent a PT, orthogonal adjacency fills out a cross shape)
Station (Counts as nonexistent for the concept of adjacency)
Block (Blocks swapping and sliding)
Transmitter (If targeted by a non-killing ability during Night, clones the ability to all orthogonally adjacent squares, then turns into an Empty Lot the next Day. Can't transmit a Swapper swap.)
Shield (If targeted by someone, rolestops the player that Night, then turns into an Empty Lot the next Day)
Radar (All orthogonally adjacent players are Ranged and may target anyone on any location)
time will end
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:55 am

Post by OkaPoka »

you should number the deck btw

like each deck has its own numbering

also is the matrix public?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:38 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 17, OkaPoka wrote:you should number the deck btw

like each deck has its own numbering

also is the matrix public?
I'll number the decks for clarity, thanks. Probably should add more vanilla and copies of power roles though.

The matrix is public.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:14 am

Post by TemporalLich »

v1.1 with more cards and card numbers for clarity.

Matrix of Ideas v1.1
15 players

3 Mafiosi

1 Mafia Traitor
(a Mafia-aligned player with no access to the scum PT and no knowledge of the scum and is endgamed if the only scum alive, but gets a different alignment color as this is a distinct alignment for role card purposes)
11 Townies

This setup is not guaranteed to be balanced. While the alignments are fixed, the role cards might end up making a townsided or scumsided setup.

In this setup, everyone is on a 4x4 matrix that looks something like this:

[0,0]
[1,0]
[2,0]
[3,0]
[0,1]
[1,1]
[2,1]
[3,1]
[0,2]
[1,2]
[2,2]
[3,2]
[0,3]
[1,3]
[2,3]
[3,3]

This matrix serves as the playerlist and is public.

Generating this setup: First, randomize alignments from the playerlist. The Mafia Traitor is a special case, as it is randed through the alignment rand. Second, randomize role cards for everyone, making sure to use the list for their alignment (Mafia Traitor and Mafia are different alignments for this purpose). Third, randomize everyone's position on the matrix (filling the empty 16th square with a Empty-aligned role card), rerolling if the Mafiosi and Mafia Traitor are all in one row, column, or 2x2 box.

Most abilities can only target someone adjacent to you, with the grid wrapping around both horizontally and vertically like a torus. Those that ignore this restriction have the
Ranged
modifier, and those that can only target non-adjacent players have the
Long Range
modifier.

Eliminations and voting work as normal, the matrix doesn't restrict eliminations and voting.

The Mafia factional kill is Ranged, it can target any location.

A grid showing how wrapping around works.
@
is the player acting,
X
is a valid target, and
O
is an invalid target. All targets are valid with a
Ranged
role, and only targets marked with
O
are valid for
Long Range
roles.

@
X
O
X
X
X
O
X
O
O
O
O
X
X
O
X

Dead players still have their locations occupied for the purposes of targeting.

Decks of role cards:

Mafia

M1. Vanilla
M2. Vanilla
M3. Godfather
M4. Godfather
M5. Lover
M6. Tracker
M7. Long Range Tracker
M8. Watcher
M9. Role Watcher
M10. Roleblocker
M11. Long Range Roleblocker
M12. Ranged Roleblocker
M13. Ascetic
M14. 1-shot Day Vigilante
M15. Doctor
M16. Strongman
M17. Ninja
M18. Compulsive Weak Hider
M19. 1-shot Bulletproof
M20. Vengeful
M21. 1-shot Commuter
M22. Role Cop (Traitor is shown as a Traitor to Role Cops)
M23. 1-shot Asceticizer (Once in the game during Night, renders someone immune to non-killing abilities that Night)
M24. Vanillaizer (Can change someone's role to Vanilla. The Mafia Traitor is vanillaized to a Mafia Traitor without an extra role. Can also target the "empty"-aligned square if adjacent to turn it into an Empty Lot)
M25. Psychotrooper (All adjacent X/Not X investigatives are insane (Checker has Result and No Result flipped))
M26. Ranged Tourist (Compulsively visits someone)
M27. 1-shot Treestumper (once in the game during night, may treestump someone, making them count as dead except for being able to post.)
M28. Swapper (Swaps places with an adjacent location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
M29. 1-shot Slider (Once in the game during Night, slides the row or column they are on, causing everyone on the row to move left or right, or everyone on the column to move up or down)
M30. Target (Has role revealed immediately, is always a valid target)
M31. Gunsmith (Checks for a gun, see Gunsmith for roles that carry a gun, bearing in mind that Alignment Cops also carry guns)
M32. Moonlight Dancer (may PM the moderator "Dance in the Moonlight" at any time once per phase to have the moderator post "{player} dances and howls in the moonlight.")

Mafia Traitor

D1. Role Cop (Traitor is shown as a Traitor to Role Cops)
D2. Ranged Fruit Vendor
D3. 1-shot Day Vigilante
D4. Cop
D5. Announcing Traitor (Tells people they are the Mafia Traitor as their night action)
D6. Ranged Swapper (Swaps places with any other location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)

Town

T1. Vanilla
T2. Vanilla
T3. Vanilla
T4. Chocolate (Named townie)
T5. Strawberry (Named townie)
T6. Cop
T7. Tracker
T8. Long Range Tracker
T9. Ranged Tracker
T10. Watcher
T11. Role Watcher
T12. Long Range Cop
T13. Friendly Neighbor
T14. Doctor
T15. Long Range Doctor
T16. Ranged Doctor
T17. Mason
T18. Mason
T19. Mason
T20. Mason 1-shot Neighborizer
T21. Mason Cop
T22. Mason Doctor
T23. Lover
T24. Lover
T25. Mason Lover
T26. Miller
T27. Miller
T28. Roleblocker
T29. Long Range Roleblocker
T30. Jailkeeper
T31. Bodyguard
T32. Ascetic
T33. Ranged Fruit Vendor
T34. Vigilante
T35. Long Range Vigilante
T36. 1-shot Day Vigilante
T37. 1-shot Day Vigilante
T38. Bulletproof
T39. Innocent Child
T40. Vengeful
T41. Hider
T42. Weak Hider
T43. Ranged Checker
T44. Weak Visitor
T45. 1-shot Loyal Neighborizer
T46. 1-shot Prince
T47. Detective
T48. Vanilla Cop
T49. 1-shot Commuter
T50. Mailman
T51. Traffic Analyst
T52. Role Cop (Traitor is shown as a Traitor to Role Cops)
T53. Mason Role Cop (Traitor is shown as a Traitor to Role Cops, is in the Mason Lodge PT)
T54. Ranged Jack-of-all-trades (Roleblock, Cop, Doctor)
T55. Gunsmith (Checks for a gun, see Gunsmith for roles that carry a gun, bearing in mind that Alignment Cops also carry guns)
T56. Alignment Cop (Grabs exact alignment and can differentiate between a Mafia Traitor and a regular Mafioso)
T57. 1-shot Governor (May render an adjacent player ineligible for the elimination once in the game during the Day)
T58. 1-shot Kingmaker (Turns an adjacent player into a King the next day, they alone decide the elimination)
T59. Enabler (Enables a random location, a player on a disabled location is effectively Vanilla and an empty slot on a disabled location is effectively an Empty Lot)
T60. Treestump (May declare themself a treestump during the day, counting as dead but still being able to post)
T61. Ranged Tourist (Compulsively visits someone)
T62. Gravedigger (Appears as targeting everyone who died that Night with the Mafia factional kill)
T63. 1-shot Desperado (Shoots during the Day, if they shoot Town, they die instead and the townie gets revealed as town-aligned)
T64. Parity Cop (Checks if two adjacent players share the same alignment, Mafia Traitor is a separate alignment for this role)
T65. Role Oracle (Determines if a role exists in the game, if so, gets all players who have that role. Traitor is a different role than non-Traitor.)
T66. Inventor (Gives out a single shot each of Roleblock, Cop, and Doctor)
T67. Moonlight Dancer (may PM the moderator "Dance in the Moonlight" at any time once per phase to have the moderator post "{player} dances and howls in the moonlight.")
T68. Moonlight Dancer (may PM the moderator "Dance in the Moonlight" at any time once per phase to have the moderator post "{player} dances and howls in the moonlight.")
T69. Swapper (Swaps places with an adjacent location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
T70. Swapper (Swaps places with an adjacent location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
T71. 1-shot Slider (Once in the game during Night, slides the row or column they are on, causing everyone on the row to move left or right, or everyone on the column to move up or down)
T72. 1-shot Slider (Once in the game during Night, slides the row or column they are on, causing everyone on the row to move left or right, or everyone on the column to move up or down)
T73. Ranged Swapper (Swaps places with any other location on the matrix, susceptible to manipulative roles. Multiple swaps on the same target all fail.)
T74. Spotter (Removes the target's range restrictions for the next Cycle)
T75. Phantasm (If targeted, redirects an adjacent ability to the next location in their direction. Immune to non-adjacent abilities.)
T76. Target (Has role revealed immediately, is always a valid target)
T77. Target (Has role revealed immediately, is always a valid target)
T78. Beam Splitter (Acts during night, any actions targeting you will also target your target. If swapped, the Swapper swaps the Beam Splitter and then the Beam Splitter swaps the Beam Splitter's target after all Swappers act.)
T79. Mass Redirector (Once in the game, may redirect all actions from adjacent players to their target)
T80. Universal Backup (Inherits a role from the first adjacent townie to die)

Empty

The empty slot is named after the "empty" role randed, so the Empty role is public.

E1. Empty Lot (Does nothing)
E2. Empty Lot (Does nothing)
E3. Empty Lot (Does nothing)
E4. Neighborhood (Gives all orthogonally adjacent a PT, orthogonal adjacency fills out a cross shape. If swapped or slid the previous PT is locked and a new one is made.)
E5. Neighborhood (Gives all orthogonally adjacent a PT, orthogonal adjacency fills out a cross shape. If swapped or slid the previous PT is locked and a new one is made.)
E6. City (Gives all adjacent a PT. If swapped or slid the previous PT is locked and a new one is made.)
E7. Station (Counts as nonexistent for the concept of adjacency)
E8. Block (Blocks swapping and sliding)
E9. Transmitter (If targeted by a non-killing ability during Night, clones the ability to all orthogonally adjacent squares, then turns into an Empty Lot the next Day. Can't transmit a Swapper swap.)
E10. Shield (If targeted by someone, rolestops the player that Night, then turns into an Empty Lot the next Day)
E11. Radar (All orthogonally adjacent players are Ranged and may target anyone on any location)
E12. Telescope (All orthogonally adjacent players are Long Range and may only target non-adjacent locations)
time will end
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Kerset »

Matrix conspiracyIn pregame mod randomly selects one matrix
option 1:
-
[1,0]
[2,0]
[3,0]
[0,1]
[1,1]
[2,1]
[3,1]
[0,2]
[1,2]
[2,2]
[3,2]

option 2:
-
[1,0]
[2,0]
[3,0]
[0,1]
[1,1]
[2,1]
[3,1]
[0,2]
[1,2]
[2,2]
[3,2]

option 3:
-
[1,0]
[2,0]
[3,0]
[0,1]
[1,1]
[2,1]
[3,1]
[0,2]
[1,2]
[2,2]
[3,2]

Each cell represents one player - red means mafia goon and green vanilla townie.
Players locations are publicly known but it is not known which matrix was chosen.

Once player gets voted out, he dies with his alignment being revealed. Imminently after that his neighbors die as well but without being flipped.
Spoiler: example
In matrix1 player
[3,1]
got voted out. The result was:
[3,1]
died, his role was
mafia goon.

[3,0] [2,1] [3,2]
died. Their role remains as unknown.

Mafia is unable to nightkill and their win condition is parity.
giv me pagetop :(
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:51 am

Post by OkaPoka »

66% wr on [2,1] -> [1,0] -> [3,0]?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

if you flip a player and there is parity, (but parity is broken after neighbors are flipped) is that a scum win or not
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Kerset »

Technically there are few choices that give town 66% chance to win but it all depends on which setup was chosen.
[3, 0] -> [2,2] -> [0,1] is also mathematical 66% (33% + 50%*66%) but it will give you different results in different setups. The trick here is that mafia knows, which setup you are in and may misguide you.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 22, OkaPoka wrote:if you flip a player and there is parity, (but parity is broken after neighbors are flipped) is that a scum win or not
parity is being checked after neighbors death

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”