[Standard] Survivor: Adorable Critters

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

[Standard] Survivor: Adorable Critters

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by zoraster »

Deadline is May 11th at 09:00am EDT

New players and those outside the community are highly encouraged to apply.

Premise

A group of inscrutable aliens has invaded Earth and picked up 21 of the cutest animals to compete to see which is really the cutest on the planet.

Summary of Game
  • This is an
    ANONYMOUS
    game.
  • 21 Players
  • The game will use roughly half “regular” challenges and half via a “Cuteness Raffle.” See below for more information
  • There is an optional pre-game challenge called the “Know Your Rules” challenge. See below for more information.
  • It is labeled as a “Standard” game.
  • Note that while you have until May 11th to apply, your chances of being accepted are higher the earlier you apply.
  • This game will use ProductionBot. You are required to add ProductionBot onto ALL PMs with other players.
  • Spectators are welcome!
  • Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 11th at 09:00 EDT

• Please note that applying earlier improves odds of being cast.
  • Predicted Casting Announced (and Know Your Rules Quiz begins): Wednesday, May 11 at 15:00 EDT
  • Predicted Start Date: Friday, May 13th at (Player Applications will determine as we get closer)
  • Predicted End Date: Around June 18th

Spoiler: Character List
From left to right
Row 1: Human Child (does not begin on a tribe), Ermine, Gecko, Sugar Glider, Lemur
Row 2: Ferret, Rabbit, Whet Owl, Meerkat, Giant Panda
Row 3: Red Panda, Dolphin*, Harp Seal, Jerboa, Klipspringer
Row 4: Elephant Shrew, Quokka, Fennec Fox, Pika, Capybara
Row 5: Sand Cat, Slow Loris

*Note that Dolphin is just a back up character and will not be cast.

Anonymous

This game is
anonymous.
Please do not reveal that you are in this game or that you have applied to anyone else. You should keep your identity secret during the game, and you should not attempt to find out the identity of other players.

Full Rules

You can find the full rules to this game here.

Cuteness Raffle

This game will be a mixture of challenges and a custom challenge system (the “Cuteness Raffle”). A normal challenge round will work as normal: there will be a challenge with set rules and a set way for either a tribe or an individual to win, and that will give immunity to either a tribe or an individual.

The custom system is described in the full rules. It should be noted that the reason for doing this is to reduce the burden on the moderators in creating challenges. I think it’s still a fun system, but by signing up for this game, you agree to this. You may or may not like the system, but please understand that without it, the game is unlikely to get run.

That said, I am personally pretty excited about the pre-merge challenges we do have, which are very “team” oriented.

Know Your Rules Challenge and the Human Child

In the sign up form, each player may optionally choose to participate in the “Know Your Rules Challenge.” It is a quiz that asks questions on both the general and game specific rules.

If you decide to participate, before the game begins you will get access to a “start” form that will start the timer and give you access to another form via a link that has questions about the rules.

The winner is the person who (a) answers at least 80% of the questions correctly and (b) answers the most questions correctly. In the event of a tie, the player who answers the questions quickest wins. This player will be the
Human Child
character. If you don’t want to be the Human Child, don’t participate in this challenge!

The winner will
not
initially be placed onto a tribe for the first Immunity Challenge. Instead, they may message any other player in the game. When the first immunity challenge is over, the winner of the KYR challenge will join the loser of the first immunity challenge for tribal council. However, they may not be voted off at this council.

Thus, the winner of the KYR challenge has two significant advantages:
  1. They will have the ability to make connections early in the game for a brief period of time.
  2. They will not be available to be voted out in the first tribal council.
In the event no one answers at least 80% of the questions correctly, one player who entered the KYR challenge will be randomly selected. But instead of the above, they will
not
be able to converse with any player before the end of the first immunity challenge and they
will
be eligible to be voted out. This player will be the Human Child.

In the event no one enters this challenge, one tribe will start with an extra player.

You may ask the moderator questions about the rules via Discord (Zoraster#9525) or PM until you start your challenge.

DEADLINE: May 11th at 09:00am EDT

Note: Earlier applications are slightly more likely to be cast.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by zoraster »

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me or DM me via Discord at Zoraster#9525. I've been fairly busy so it might take me a moment to get back to you, but I hope you'll consider applying!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by xofelf »

This game has been classified as
Standard
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2022 7:16 am

Post by zoraster »

As a way of bumping (get your applications in!) a few clarifications that have come up:

1. The final immunity challenge is, as the rules state, a quiz about the game. Most questions will be public information that can be looked up. A few questions will benefit those who keep their ears to the ground about what happened during the game, but these won't be questions that would be all that likely to be hidden from other players unless a concerted effort is made. And the smallest category of questions will be something that is unknowable by any individual player (e.g. "How many Cute Points were spent looking for pre-merge idols?"). There will be no questions that are very likely to only be known by one player (for example, we're unlikely to have a question such as "On what day was the Aviary Tribe's idol found?" because that's a question that may only be known by the person who found it). I believe all will be multiple choice.

2. Every new pre-merge tribe has a single idol hidden at any given time (unless it's been found). Once that tribe ends, that idol will no longer be findable, but in the case of a pre-merge swap, a new idol will be hidden for the new tribe. Therefore, there is only ever one pre-merge idol that you can search for or find at a time.

--

I'm very excited about the cast we have shaping up, but we do need more players! If you're at all thinking about it, I encourage you to apply!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by zoraster »

It's the weekend bump! Make sure to get your applications in. The deadline is in the morning of May 11th, so you really only have until Tuesday. Today would be a good day to apply!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2022 2:37 am

Post by zoraster »

Last day to submit your applications (due at 9am EDT tomorrow).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 3:20 am

Post by zoraster »

Applications for players are closed! If for some reason you're reading this and say "oh shoot! I meant to get mine in" send me a quick PM or Discord DM that you're sending one in. Otherwise, we're going to work on casting.

Spectators may continue to apply, of course!

Later today, we'll be sending out initial "hey you're in the game" PMs as well as Spectator PMs. This is when those who selected that they're interested in the Know Your Rules Challenge will get access to the quiz. The deadline for that quiz will be
6pm EDT tomorrow, Thursday May 12th
. If you're not taking the challenge, don't worry about this deadline.

Generally speaking, this game will use deadlines in the 6-8pm EDT range as these are by far the most available hours for the players who signed up.

The game start will be
Friday, May 13th at 4pm EDT.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2022 7:37 am

Post by zoraster »

PMs for players, alternates and spectators should all be out now. Players won't know their character IDs just yet (the KYR challenge has to finish first).

If you applied and have not received a PM, let me know ASAP.

Anyone who wishes to Spectate may still do so!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 9:11 am

Post by zoraster »

The game has begun! We're still taking spectators, so feel free to apply for that and I'll get you set up.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by zoraster »

Proboards appears to be having an outage. The deadline for Stage 1 of the Super Maze Maker challenge will shift at least 1 hour (to 9pm EDT) if not further depending on how long this outage lasts.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by zoraster »

We have three very adorable critters in the Finals of this game. We have a very active Spectator Discord that has the hard work of a number of people with summaries of the game that would make it a relative sinch to catch up on. If you're interested in joining to watch the opening statements, questions, etc. please don't hesitate to contact me.

Otherwise, anyone who is interested in watching the Finale LIVE can join us on the Mafiascum Discord at
7pm EDT on June 20th
! It'll be a great time, and any three of these animals is very deserving of the win.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by zoraster »

Congratulations to Klick who played Dolphin and won 5-3!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:52 am

Post by tris »

aha! at least my successor won!