Trolley Problem Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Trolley Problem Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Cook »

This was a ridiculous idea I had but I'm gonna do it anyhow.

Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies

Town Doctors

Goons have two nightkills.

Every day the moderator announces a trolley problem:

Ahead of the group is a trolley track that splits off into two tracks. Both lead to bottomless pits. On one track are two vanilla townies and an envelope containing information. On the other track is a doctor.

You may vote to put anyone on the trolley and send the trolley down a track. All players on that track will be eliminated and the others will be spared.

Vote to trolley someone with VOTE: Playername

Vote for a track with HURT: Vanillas or HURT: Doctor.

Whichever track has plurality at hammer will be the track the trolley is sent down.

If the trolley runs over the
Vanillas
, two Vanilla Townies (privately chosen at the start of the day by the mod) will be eliminated alongside the elimination target. This may result in someone both being on the tracks and on the trolley — just means that there's only two VTs eliminated. In addition, the information envelope is lost and not revealed.

Doctor
a Town Doctor (privately chosen at the start of the day by the mod) will be eliminated alongside the elimination target. This may result in the Doctor both being on the tracks and on the trolley — just means there's only the Doctor eliminated.

Doctor
the information envelope on the other track isn't lost, so the Moderator will publish a Neapolitan result for a living player.

If there's no Doctors remaining or there's no Vanilla Townies remaining, nothing will be tied up on the tracks, so the elimination works normally from then on.

Things about this setup I'm willing to compromise on:

— Everything except the base concept of the eliminated also taking other people with them.

Why Did I Make This?

— Because I am an evil and cruel person.

And also because the trolley problem.

feel free to steal this setup and change whatever you like about it and run it as a closed mini theme, that's cool
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 4:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Trolley problem concept has potential, but the random eliminations seem pretty frustrating here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:18 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I'd prefer it be known who is on either track (randomized - you still have to vote for vanilla or PR track blindly but you will know either way), but have the Mafia pick who is on the track the previous Night (including Night 0 - this requires the Mafia to know who is Vanilla and who is a Town PR - scum could WIFOM here).

Honestly idk, random elims are kinda frustrating, maybe just have a track with two, and a track with one and some powerful information (like a Cop result) decided by scum. The setup as is is very scumsided.
time will end
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Awoo »

Trolley problem has potential as a funny role, imagine scum has a 1-shot TROLLEY PROBLEM thing they can either use at some point or are forced to use in LYLO? Could be a funny wifom mechanic if they are forced to have at least one scum on the tracks

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”