[SETUP] Attack! From Planet Earth

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

[SETUP] Attack! From Planet Earth

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

The UPA's Space program has just found a planet suitable to be harvested for resources. Unknown to them, an alien shapeshifting species already lives on the planet, and wouldn't be happy having an Earthling crew invading their planet. Murdering some of the crew that landed on their planet and taking their places as Earthlings, they are now trying to sabotage the mission- or at least that's what one of the crew said before going missing due to hazy circumstances.
Now, the 9 of the crew must decide who to sacrifice before the mission can start. However, if ever the Aliens (whom may not even exist) outnumber the crew, they will take control and return to Earth, starting the demise of the UPA.

0-2 Aliens

8-6 Crewmates

1 Captain

• At any time, all players may vote to start the mission. If there is even one
    Alien
    , this will immediately cause the
    Aliens
    to win.
  • The
    Aliens
    have a factional Kill/Convert. When they use the convert, they must target one of their own to Kill, who will appear to be the
    Crewmate
    version of what their role was. They can only Kill once.
  • There can be no more than 2
    Aliens
  • Aliens
    have no private chat. If they use their factional abilities, one of the Aliens will be chosen at random to commit their action.
  • The Captain, who is publicly known, may be an
    Alien
    . No one can target The Captain at night, except to kill them.
  • If the Captain dies, a new Captain will be elected.

Role PMs
Welcome! You are an
Alien

[You know that [Player] is an Alien/You are the only Alien.]

You have access to the factional abilities, Convert and Kill.
  • Convert: Choose a player to convert into an Alien, and an Alien to kill, who will appear to be the Crewmate version of what their role is. This has a factional cooldown of 1 day.
  • Kill: Choose one player to kill. This can only be done once.
You win when there are the same amount of Aliens as there are Crewmates, or the Crew start the mission while at least one Alien is alive.

Welcome! You are The
Alien Captain

If you die, a new Captain will be elected.

[You know that [Player] is an Alien/You are the only Alien.]

If you are the only Alien left, you will gain access to the factional abilities, Convert and Kill:
  • Convert: Choose a player to convert into an Alien, and an Alien to kill, who will appear to be the Crewmate version of what their role is. This has a factional cooldown of 1 day.
  • Kill: Choose one player to kill. This can only be done once.
You have access to the Captain's abilities:
  • Condemn: This can only be used during the day. Target a player. That player will be executed today. You only have 1 use of this.
  • Control: Target two players. The first player named will be redirected to target the second.
  • Contain: Roleblock a player for tonight.
  • Command: Target a player, and give them a 1-shot Cop ability:
    • Cop: Target a player, and determine if they are an
      Alien
      . You only have 1 use of this.
You win when there are the same amount of Aliens as there are Crewmates, or the Crew start the mission while at least one Alien is alive.

Welcome! You are The
Crewmate Captain

If you die, a new Captain will be elected.

You have access to the Captain's abilities:
  • Condemn: This can only be used during the day. Target a player. That player will be executed today. You only have 1 use of this.
  • Control: Target two players. The first player named will be redirected to target the second.
  • Contain: Roleblock a player for tonight.
  • Command: Target a player, and give them a 1-shot Cop ability:
    • Cop: Target a player, and determine if they are an
      Alien
      . You only have 1 use of this.
You win when the crew starts the mission with 0 Aliens alive.

Welcome! You are a
Crewmate

You currently possess no abilities.

You win when the crew starts the mission with 0 Aliens alive.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

this looks a bit like Among Us lol
actual constructive commentary later maybe
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Isis »

The entire mission mechanic seems broken, there is no reason not to to delay the mission as much as possible
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Starters
Can’t be 0 or it’s not mafia
Converts would make this fall into bastard territory based on MS standards for changing wincons

You could turn this into conspiracy by adding on the requirement can’t eliminate if there is no scum but that’s just not right.

This just seems like not mafia.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”