Featured Setups list

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Towns are very consistently beat mafia with EVs way way lower than 56% right now in nightless, I don't think that setup is very attuned to contemporary balance
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by lendunistus »

In post 25, Isis wrote:Towns are very consistently beat mafia with EVs way way lower than 56% right now in nightless, I don't think that setup is very attuned to contemporary balance
assassin in the palace maybe?

although can that really classify as mafia
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by lendunistus »

In post 26, lendunistus wrote:
In post 25, Isis wrote:Towns are very consistently beat mafia with EVs way way lower than 56% right now in nightless, I don't think that setup is very attuned to contemporary balance
assassin in the palace maybe?

although can that really classify as mafia
actually the optimal strategy for AITP involves zero discussion

so let's not put that in
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Isis »

I added a setup
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Isis »

In post 28 I was referring to vengeful mountainous I believe. Deputy Cultists has now been added.
"Well, I..."
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:57 am

Post by lendunistus »

when testing out featured setups, maybe they could be given only 1-2 weeks to fill or something like that?

then once it's clear that there's demand for them, give them the normal time to fill

maybe have two different lists for featured setups: "in testing" setups that are given the 1-2 weeks to fill that I mentioned before and a regular list that would function like they do now
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:06 am

Post by lendunistus »

personally, I don't think that the featured setups thing is a good idea at all: the approved setups are already a solution that works for first time mods and the featured games just clog up the queue, delaying games that people would actually be interested in

just my opinion
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Featured Setups should have their own queue, like the limited-time Blitz queue in the Mini Theme queue
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Isis »

It currently has its own queue, essentially. What would you want to be different.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 31, lendunistus wrote:personally, I don't think that the featured setups thing is a good idea at all: the approved setups are already a solution that works for first time mods and the featured games just clog up the queue, delaying games that people would actually be interested in

just my opinion
The fill rate of featured and unfeatured setups seems similar so far. If I was convinced by data that featured setups fill slower on average I would definitely discontinue them.
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

When the Blitz queue is active it’s a third queue slot
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Isis »

Ahh. I think 2 is the right number of slots, but it's not impossible 3 would be better.
"Well, I..."
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

There isn't any demand for Blitz games, so it shouldn't have its own queue unfortunately. Everyone seems to think there is a population of players who want to play Blitzs at a high rate (without being one of those players themselves). I tested trying increased Blitz demand in both the mini theme and open queues, and I had to beg people to participate both times.

If you happen to be a person who wants to see Blitz games though, be the change you want to see and mod them in literally any queue (except maybe newbie/normal).
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Gypyx »

well, there's owners market blitz in signups as an experiment for those that wanna test
bottom text
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Isis »

I think blitz was only being used as a comparison
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 39, Isis wrote:I think blitz was only being used as a comparison
Yeah
I’ll join owner’s market if it needs one more to fill and/or is close to being pulled
<Embrace The Void>

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Isis »

I am going to make a wiki page for that exploder game so i can feature it, it seems alright and was very popular
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 213, Isis wrote:I am not removing Guardians of the Fortress from the Featured Open Setups list due to the attempt to run it being so soon after it was run previously (in addition to a marathon run). The moderator was aware of an associated risk of this lowering interest in the setup. Please PM or post in this thread if you think it's better interpreted as generalized disinterest in the setup. You can also use those venues if you'd like to opine that it would be better policy remove recently run setups from the Featured Open Setups list until they are more "due" to be played, as I'm of two minds about that point of policy and it would have direct bearing on Nightless Exploder Pandemonium.
It's worth noting that Guardians actually filled briefly, before losing two players. Certainly wouldn't call that lowered interest.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Isis »

I read into the act of pulling a lot, and didn't check where it was at. My working memory was short, I guess.
"Well, I..."
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Prism »

I already mentioned this to Isis privately, but just to have it publicly I concur with S_S that lowered interest wasn't severe and I pulled it more because I got sick than anything else.

The in/outing could be interpreted as scary, but I think contextually it makes more sense to chalk this up to a specific player's schedule/commitments rather than broader ambivalence.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:49 am

Post by T3 »

Would it be possible for D6 to become an approved setup? It's simple enough for first-time mods to run and it would add some variety to the queue. I successfully ran this setup in 2021.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”