Survivor: MLS GAME OVER!!! (Congrats Montreal!)

Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I reccomend not talking to people not doing your assignments and having your life ruined all because of internet reality show simulations
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Xalxe approached me because Houston was worried I was breaking ID rules. I was like no, Montreal is obviously not nice enough to actually be Monty
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by hiplop »

I didnt make nearly enough #bigmovez
third best scummer of all time
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm not gonna lie the fact that you kept calling Montreal Monty kept fucking with me.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 111, Skelda wrote:
In post 109, MattP wrote:
In post 107, Skelda wrote:I'm sorry for leaking your idol Cheery Dog! It messed up my game too, but that doesn't make it any better. :( I need to stop with that.
i put my faith in u and u failed me
Oh yeah, thanks so much for that babe. <3 I really appreciated it.

Really we should blame Aronis for being so charming though. ;) And for not keeping it to himself like he told me he would, but whatever.
I'm pretty sure you told me you weren't going to leak it as well
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 126, Shadoweh wrote:Xalxe approached me because Houston was worried I was breaking ID rules. I was like no, Montreal is obviously not nice enough to actually be Monty
Crying rn.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am

Post by BROseidon »

Oh yeah I think from now on I'm going to ID players as people "in the style of" X in order to get around ID issues. For example:

"This is a player in the style of Kilby."
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am

Post by BROseidon »

I should say it's not so much to get around as much as to emphasize that the categorization is based on perceived playstyle over who the person actually is, which is the thing that matters.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 131, BROseidon wrote:Oh yeah I think from now on I'm going to ID players as people "in the style of" X in order to get around ID issues. For example:

i can get loud too
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 45, Vijarada wrote:
In post 43, Skelda wrote:Hahaha, I don't care if your life was a lie or whatever. I honestly thought it probably was. My life was genuine though. I think you rock too.
it was because you talk about the same things. every game.

NYCFC: TWIE
Toronto:wgeurts
DC: D3f
You: Skelda
Kc: Cheery Dog
Houston: ARONIS!!!!!
Portland: Shadoweh
NYRB: UTL
Columbus: PEG
RSL: Snakes
Seattle: m_v gimmick (blair)
Montreal: Hiplop.

premerge i know that san jose was adorabebs and philly was drench.
Since I just looked at this for Crazy:

la galaxy = Radja
Dallas = Monty
colorado = mattyp
Orlando City = MariaR
New England Revolution = Desperado
Chicago Fire = upchuckles
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 133, hiplop wrote:
In post 131, BROseidon wrote:Oh yeah I think from now on I'm going to ID players as people "in the style of" X in order to get around ID issues. For example:

i can get loud too
u wot m8???
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 132, BROseidon wrote:I should say it's not so much to get around as much as to emphasize that the categorization is based on perceived playstyle over who the person actually is, which is the thing that matters.
I mean it's not like anyone would do anything about it anyway
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Accra Hearts of Oak SC,(time=1489458059) wrote:We're too busy talking about the meta.

Compare all your tribemates to household objects.
New York - Microwave. Everyone loves the food that comes out of it, but when you think to yourself afterwards...it feels like theres some artificial flavours
Vancouver - Welcome Mat. People step all over it, but have positive feelings
Real Salt Lake - A family heirloom. Everyone looks up and marvels at it, but doesn't seem actually interested in playing with it.
Houston - television. Can't help but be sucked in, but are conciously aware it is a waste of time for you. Could be doing more productive things
Portland - A mirror. Playing all sides
Seattle - A puppy. Super excitable, stubborn. Wants to poo wherever it wants, backstab whoever it wants on its own time. Not flexibile, but will let anyone pet and love it.
DC - Toilet. No explanation needed.
Columbus - Idk...a soundboard? A bop it? Yells hilarious things but has no actual value
Kansas City - Something you find when you're cleaning your room and are like "wow, i forgot about this". And then proceed to never look at again
This quote makes me feel better about having hiplop win.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Ayy I'm necessary!
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I think there was discussion about really long speeches? I think that's the fault of Fenrir's 5300 word mammoth. I mean, his opponent apologized for the length of her 1300 word speech. And he of course won that game and the speech was very good and very readable. And then next game both finalists said in their confessional "oh this speech is gonna be about as long as Fenrir's". I mean, his speech was great.
Boom. Tonks votes herself, just enough to send her home.

What the hell was going on? I never thought in a million years Tonks was going to vote herself. I yelled at Neville, I questioned Figg. Who flipped? Who flipped? Who betrayed me? Who lied to my face, who broke my heart, who sent my friend away?

Neville presented the results of a foe glass: Tonks voted herself. Bullshit, I thought. Neville must have forged the result of the foe glass in that PM to me. I bought my own damn foe glass and found out the people who voted Tonks were: Hagrid, Peeves, Luna…and Tonks.

I don’t know if I knew it before, but I realized then that I had entirely built my game around her. I wanted us in the final two. To me, we were a partnership. We discussed our vote, we made our plans, we trusted each other, and we communicated with the players that we ourselves had poor connections with. Throughout this game I have had many close friends and a good allies, but I just could not trust them as much as I could trust Tonks.
I mean, that flows really well right? While a speech like Montreal's...
This next round, as I have teased earlier, was my big push to get rid of Salt Lake. I was hoping Portland would be the one who lived so that this would be an easier sell. Unfortunately, New York was not someone who was willing to pull that trigger. From early in the game, I identified New York as someone I could hide behind. They were a player who was extremely emotional, and wasn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. They were overplaying. It was easy enough to talk through a plan with them “secretly”, and find out that suddenly other people were thinking the same thing! New York spread information like crazy, and had complex relationships with everyone in the entire game. This was obvious to me, and whenever possible I used this to my advantage. I always knew that if down the line someone was going to come for me and New York, they were more likely to go for the “big player” in New York. Along the way, I genuinely began to like New York. I wanted to bundle as close to them as possible to use them as a shield. New York is lovely, and I genuinely enjoyed their company, but they are also a deeply emotional player who was never once afraid to overplay. This showed itself time after time in the premerge (where play like that can’t backfire because of an inability to REMOVE people from the game). I knew I had to use New York to my advantage in the post merge. Portland showed themselves to be able to separate their emotions from their game more than New York could do. That is why I wanted to keep Portland over New York. This was evidenced by the fact that New York spent the final 5 pushing my name, while “promising me” that wasn’t the case. I really, really wanted to take out Salt Lake here, and I have a feeling if New York hadn’t been given that idol, Salt lake would have left here. Unfortunately, it was impossible. Seattle/Salt lake were too close, and New York wasn’t budging. New York was more willing to die than vote out Salt Lake. I refused to settle and kept my vote on Salt Lake. I wanted to demonstrate I wasn’t afraid to make a stand against Salt Lake, so I kept my vote there. In addition, I had promised New York I wouldn’t vote for them, so I didn’t.. I genuinely tried to keep them safe, but theres only so much I was able to do. Either way, it didn’t particularly matter who went. I intended to cut one of Salty/NewYork here, and the other before finale. I think cutting salt lake was safer, but it ended up working out anyway. My plan was now to try my hardest to cut Salt Lake before finale night. It worked out, but this round had the highest chance of going wrong. Thankfully it didn’t and I was able to get to FTC without Salt Lake.
hmmmmm. and that speech is 2000 words shorter than fenrir's, too. No offense to Montreal, it's not a particularly egregious example. But I feel like speeches could improve a bit, you know what I'm sayin?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Learning how to communicate effectively in a way that isn't writing novels is generally a useful skill.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Vijarada »

personally i can't communicate effectively with or without novelization but yeah.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

I can't get through wall posts like that. My brain overloads. I'd rather people give a quick rundown on why they should win, and let people ask questions to find out what they actually want/care to know. Then, if you feel like something important was left unsaid, make sure to include it in your closing speech.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by hiplop »

i hated writing that but the current meta is absolutely giant fucking walls and without seeing my opposition's speech, it would be unwise to put out something significantly shorter.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Vijarada »

i don't think anyone likes that meta tho.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Vijarada »

i think it's just because fen wrote a great 5000 word speech and then in the next game people wrote that long because it worked for him and then it was like "oh well in the past games people wrote giant speeches telling everything"
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Let's change the meta!
Get to know me!
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by hiplop »

spookz had a word limit

I recommend all games do that
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

But we already changed the meta!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Oh look I agree with hiplop on something. :P
Get to know me!

Return to “Social Game Archive”