[Complex] Survivor: Pantheon [Congrats Mist and Noraa!]

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Empire »

I think hard time limits for challenges should be a standard thing moving forward. It really sucked to lose the last and most important challenge of the game simply because Jesus had more time to spend on it than I did. I also think that challenges closer to the end of the game should receive the most playtesting/scrutiny as that is when immunity is most important.

Aside from Taskmaster and that last challenge, I thought most of the challenges were fine despite some issues like Puzzle B in that 7 puzzles challenge.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Empire »

I spent almost the entire 5 and a half hour time trying to figure out that puzzle (well, minus bathroom breaks of course). And I don't mean to imply that you guys cut me off. What I meant to say was that I started that challenge at 3 PM or so EST my time, 6 hours before the stated deadline, and I didn't set aside my entire evening to devote to the challenge because I was expecting it to take roughly the amount of time mentioned by the instructions (90 mins). I had things to do that evening so that was a large factor in my decision to end the challenge whereas it is obvious Jesus started long before I did and may have been fortunate enough to have the free time.

Aside from cutting both of us off, I am not sure that there was much you could have done but I do feel someone should have stepped in once Jesus passed the 3 hour mark. At that point it should have been obvious something was wrong. Ideally, both of us get cut off at some time around then and we move on to the tiebreaker.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Empire »

For Taskmaster, being able to buy stuff was only one issue I had. The other big issue was that the judging criteria was simply too vague. I even asked the mods to what extent the descriptions mattered, if at all, and the response I got was "however much the judges want it to matter" which was ??? Like, how am I even supposed to know what to do for this challenge if I don't even know what exactly the judges are basing their grading on?

All of the subjective challenges had this issue but I think Taskmaster was the worst offender for sure.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”