[Advanced] Survivor: Three Houses (Edelgard wins!)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

[Advanced] Survivor: Three Houses (Edelgard wins!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

Cephrir, BipolarChemist, and CaptainMeme present...

A game for 24 players reviewed by Save The Dragons and listmodded by PrivateI

The application deadline is October 26th, and the game is planned to start on Friday, the 29th, or Saturday, the 30th. We estimate that the game will end between December 12 and December 18.

There will be
no hydras

If you have any questions, we can be reached via PM or on Discord at cephrir#8821, marsh#5725, and CaptainMeme#8366.

{GENERAL RULES}

{01}
This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming or spamming.
{02}
This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.
{03}
If you think we made a moderating mistake, please point it out privately and we will fix it if needed.
{04}
We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyable for all of you. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.
{05}
Survivor: Three Houses is ANONYMOUS. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's identity. If you are talking with other people outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game (unless you put them on your do-not-cast-with list). If you are talking with other players on this forum, try not to say anything that would allow people to easily ID you. Communication outside the private message system is also forbidden unless otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.
{06}
Exercise common sense. If you're not sure if an action violates the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.
{07}
Private communication with players outside of your House or eliminated players is strictly prohibited unless otherwise specified. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.
{08}
Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums unless SPECIFICALLY STATED is illegal.
{09a}
The posting of Private Messages (whether via text (paraphrasing is fine) or via image) in a public forum or in Private Messages to other players is explicitly disallowed. You may, however, post them in your confessional. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of private messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding is not allowed. Quoting is not allowed, nor is pretending to quote. You may paraphrase, and you may quote very short snippets of up to 10 words, like you might in a real conversation. A series of such snippets is not an acceptable way to circumvent this rule.
{09b}
Don't show other players screenshots of anything in your confessional, any challenge scores, or any game information they do not already have access to. The one exception to this is that showing the image files of any items or powers you possess or are pretending to possess is allowed -- but still don't take a screenshot of your confessional to do this as that would be verifiable.
{10}
The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. The punishment for breaking the rules depends on the infraction. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.
{11}
This game takes place on mafiascum.net. All MS conduct rules still apply.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{12}
PMs are only to be used for communication within your House unless otherwise specified.

Immunity Challenges

{13}
Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at House Tribunal. Note that giving away the Immunity Necklace is allowed, but only for the first 12 hours of a House Tribunal, and once passed it cannot be passed again. If this happens, the deadline will be reset to 24 hours.
{14}
The outcomes of all Challenges are final, except in case of incorrect tallying by the mods.
{15}
We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.

House Tribunal

{16}
House Tribunals are where players are typically eliminated. Before the merge, only the losing House or Houses will visit House Tribunal, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to Tribunal, including immunity challenge winners.
{17}
House Tribunals will last 24 hours from the end of the challenge unless the mods specify otherwise. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a selfvote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization.
{18}
The results of House Tribunals will not be posted before the deadline, except during revotes after a tie. In that case, results may go up early if all votes are in.
{19}
The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the deadline expires. Please make a new post instead of modifying your existing vote, as otherwise we may miss it.
{20}
If a player has failed to vote three times, the mods may choose to eliminate that player at their discretion.
{21}
The outcomes of House Tribunals are final, except in case of incorrect tallying by the mods.

Breaking Ties

{22a}
In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote unless they specifically say otherwise, but any reward items that have already been played WILL remain in play.

{22b}
If a majority is not formed in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination. Note that this applies even if, say, a three-way tie becomes a two-way tie. In a Final 4 TC, rocks will not be drawn, and tied players will participate in a tiebreaker challenge.

Twists and Powers

{23}
Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players.
{24}
There may be items and powers in this game which can give players advantages in the game. The use of all powers should be posted in your Voting Thread, but we will accept other means of communication as well. One type of item is the Hidden Immunity Idol, which is a special item guaranteed to exist in the game. The rules for how these advantages work will come with them.
{25}
Hidden Immunity Idols can be played at House Tribunal to nullify all votes against a given player. You may give them to another player at any time. You may also play them on other players without their consent, as well as on yourself.
{26}
Conditional idol and power plays are allowed, to simulate the way it works on the show. You can play idols or powers in response to the playing of other idols or powers (not in response to votes). For example, you could write, "play my idol on myself if an idol is played on Rhea or a power takes my vote away." Note that some powers may not be possible to respond to, such as an extra vote that is not announced before the reading of the votes.
{27}
The mods will not answer hypothetical questions about any item or power which is not guaranteed to exist from your POV. That is, we will answer questions about an item or power if you have ever possessed it, or if its existence is public information (as in the case of the Idol).
{28}
You may transfer items to other players unless they specifically indicate otherwise. Ordinarily, you may transfer items only to players in your House. However, you may also transfer items to other players at a Tea Party with you. Otherwise, you may transfer an item to a player not in your House by posting in bold in a challenge thread while the challenge is ongoing, "I transfer an item to (player)." In essence, it's like you're blatantly walking up to them during the challenge and doing something suspicious where everyone can see you. You are allowed to do this and then not actually transfer an item, but it allows you to transfer an item to that player at any time until the challenge ends.

{ACCOMMODATIONS}

{28}
If you need an extension at any point in the game please inform a Moderator and we will do our best to accommodate you, no questions asked. Please inform us at the earliest possible time, but please don't abuse this rule. If the request comes in less than 2 hours before results (whether challenge or TC) we may not be able to accommodate this. Likewise, if you know you're going to be away from the game for longer than 24 hours please inform us so we can plan ahead.
{29}
If for whatever reason you cannot do a challenge please inform us and we will attempt to find a suitable alternative or stand in if we can accommodate. We ask that you contact the mods directly so that we can plan accordingly.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

Today is my scumday so you're actually legally obligated to play if you're reading this.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In case anyone's watching this space and on the fence, I want you to know that our primary goal here has been to create something fun for the players! I can't promise you'll like everything, but at no point did we set out to frustrate you, and both the game structure and challenge design are aimed to be entertaining to play. <3
Bartleby the Scrivener
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:34 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

Only a few days left :]
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Player apps are closed. You can still sign up to be a replacement or spectator!

The game will begin on Saturday, 11:50 AM Pacific (I have something at noon, so we need to start a few minutes early). We have already informed those who will not be part of the initial cast, so if you applied to play and havent heard from us, you're playing!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

The game has begun!

(PM me if you're interested in replacing or spectating.)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Game over! Thanks to everyone who played, and also my ridiculously excellent mod team who picked up a ton of slack and did a huge percentage of the work! This couldn't have happened without you <3
Bartleby the Scrivener
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Edelgard: Tell me, Petra... Who do you think I am?
Petra: Huh?
Edelgard: I will tell you. I am Edelgard von Hresvelg. And yes, I'm attempting to do what no one else can. I'm prepared to shoot two birds, or even three, with a single arrow. That is the least of the impossible things I will accomplish. If you don't need my patronage, then prove it. Show me your power. Never settle for being the bird. Be the arrow instead.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by ORAM »

Grats to Shadoweh on the win. I really don't think I was ready to play again after Wes Anderson, but I joined for the awesome theme and because they were short on players. I had fun while I was around.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Awoo »

Good game.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by ambic »

Good game!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, and here's a link to the game for anyone who wasn't in it!

https://www.mafiascum.net/social-games/ ... /index.php
Bartleby the Scrivener
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 8, Shadoweh wrote:Edelgard: Tell me, Petra... Who do you think I am?
Petra: Huh?
Edelgard: I will tell you. I am Edelgard von Hresvelg. And yes, I'm attempting to do what no one else can. I'm prepared to shoot two birds, or even three, with a single arrow. That is the least of the impossible things I will accomplish. If you don't need my patronage, then prove it. Show me your power. Never settle for being the bird. Be the arrow instead.
What you meaning of bird?

Much of congratulationingnisgings to you <3
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

what a spectacular winner!!! you make me sick!!
You Are Worth It
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Nice work, Shadow!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:32 am

Post by xofelf »

All around excellent game, that FTC was one of the best, and a well-deserved winner. Mods also did a most excellent job, I'm sure there were some flaws here and there, but nothing notable enough for any solid complaints. Well designed and well modded, good work all.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:57 am

Post by flow trap »

Amazing game UwU
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 am

Post by tris »

hi, i appear to be unable to look at the game
here's what it says
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 18, tris wrote:hi, i appear to be unable to look at the game
Try now?
Bartleby the Scrivener
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:02 am

Post by tris »

thank!
here's what it says
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:15 am

Post by T3 »

o
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

Congrats Shadow, you played a good game.

Thanks to the mods, I specifically am impressed with how coordinating the mod team was. They were able to work together quite well and you could tell they enjoyed it. They adapted quite well too when there were issues and didn't let it bog the game down. I would reference this game as a solid example of how to run and operate a survivor game in the future.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:42 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 21, T3 wrote:o
T3 from what I heard, you were hilariously chaotic, just quiet :D
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by T3 »

the playerbase here has a WAY different style to the players on the other site.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”