Worst Twist Ideas

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Pronoun: She

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:16 pm

That's not a bad game idea actually! It just wouldn't be a Survivor game.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
Plan B: it serves you right if i (hug) you in the face though, right?
I love it when people talk about my brutal murder in front of me, it's actually my secret fetish - Sangmin

Cheery Dog
Kayak

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:38 pm

Oh good, then I'm allowed to be first boot because i don't understand escape rooms
Life is always what it seems.

Iprobablysuck
Townie

Pronoun: He

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Ah don't worry, there's a thousand walkthroughs and no way to stop people from using em'
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:17 pm

In post 72, Drench wrote:i'm sure there's some add on out there that could do it tbh

i mean you could just use quicktopics. they don't have the live chatting "feel" of chatzies and could all be made visible to the moderator.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 pm

In post 73, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 72, Drench wrote:i'm sure there's some add on out there that could do it tbh

I mean, it's certainly doable, but it would mean absolute disaster for people that can't or don't wall since that's likely what people will have to do.

By word count.

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Definitely by word count
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12
"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy
"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety
"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:30 pm

it'd be fun for someone crazy good to self-restrict themselves to two-liners for a whole game.

Cheery Dog
Kayak

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:32 pm

How am I meant to play if i can't attempt to double the length of every message I receive?

YOu mean I actually need to read my own shit? Rude
Life is always what it seems.

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 pm

I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work because the PMing dynamic doesn't really exist on the show and if you are talking to someone for hours everyone knows about it, I'm just not sure how it would work. If you just eliminated PMing without replacing it that would be a massively sucky twist.

And McMenno, a tribe of Skelda clones vs a tribe of McMenno clones is a twist that I like, you know how much I enjoy voting you out. ;) And at least that way we both get to make merge (unless one of our clones make up the entire prejury, lol). Let's be real, I could easily lose all of the challenges in that spot.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #84  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:36 pm

In post 83, Skelda wrote:I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work

It would probably look like this
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
Plan B: it serves you right if i (hug) you in the face though, right?
I love it when people talk about my brutal murder in front of me, it's actually my secret fetish - Sangmin

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #85  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:45 pm

In post 83, Skelda wrote:I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work because the PMing dynamic doesn't really exist on the show and if you are talking to someone for hours everyone knows about it, I'm just not sure how it would work. If you just eliminated PMing without replacing it that would be a massively sucky twist.

I was thinking of a game where at the end of each day, everyone's PM counts were publicly posted.

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #86  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 pm

In post 85, BROseidon wrote:
In post 83, Skelda wrote:I've been wondering about how a game without PMing would work because the PMing dynamic doesn't really exist on the show and if you are talking to someone for hours everyone knows about it, I'm just not sure how it would work. If you just eliminated PMing without replacing it that would be a massively sucky twist.

I was thinking of a game where at the end of each day, everyone's PM counts were publicly posted.

I think that'd be cool if it was the number of words exchanged by each combination of players. You'd ofc have to prohibit people from typing a bunch of words in an image in MS paint and posting that instead, and any other workarounds
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

hiplop
Jury Darling

Post Post #87  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Guys Naruto is already addressing this
third best scummer of all time

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

In post 86, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 85, BROseidon wrote:

I think that'd be cool if it was the number of words exchanged by each combination of players. You'd ofc have to prohibit people from typing a bunch of words in an image in MS paint and posting that instead, and any other workarounds

I guess I like that? I mean I'm pretty verbose so I probably would hate it as a player, but I like the idea. It would also be nice if group conversations worked somehow, Medevac kind of tried that but it still didn't recreate the dynamic of people strategizing just because they happened to be in the right place at the right time. That's really tough to translate though.

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #89  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:03 am

Survivor: ASMR

every challenge involves listening to an ASMR video and answering questions about it
idol clues are hidden in super-long ASMR videos
everyone plays as different sounds

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #90  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 am

In post 68, Vijarada wrote:wait why do i have edit access to everyone's posts in this thread? i assume it's so mods can edit posts in mish mash, but that shouldn't be allowed here because game playing doesn't occur here at all, this is more like a discussion forum.

Not yet, but games may occur in here. This is where non-anons on site would take place for that matter.

Bad idea: Survivor: Identity Hunt
You receive an immunity idol for each player you correctly ID, but lose an idol for everytime that someone correctly IDs you. You receive a vote nullifier for every time you're mentioned by name in someone else's confessional. Maximum of 3 nullifiers used per round per player.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Xof has a new place for you to ask her questions. Do it upppp

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #91  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:53 am

what were you thinking xii: you're allowed to discuss answers edition.

mallowgeno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 am

In post 31, Xalxe wrote:In our defense: viewtopic.php?p=2670283#p2670283

In my defense that was when I was a newer mod and that was supposed to be a trolly survivor game anyway (I mean look at the roles). That reminded me of that Survivor with Spyro though (was it kingdom Clash?)

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #93  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:49 am

No that's Destiny Islands which we were just talking about.

Kingdom Clash was both not Survivor and amazing (RIP kloud in our hearts 5ever)
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 am

And McMenno, a tribe of Skelda clones vs a tribe of McMenno clones is a twist that I like, you know how much I enjoy voting you out. ;) And at least that way we both get to make merge (unless one of our clones make up the entire prejury, lol). Let's be real, I could easily lose all of the challenges in that spot.

this is kind of the main mechanic behind zor's game im helping him design
get to know a reckoner

#EmeraldProud

mallowgeno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:15 am

In post 93, Xalxe wrote:No that's Destiny Islands which we were just talking about.

Kingdom Clash was both not Survivor and amazing (RIP kloud in our hearts 5ever)

Gotcha thanks!

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #96  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am

Everyone is placed in a secret pair at the start of the game with someone on the opposite tribe, and if you make it to the end with your secret partner you have the opportunity to win as a pair. However, you're not allowed to discuss your secret pair with anyone or speculate as to who else may be in a secret pair.

animorpherv1
Honey Trap

Post Post #97  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 am

In post 93, Xalxe wrote:(RIP kloud in our hearts 5ever)

Quick someone steal him from disney.

EDIT: I just saw the post above me. More reasons for me to just fuck off, i guess!
I'm a jack of all trades and a master of one. I may not be the best but I can still whoop ass.

Get to know an ani!

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #98  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 96, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Everyone is placed in a secret pair at the start of the game with someone on the opposite tribe, and if you make it to the end with your secret partner you have the opportunity to win as a pair. However, you're not allowed to discuss your secret pair with anyone or speculate as to who else may be in a secret pair.

that was a perfectly fine twist, why you hating
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

KingdomAces
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Yeah, that was fine. Also, I thought we weren't being negative about past games anymore.
Never be sorry for your little time.
It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Large Social Games