[Let's Scrutinize Games] Idol hunts

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:21 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

I mean in general I like the idol hints being very obvious there's something to look for and be in places people should be reading anyway. Like for pantheon we put ours in conspicuous places, changing an icon everyone would see, using the rules and just a password blocked forum work well. Since it's clear SOMETHING is different even if it isn't clear it's an idol. I think the hardest thing to balance is just making sure the same people don't just get them every time without them also not just being rng (aside from the literal random chance idol we gave out.....)

What were all the idols that were in 3 Houses, Anna's Shop, Steele Blade, Dancer and what else?
George Bailey
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:40 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Basically there was a guess who board of suspects for a crime. Everyone had a limited number of questions they could ask about the culprit and could submit 1 guess per round of who it was. Whoever guessed right got the idol, but it could also only be played the round it was claimed
George Bailey

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”