13P Dance

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

13P Dance

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

3 Mafia

10 Vanilla Townies

Phase 1: Pairing - Person left out Leaves Dance(Death) - Go to Phase 2

Phase 2: Mafia are allowed to kill one player - the partner of the killed player has 48 hours to propose to another player. If accepted - that player will form a dance pairing with the partner and the original partner will leave the dance(death) - If Rejected, the partner will leave the dance(death) - Go to Phase 3

Phase 3: Players vote to eliminate a Dance Pairing. ( 7 day deadline - Mafia Choose Elimination if Deadline Reached) - Go to Phase 4.

Phase 4: Check For Elo (if the number of mafia alive make it so that eliminating a T/T pair will end the game go to Phase 5, otherwise go back to Phase 2)

Phase 5: Elo - Players vote to eliminate a Dance Pairing (7 day deadline - Mafia Win if Deadline Reached) - After a Pair is Eliminated - Return to Phase 4 if Game is not Over.

Players may leave the dance during a voting phase in order to eliminate their pairing. Mafia win at Parity.
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:22 am

Post by Kerset »

You should close thread for phase 2, to avoid additional 'vote to eliminate' scenario.
giv me pagetop :(
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

it is intended that players are able to talk during the selection part of phase 2 where the partner is picking out a new dance partner.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but suggestion for this format of game: What if instead of steps 4 and 5, as soon as 3 pairs remain (6 players) and the game isn't over (i.e. there are 1-2 Mafia remaining), the players have to elect 1 pair as the Towns (flavour could be Prom King/Queen or something like that, doesn't matter too much). If both of the elected pair are Town then Town win. Thoughts? I've been thinking about Dance games recently and you seem to like them a lot Pooky.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”