xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Brawl 10: Pointless

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 am

Post by xofelf »

{ROUND 10: BRAWL}

Pointless

You know what we really need more of in this game? Game shows. We really need so much more of them, and thankfully Mish Mash has run a fair few to choose from! Pointless was even part of the game show marathon(RIP). If you're really good at knowing the stuff no one knows or cares about, this is the game for you!

Welcome to the syndicated version of Pointless, the quiz show where the popular answers mean nothing and the obscure answers mean everything.
For each questions, the BBC polled 100 people and gave them each 100 seconds to come up with as many answers as possible for each subject. Find out what they didn't know, and you'll end up victorious!

For the first two rounds, teams will answer separately, but you will be able to come up with an answer together in Round III and the Final.
All answers must be thought of by yourself; this isn't a test of how well you can Google answers.

Round I

A category for the question will be revealed and teams will choose who will give an answer for the first pass. The other member will give an answer for the second pass.
The question will then be revealed (see Question Formats, below). Starting with the player in Position #1, they give an answer and it is scored (see Scoring, below). This repeats down the line until the player in Position #2 gives their answer.
After that, the other players in each team will get a chance to answer in reverse order, starting with the player in Position #2 and ending with the player in Position #1.
The team will the lowest cumulative score through Round I will receive a point.

Round II

A category for the question will be revealed and teams will choose who will give an answer for the first pass. The other member will give an answer for the second pass.
The question will then be revealed (see Question Formats, below). Starting with the player in Position #1, they give an answer and it is scored (see Scoring, below). This repeats down the line until the player in Position #2 gives their answer.
After that, the other players in each team will get a chance to answer in reverse order, starting with the player in Position #2 and ending with the player in Position #1.
The team will the lowest cumulative score through Round II will receive a point.

Round III

The two teams now go head-to-head for the Pointless trophy and the chance to try to win the Jackpot. Team members can confer with each other before giving their answers in this round.
The team with the lowest combined score during Rounds I and II gets to go first and gives an answer for the first question. The other team then gives an answer. If it is a Clues and Answers question and they believe the first team answered incorrectly, they can give another answer to the same clue.
Once both answers are given, the scores for those answers will be revealed. The team that got the lowest score receives one point.
The team that gets to answer first then changes to the other team and the next question is asked. The first team to score three points (factoring in the points given during Rounds I & II) wins the game, and the losers are eliminated from Clash of the Mash.

Question Formats

There are three possible formats of questions in Rounds I-III.
  • Original Format
    : The questions will have been posed to 100 people by the BBC. Each person polled had 100 seconds to come up with as many answers as they could. Each player will choose an answer, with no prompts or possible choices given.
  • Possible Answers
    : The question will have been posed to 100 people by the BBC. Each person polled had 100 seconds to come up with as many answers as they could. A number of possible answers are given on each pass (7 in Round I, 6 in Round II and 5 in Round III), and each player will choose one of those answers. On each pass, at least one answer is incorrect.
  • Clues and Answers
    : The question is a two-part subject. A number of items for the first part of the subject will be listed for each pass (7 in Round I, 6 in Round II and 5 in Round III), and each player will choose one and give the corresponding other half of the answer.
Scoring

After an answer is given, the answer will be scored. If the answer is incorrect, it scores the maximum of
100 points
If the answer is correct, a number of points will be given equal to the number of people polled who also gave that answer.
If a correct answer is given that nobody polled came up with—a Pointless answer—
0 points
will be given.
If the two teams are tied at the end of Round I or Round II, each team will give an additional answer until the tie is resolved. If scores are tied in Round III, nobody gets the point and another question is given.

A dice roll will determine which pair goes first. Five minutes will then be given for every answer.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:58 am

Post by xofelf »

Klick and racefan, please pick which pair you would like to go against. You may not pick Ani and piggy. You may pick from:
  • Cephrir and Radja
    Xalxe and Shadoweh
    Red Coyote and Zoraster
    Save the Dragons and Haschel Cedricson
    pablito and DeathRowKitty
If scheduling is a problem, the live nature of this can be dropped but it would be MUCH appreciated if it didn't have to be. Also with American Thanksgiving being this week, it's entirely understandable if it's gonna be a bit problematic.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Klick »

I want to pick Haschel. But racefan says he's a trivia genius. So we compromised.

Ceph and Radja, let's go.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 am

Post by xofelf »

Well, I've already been informed by Radja that it will probably be damn near impossible to schedule a time where this can be done live, but what the hell, let's see if it MIGHT be possible to find something.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Radja »

yay timezones!
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Klick »

:P
What times can you make this happen Radja? I have a pretty open schedule so name whenever and I can try to be there.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Radja »

on weekdays, 2pm-5pm xofy time :wink:
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Klick »

I can do that, easily. Don't know how great that time is for racefan/Ceph though.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Radja »

I've been told racefan has a dayjob so I don't think he can make it.
I have no idea about Ceph
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay so like, obviously this isn't like saying HA YES XOF CAN BE HERE AT EVERY TIME EVER thing here. This is simply, a doodle of, knowing that: one of you lives in Willy Wonka land, three different timezones, two of you work away from internet things, two of you have significant others who would probably want to see you at some point, and three of you may have to do Thanksgiving things during this week MAY mean that schedules are super extra fucked so let's find if there's any hours of time where all 4 of you are even going to be online all at the same time during the next week before I just say let's fully scrap the live portion of this. I will note that tonight I personally can't run this because I have already booked up my entire night. BUT if this isn't live, I can start this tonight.

Please fill out this doodle: http://doodle.com/poll/qdmstzh6sfif9ra7
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Radja »

Show all 200 options.

LMAO
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:28 am

Post by xofelf »

^_^ YES SHOW ME ALL THE TIMES
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:36 am

Post by racefan12 »

In post 2, Klick wrote:I want to pick Haschel. But racefan says he's a trivia genius. So we compromised.

Ceph and Radja, let's go.
I just want to clarify that the "he" here refers to Haschel.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Radja »

We get it, you're both afraid of Haschel so you choose to lose against Ceph and me ;)
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:39 am

Post by racefan12 »

Also I'm not quite sure how this Doodle thing works but just looking at Radja's responses, I don't see this happening.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Radja »

Welcome to Willy Wonkaland
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Radja »

I'd say fill it in anyway and we'll work from there.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:50 am

Post by xofelf »

This is only to see if live things work. It's totally fine if they don't :) It can work without that.

Basically, you're filling out your availability. Yes is you can be here, (Yes) is if you HAVE to you can, No is nope never. And it defaults to No.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how long this should take. My best guesstimate is 2 hours or more. But I could be entirely wrong on that.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In lieu of checking off 400 boxes I'm just going to tell you when I'm available here

If it's not thanksgiving day I can probably do anything
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:48 am

Post by xofelf »

Okay, well, Ceph, does 3-5 EST next Saturday or Sunday work for you? Those are the only times where everyone else overlaps. And while I'd rather not wait a whole week, if that's what we have to do to schedule people, that's what we'll do. /Or/ would you all rather just not wait for that and play this non-live but with the awareness that as soon as you possibly can answer things would be preferred?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Shadoweh »

If they do it non-live it might take a week anyways considering how every other game has ggone <.<
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:52 am

Post by xofelf »

Yes, well.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Those times should be fine
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by xofelf »

Mkay, since you're all the most accommodating guys on the planet(no really, ALL of you said whichever is fine, no preference) in the interest of not dealing with a surprise work emergency deciding to take away the for sure time for the live challenge, scrapping the live deadline part to this. Just asking that as soon as humanly possible submit. But the first part of this will be going up
Tomorrow, November 20th at 3 PM EST
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:55 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 15, Radja wrote:Welcome to Willy Wonkaland
Can I have a golden ticket?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Finished Threads”