Page 5 of 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm
by CuddlyCaucasian
we are not allowed to poke fun at people in this thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:02 pm
by xRECKONERx
twist probably was ok if people could discuss/speculate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm
by CuddlyCaucasian
^ that was my biggest problem with it, besides it being in two games with barely any time in between

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 pm
by hiplop
ya any twists thats like "oh ya you cant talk about it" means its probably flawed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:17 pm
by MattP
In post 103, hiplop wrote:ya any twists thats like "oh ya you cant talk about it" means its probably flawed

haha yeah, i was thinking of running a game with a "no talking abt ID guesses and what they mean to you in your confessional" but then same

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:20 pm
by MattP
Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:23 pm
by Xalxe
In post 104, MattP wrote:
In post 103, hiplop wrote:ya any twists thats like "oh ya you cant talk about it" means its probably flawed

haha yeah, i was thinking of running a game with a "no talking abt ID guesses and what they mean to you in your confessional" but then same


Remind me why this isn't a rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm
by D3f3nd3r
In post 96, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Everyone is placed in a secret pair at the start of the game with someone on the opposite tribe, and if you make it to the end with your secret partner you have the opportunity to win as a pair. However, you're not allowed to discuss your secret pair with anyone or speculate as to who else may be in a secret pair.

The issue with this is that especially in LoL you were left with people so obviously hinting at other pairs that they would get known easily. You were also left with people wanting to get others out for pair-related reasons but not being able to state those reasons.

Was the idea poorly executed? Yeah. But nobody knew that beforehand. It wasn't really brought up (nor did it seem to be occurring) in Eon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:34 pm
by xRECKONERx
i think the main problem with LoL was that we all knew the pairs were from separate starting tribes so it heavily encouraged a pagong strategy to eliminate all pairs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm
by CuddlyCaucasian
I think the reason it wasn't a problem in Eon was because the pairs were kept on separate tribes until the final 14, which is 10 boots into the game. Pairs were placed on the same tribe as early as F18 in LoL, which was after only 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:24 pm
by Vijarada
In post 106, Xalxe wrote:
In post 104, MattP wrote:
In post 103, hiplop wrote:ya any twists thats like "oh ya you cant talk about it" means its probably flawed

haha yeah, i was thinking of running a game with a "no talking abt ID guesses and what they mean to you in your confessional" but then same


Remind me why this isn't a rule


ID guesses are a thing anyway. Like if you think "OMG this Porunga person...is definitely drench" banning it being typed in confessional for people to laugh at you changes nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm
by hiplop
the real question is why would it ever be a rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 pm
by D3f3nd3r
In post 106, Xalxe wrote:
In post 104, MattP wrote:
In post 103, hiplop wrote:ya any twists thats like "oh ya you cant talk about it" means its probably flawed

haha yeah, i was thinking of running a game with a "no talking abt ID guesses and what they mean to you in your confessional" but then same


Remind me why this isn't a rule

Because you can think things without confessionalizing them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm
by MattP
and if you think them, please confessionalize them for our entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 pm
by xofelf
Survivor: 1984. Where Thoughtcrime actually IS punishable by the rules!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 pm
by Klick
In post 96, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Everyone is placed in a secret pair at the start of the game with someone on the opposite tribe, and if you make it to the end with your secret partner you have the opportunity to win as a pair. However, you're not allowed to discuss your secret pair with anyone or speculate as to who else may be in a secret pair.

dead memes dead dreams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm
by randomidget
In post 114, xofelf wrote:Survivor: 1984. Where Thoughtcrime actually IS punishable by the rules!

Survivor: Accountant

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 pm
by PrivateI
Every twist in Skype-vivor, basically.