Survivor: MLS GAME OVER!!! (Congrats Montreal!)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
hiplop
Best Social Game

Pronoun: He

Post Post #150  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm

In post 149, UpTooLate wrote:Oh look I agree with hiplop on something. :P

thats not your gimmick
third best scummer of all time

UpTooLate
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #151  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm

In post 150, hiplop wrote:
In post 149, UpTooLate wrote:Oh look I agree with hiplop on something. :P

thats not your gimmick

Not a gimmick when it's the truth
How can we make the Newbie Queue/Newbie Games a better place? Let me know!
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #152  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:56 pm

#Kilbyopinions

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #153  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Also yes Shaco's speech was amazing.

Cheery Dog
Kayak

Post Post #154  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 pm

I didn't like it
Life is always what it seems.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #155  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Well it's too bad your opinion didn't matter.

MattP
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #156  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 am

Shacos speech wasn't good you just already liked him so you liked the speech. To people who felt shaco didn't do anything which was his major critique it was a bad move. he didn't get 4/8 votes and was one amumu vote away from losing which isn't saying much about precision when mumu was a wild card. Pls don't make that the meta tyia

(Yeah blablabla I'm now happy shaco won bc he was a beautiful soul and I like it looking back but you conf bias all the actions of the ppl you already like to be positive kween ur a cog in the machinery of social psych 101 don't let the hypnotoad get you lulus ftc performance was distant and cold none of the finalists that game gave stellar ftc performances)
SlappyKrust

hiplop
Best Social Game

Post Post #157  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 am

In post 156, MattP wrote:Shacos speech wasn't good you just already liked him so you liked the speech. To people who felt shaco didn't do anything which was his major critique it was a bad move. he didn't get 4/8 votes and was one amumu vote away from losing which isn't saying much about precision when mumu was a wild card. Pls don't make that the meta tyia

(Yeah blablabla I'm now happy shaco won bc he was a beautiful soul and I like it looking back but you conf bias all the actions of the ppl you already like to be positive kween ur a cog in the machinery of social psych 101 don't let the hypnotoad get you lulus ftc performance was distant and cold none of the finalists that game gave stellar ftc performances)

ya this

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #158  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:39 am

He knew he already had those 4 votes and played well not to lose them, but Amumu being a fucko and casting the only vote for Garen played a huge part there
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12
"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy
"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety
"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #159  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 am

In post 158, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:He knew he already had those 4 votes and played well not to lose them, but Amumu being a fucko and casting the only vote for Garen played a huge part there

Basically this.

Shaco's speech was amazing because it was in line with his character and put him in a position to secure Malphite's vote during questioning. Most of the time and for most players, that's not a good speech, but understanding context is important.

Which is honestly something most MS finalists suck at as they write novels that nobody wants to read.

mallowgeno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:14 am

Did someone link the MLS forum yet and I missed it or has it not been posted yet?

Aronis
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 am

In post 160, mallowgeno wrote:Did someone link the MLS forum yet and I missed it or has it not been posted yet?

idk if anybody posted it yet or not, so here it is:
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Survivor_MLS/index/
"Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=76252

mallowgeno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks!

hiplop
Best Social Game

Post Post #163  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:27 am

obligatory I think both my speeches really helped, etc

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 am

I think Montreal's speech, especially compared to Seattle's speech, helped make it unanimous, but I think Montreal probably wins as long as they weren't actively terrible. They definitely were more favored going in, though I think Seattle had a couple likely votes like Portland that they lost.

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:57 am

Also paragraph breaks are your friend guys. That's the biggest problem I have with the part of the speech that Vijarada quoted. Also wordiness without saying more than could have been conveyed in fewer words. Debtor's quote arrives somewhere, it does feel like people are making long speeches out of obligation rather than because their game needs that many words.

Malkon05
Watcher

Post Post #166  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:58 pm

I think my issue with closing statements lately is that there aren't enough gay euphemisms in them.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #167  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Seattle had at least five people leaning his way when FTC started according to confessionals. NYCFC had a great confessional actually, he kept posting there instead of jury threads which is dawh. (make him play again) The cheating was a silver bullet, if he hadn't done that Seattle could have won because people liked him better as a person. You can't be the feelgood choice with that hanging over your head. It's hard to say though. Hiplop really killed it from the start.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
Plan B: it serves you right if i (hug) you in the face though, right?
I love it when people talk about my brutal murder in front of me, it's actually my secret fetish - Sangmin

Cheery Dog
Kayak

Post Post #168  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Hiplop covered all the angles i had wanted to attack Montreal on in the opening speech.
I'm not sure if it was then i read Seattle's saw the cheating and it wiped mind from the good playing I had seen from Seattle though.
Life is always what it seems.

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:23 pm

5 people would have been enough for Seattle to win right? That's pretty wild. Who would have been the five votes? I felt like I was always leaning Montreal, but he could have lost me.

But yeah, the cheating thing was really the end of whatever chance Seattle had.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #170  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas, NYCFC, DC and the Portland Timbres all started off leaning in Seattle's direction. NYRB probably would have started that way if not for the Thing as well. You and Columbus were leaning pretty hard in Monty's direction. Houston didn't seem to have a preference at first. Toronto was absent lol.

I think Montreal would have won over enough votes to win just on the strength of performance and saying what people wanted to hear.
I love it when people talk about my brutal murder in front of me, it's actually my secret fetish - Sangmin

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #171  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Yeah this is probs a bad game to say opening speeches are useless bc the ftc here 100% changed the outcome.

MattP
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #172  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

the finalists should have to write one 500 word statement where they each take turns adding one word to it at a time
SlappyKrust

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #173  (ISO)  » Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Hey, I'm doing the wiki entry for this game and I don't know what exact calculations y'all used for team scores. If one of you kind benevolent mods could post them it'd be appreciated. KingdomAces didn't finish his team score list in the spec forum.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #174  (ISO)  » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Ugh that's a lot of effort.

I'll get everything to you over the weekend (full rosters + scores)

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Large Social Games