zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by zakk »

The likelihood of 2 scum winning a 2:9 mountainous game is >50%, Yes?

The likelihood of >1 scum being put on a 3 man team is, theoretically, what?

Town was fucked from the get go regardless of numbers as soon as 2 scum passed 2 missions both times
permanently retired

see here for more info
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 am

Post by itlepip »

I agree with the analysis that the setup is scum sided, but that doesn't change the fact that this game should have been a town win. Look at rounds 2 and 3. Same group of people first time 0 reject next time 1 reject. The only possible time that scum wouldn't reject in a 4 man like that is if there are multiple scum on that 4 person group. So when going into round 4, which is the round you have to win on otherwise as has been discussed the game is almost always over, you pick 5 people that weren't in that group of 4. If you don't have reads/look into vote logic (which is super fricken important this game and why I rejected round 1) it is 1/3 chance and a correct townread improves your chances to 3/5 and a correct scumread gives you the game. Assuming that most players can find 1 fricken town in this kind of game (I did with Cheery dog while spectating by round 2) the game should be a town win. Plus if that round fails you have one confirmed town which kinda helps I guess. (Also for round 5 Drench voting against round 3 confirms him as mafia given the world of confirmed multiple mafia on the wagon that round).

The reason that this setup is in fact scumsided is that mafia played fricken horribly round 2. Either you soft to your partner that they shouldn't go or you submit 2 fails and are still in a great position. If town was intelligent enough to figure basic mechanics, than because town always submits the same group if they win round 2, accepting round 2 means all that scum accomplish by not failing is they give town a free win. If you both fail round 2 than town doesn't get any information since they can figure out that there are 2 on the wagon anyways, and then because round 5 is nearly impossible for town to win, town need to have 4 perfect townreads to win which in a 4/6 setup (or practically 2/4) is really hard. (With no reads it is a 6% chance).
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:52 am

Post by zakk »

Yea town had to figure out the entire theory of PoE, numbers games, and optimal play. All within intervals of 15 minutes where it's tough to get a post in edgewise.

And all scum had to do was vote mostly what they wanted, fail exactly as much as needed, and help confusion snowball — which, given the format of how this game was run, and how few people had played it like this before (or indeed, at all), wasn't a tall order at all. A bit f early luck just pushed them over the edge.

Next game(s), I highly recommend lengthening the game, and providing more info in the OP on how things will work, instead of just being like "DEMOGORGON APPEARS. YOU HAVE 15 SECONDS TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO! DO YOU USE FIREBALL OR SHIELD?" which honestly is what it felt like, and the players only half knew how to play D&D.

My two cents.
permanently retired

see here for more info

Return to “Finished Threads”