Changing the Game...

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Changing the Game...

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Tonight is a very special night, Large Social Game fans, because depending on your time zone Survivor: Game Changers is airing or has already aired on CBS. To celebrate, xofelf and I have decided to do a little bit of Game Changing™ of our own!

The first order of business is you will notice that we have a shiny new Queue thread. But we also have a separate thread for planning upcoming games. Our goal here is to create a clearer picture of what games are up next and when they will be ran.

Second, there are a few new policies we are enacting to help make sure that Large Social Games on this site remain at the high standard we have grown to know and love. Specifically, moderating teams are now required to have at least three people barring unusual circumstances, and every game must be reviewed before it goes into signups. Further details can be found in the Queue thread.

One duty that xofelf and I will be taking on is the role of the Assigned List Moderator. Every game will have one of us assigned as the Listmod contact for that game. We are not there to co-mod the game, but we will be available to address concerns that go beyond the scope of individual game rules. If there is a problem that breaks MS rules, moderators, spectators, and players are all encouraged to bring it to our attention and we will assist the game moderators in resolving the issue.

A Note On Conduct

A lot of Large Social Games take place off-site. However, these Zetaboards or Invisionfrees or what have you are considered exclaves of Mafiascum proper. All MS site rules still apply, and the Large Social Game moderators have the ability to enforce those rules just as any Mafia Listmod, Discussion Mod, or Sitechat Mod.

A few things specific to this forum that xofelf and I will be sanctioning players and moderators for include:
  • Talking about ongoing games outside of the designated places to discuss those games.
    If you are voted out, and your friend you IDed was voted out, keep your discussions to the game forum. If you are moderating a game, do not reveal information about the game to eliminated players or third parties.
  • Cheating.
    Cheating in a challenge or by communicating with people you are not supposed to be communicating with are bannable offenses. Full stop.
  • Personal Attacks
    . Large Social Games are large commitments that result in strong emotional attachments for players, moderators, and spectators alike. It is acceptable, and even expected, for emotions to run high at various points in the game. However, please make sure that you direct your emotions towards the characters and not the users behind the characters. The general rule here is, “If I said this to a player in a Mafia game, would I be punished for it?” If the answer is yes, then you will also be punished for it here.
If you as a player, moderator, or spectator see any of these issues occurring, please use the report function. We are going to be watching the games, but having an official report makes it significantly easier for us to do our jobs.

So what’s next for this forum? We are currently in the process of compiling a Resource thread containing useful tools for players and moderators. Some of these include forum-building guides, a compilation of challenges used in the past, and links to old games and relevant pages on the MS Wiki. We are also assisting UpTooLate and Kittymo on a task force for revamp the Mish Mash portion of the MS Wiki and make it both more user-friendly and up-to-date. We are also moving relevant threads from Mish Mash and the Sens-O-Tape archive to our own forum. There may be some other projects in the works, but you’ll find out about them later.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to share them here or contact xofelf or myself. We are excited about this new era of Large Social Games, and we look forward to working with the community to make this the best darn subforum of the site that we can possibly be.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:18 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Forum building guides would be great! I know Ani helped me a lot with my first game with Q's. This is a good idea though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

"If you are moderating a game, do not reveal information about the game to eliminated players or third parties."

So then eliminated players can't become specs then
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 am

Post by xofelf »

Yes, they can. It's more so mods talking to people who are not spectating and giving them information they shouldn't have. Eliminated players should not be allowed to interact with the living, however.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 am

Post by McMenno »

r.end b.lackhand r.obbes g.odess
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:56 am

Post by wgeurts »

Send me a message if you need a second wiki-SysOp on your side, I had plans to fix up mish-mash already :]
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 5, wgeurts wrote:Send me a message if you need a second wiki-SysOp on your side, I had plans to fix up mish-mash already :]
We have a skype chat rather than a PT for the Mish Mash Wiki coalition since that's a more comfy medium for most active Mish Mash users, so if you have Skype and want in on that, let me know. If not I can definitely keep you and anyone else interested posted.

Pablito brought up trying to improve categorization/interpage navigation, which is definitely something you'd be an asset for once there's more content for the Mish Mash section of the wiki in general.

Also, if you could quickly draw up a template that would be used on the top of all Large Social Game pages (e.g. Survivor: Medevac Island that has in some order the Game Title, MS thread Link, Zetaboards forum link, Anonymous or Non-Anonymous, Mods, # of players, and Winner) that would be cool cuz I'm really rusty with making those but I think that'd be useful <_<
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Klick »

Nice work, keep it up guys!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”