The Challenge: The Void (Congratulations Cephrir!)

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:58 am

Post by pablito »

{ROUND 05 TEAMS}

{Gold Team}

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

{Chevre, D3f3nd3r, DrumBeats}
{Fluminator, Ghug, Gimmick}
{McMenno, MGD, Vashta}

{Purple Team}

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

{Cephrir, Kublai, Meme}
{PrivateI, Racefan, Radja}
{TWIE, Xalxe, Zoraster}
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:06 am

Post by pablito »

{Mission 05}

The Missing Link

Johnny Bananas is quite the adventurer and quite the classic representative of the Challenge. Obviously he must be the missing link in evolution, because one - that forehead, two - that arrogance, three - eats bananas. But one thing that Johnny Bananas does not do so well is puzzles. So now that we've found the way out of that abandoned space station, we have to piece together the broken panel and find the missing pieces to complete the puzzle. Lucky for both teams, you should've learned to expect tangrams to show up in a challenge, because how many final missions on the tv show have featured this type of puzzle? Tangrams is a puzzle that features 7 shapes that can be manipulated to fit within a larger outline. However, these tangrams will be a little different.

Within
24 hours
your teams must be split into 3 duos, plus a final group of 3 players. The 3 duos will participate in
part 1
of the challenge and the final trio will participate in
part 2
of the challenge. It is advised that you split teams into pairs that have similar online availability. When a pair/trio participates in this challenge, the group will be given a link to a Google Drawing. If you are not familiar with this program, feel free to test it out in advance at https://docs.google.com/drawings/. You will only be required to know how to manipulate shapes by moving and rotating. Rudimentary instructions can also be found at the bottom of this page.
Please note that the colored outlines shown for the target tangram are not drawn to scale.

Part 1

Duo 1 - Red and Green - 2 players
Duo 2 - Orange and Purple - 2 players
Duo 3 - Blue and Yellow - 2 players

Part 2

Trio - 6 missing pieces are used - 1 of each color.

For
part 1
of the challenge, each of the 3 duos will be given 2 tangrams to solve. A duo must be online simultaneously to compete. Duos should work together to work on their set of 2 tangrams. Normally in a tangram puzzle, there will be 7 pieces used to complete the outline. However, in each set of these tangrams, one of the 7 pieces will be missing. The same style of piece will be missing for each tangram in the duo. To complete part 1, the duo in each group must successfully arrange the tangrams to match the solution, as well as identify the missing piece tangram and place it within the "missing piece" box in the google drawing. Within your duo, this piece should be identical in shape and size. To submit your entry, you may either take a screencap of your google drawing, or may alert a mod to view your solution. You must notify the mod to stop your time either way. Once all 3 duos have completed part 1 successfully, the trio in part 2 may then initiate their portion of the challenge. Only the slowest duo's time will be counted in your team's overall score. This time will be added to the time in part 2 of the challenge.

In
part 2
of the challenge, the final trio will start after all 3 duos have completed their portion. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that your team has scheduled your duos well enough so that you have enough time to complete part 2. The final trio during part 2 must use the 6 missing pieces from part 1 (2 missing pieces from each duo from part 1), to solve one final tangram. The trio will be given a full set of each of the six colors to start. The final trio must use the correct color of the missing pieces in the final tangram as communicated by their teammates. The trio's final time will be added to the slowest duo's time in part 1 to create the team's overall time. The fastest overall team time will win the challenge and the losing team will be headed to the Black Hole voting ceremony, where from now on
only TWO players will be voted into the Black Hole
. The entire challenge must be completed within
48 hours
. As per usual, no outside resources allowed.

Spoiler: Google Drawing Help
You should only need to use the arrow tool the entire time. For the duos, you should see the colored outlines at the top of the page with two "missing piece" squares on both sides. Below you should see two squares with all of the 7 tangram pieces. If you click on one of the individual pieces, you should see an outline with blue squares at the vertices and sides of the shape. On one of the blue squares, there should be a circle and line jutting out. If you click on the blue circle jutting out of the line, the arrow will turn into a "+". If you click on the blue circle and drag it, it will rotate the piece. If you click the shift button before you drag the blue circle, it will only rotate the piece along 15 degree intervals, the new rotated shape outline will show. Once you let go of the mouse button, it will have rotated the shape.

By clicking the middle and dragging a shape, it will move the piece around, when you are still holding the mouse button, red lines may appear to show you alignment to other reference points in the overall drawing. This may help you align the shape better.

To finish the puzzle, you must drag the unused piece to the square that says "missing piece", the remainder of the pieces must all be used to create the outline. You will only need to move or rotate pieces to fill the outline. Even though your 7 pieces are set in a square, you will be able to manipulate each piece individually.

For the trios, you will have six squares of each color with all of the pieces showing. You must determine which was missing from the duos and then use those six pieces to complete your puzzle. You do not need to do anything with the other pieces.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Results:

Google Drawings is amazing everybody. Cooperative drawing is something I never knew I needed in my life. Hope you enjoyed.

First Pairs:
Gold Team
(DrumBeats and McMenno) had a time of:
Spoiler:
18:08

Purple Team
(Radja and Zoraster) had a time of:
Spoiler:
31:45

Second Pairs:
Gold Team
(Fluminator and Ghug) had a time of:
Spoiler:
12:31

Purple Team
(Cephrir and Xalxe) had a time of:
Spoiler:
41:49

Third Pairs:
Gold Team
(Gimmick and MGD) had a time of:
Spoiler:
25:30

Purple Team
(PrivateI and TWIE) had a time of:
Spoiler:
1:05:24

This means that the current times are
Gold Team
: 25:30 and
Purple Team
: 1:05:24. These will be added to the Trios in Phase 2.

Trios of Phase 2:
Gold Team
(Chevre, D3f3nd3r and Vashta) had a time of:
Spoiler:
9:47

Purple Team
(Kublai, Meme, and Racefan) had a time of:
Spoiler:
13:08

This means that the overall scores are:
Spoiler:
Gold Team
35:17
Purple Team
1:18:32.
Gold Team
wins!
Purple Team
is heading to the Black Hole vote.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by pablito »

Gold Team
has won! Everyone in the game will now privately cast a single vote for one eligible member on the
Purple Team
who they want to send into the Black Hole. The
TWO
players who receive the most votes will go in.
All
remaining members of the losing team will enter the Void challenge, where the worst-performing Black Hole nominee and worst-performing Void participant will be eliminated from the game. The candidates are shown below. Players have 24 hrs from this post to privately submit their vote.

{Purple Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

{Kublai, PrivateI, Racefan, Radja}
{TWIE, Xalxe, Zoraster}

Cephrir and Meme go directly into the Void and cannot be voted due to winning last Black Hole.
ImageImage

(expired on 2018-02-04 23:00:00)
Sup, later.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by zoraster »

that was a'trouncin'.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Hello, hello! This is a special broadcast from your friendly neighborhood warthog.

I am changing my strategy and becoming a free agent. I no longer consider myself a member of purple1, and rather than blindly following one person (as we can see from last round, this strategy has not paid off), I will be open to being sold on each vote individually on a round by round basis by whoever makes a good case. I am not interested in alliances.

If no one successfully sells me on a vote I will do whatever the fuck I feel like. Successful strategies for selling me include but are not limited to persuading me that: the target is coming after me; it would be funny; you are betraying someone or otherwise causing chaos. Voting against me from this point forward will be strong grounds for earning my future ire. Those who already have are forgiven.

Looking to backstab someone? Give me a call, that sounds like fun. Need someone to keep a secret? I'm not leaky, and I have no allies to tell anyway.

That is all. Thank you.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Original Roll String: 5d7
5 7-Sided Dice: (7, 6, 6, 1, 5) = 25
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

That's a very pleasing roll.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

The vote reveal will most likely be delayed by about an hour. Our sincerest apologies.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by McMenno »

cuddlycaucasian is fake news
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by McMenno »

cuddlycaucasian is faker news
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by McMenno »

I have determined that cuddlycaucasian is
the fakest
news. sad!
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 pm

I've got the votes right here, in my cold, trembling hands. The two players who receive the most votes will enter the Black Hole.

Cephrir voted for...
Spoiler:
Zoraster

Kublai voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

Meme voted for...
Spoiler:
TWIE

PrivateI voted for...
Spoiler:
TWIE

That's 2 votes TWIE, 1 vote Racefan, 1 vote Zoraster

Racefan voted for...
Spoiler:
Zoraster

Radja voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

TWIE voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

Xalxe voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

Zoraster voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

That brings us to 5 votes Racefan, 2 votes TWIE, and 2 votes Zoraster.

Chevre voted for...
Spoiler:
Zoraster

D3f3nd3r voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

DrumBeats voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

7 votes Racefan, 3 votes Zoraster, 2 votes TWIE.

Fluminator voted for...
Spoiler:
TWIE

Ghug voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

Gimmick voted for...
Spoiler:
TWIE

8 votes Racefan, 4 votes TWIE, 3 votes Zoraster.

3 votes left.

McMenno voted for...
Spoiler:
Zoraster

MGD voted for...
Spoiler:
Racefan

9 votes Racefan. 4 votes each for Zoraster and TWIE. 1 vote left.

Vashta voted for...
Spoiler:
TWIE.

Racefan and TWIE will be entering the Black Hole.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:28 pm

{Void 05}

The Brightest Constellation

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

{Cephrir, Kublai, Meme, PrivateI}
{Radja, Xalxe, Zoraster}

ImageImage

{Racefan, TWIE}

Due to your efforts and navigation over all this time, a new constellation has been discovered! Constellations are bright collections of stars to guide the weary travellers through the wide oceans and vast landscapes across the globe. This new discovery has uncovered the brightest constellation of them all. Now it is your turn to view this constellation through your telescope, and it's quite the doozy! For this void, players will have to look into their telescopes to watch the constellation and look at the star arrangements to count how many stars are being used overall. However, this is a tricky constellation! This constellation loves to dance and move around, so you have to watch the dynamic moves throughout its sequence. You will be watching a gif with several screens in it, each different. You will be able to notice when the gif cycle begins/ends because the first slide will have the letter A in the top left corner. Each screen will have a picture and there is an 11x10 background with yellow stars. The yellow stars in this gif are static and will not change position. You are only responsible for counting the number of stars in each screen - you do not need to pay attention to the other picture. There will be 15 screens total. You will need the use of a graphic editor for a screencap in this challenge. To begin the challenge complete the google form just like all the others you've seen before.

Once you believe you have counted all of the stars, you will then need to go to this link and play the flash game "The Endurance Test". We recommend playing on hard mode to get a high score as quickly as possible. Please install adobe flash in advance. You must complete the endurance test and end with a score of
exactly
50 x (total number of yellow stars across all screens). To complete the mission, you must enter a screencap of your score with your MafiaScum (or skype) tab in a window in the screenshot. Your time will begin once you start the form and will end once you submit your finishing form (complete with screencap). If your score is over or under, you will be penalized 1 minute for each number over or under. Therefore, before you submit your finishing form and taking a screencap, you may decide to re-do your endurance test if you believe you are off.
No outside resources are allowed - this includes programs to slow down or manipulate the gif or to affect the flash game. However, you ARE allowed to use a calculator.

The Black Hole nominee and Void participant with the slowest overall times will be eliminated from the game. And with only 2 nominees in the Black Hole, there's less room for error this time around. You have
24 hours
to complete this void.

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

Ayyyyyy....Dab-bar what did you do? You got people stuck in the universe for minutes? Hours? Days? Oh no, what penalties have you wrought?

First the Black Hole contestants. It was Racefan vs. TWIE. Who came out on top after all the penalties?

In first was...

Spoiler:

TWIE was first with a time of 1:18:52! TWIE cannot go into the Black Hole next time.

This means that the eliminated Black Hole contestant was...

Spoiler:

Racefan with 148:35:02. You were a fighter and you were one of the biggest targets for having won last time. And for having lost so many missions, it was only a matter of time until you succumbed to the black hole and now here we are. Thanks for returning and hope to see you next time.

Onto the Void. So many penalties.

The first to finish was...

Spoiler:

Kublai with a time of 29:54!

Next was...

Spoiler:

Xalxe with a time of 7:07:21!

Next was...

Spoiler:

Cephrir with a time of 8:50:28!

Next was...

Spoiler:

PrivateI with a time of 27:02:55!

Next was...

Spoiler:

Meme with a time of 34:48:30!

This leaves only Radja and Zoraster, one of which will be eliminated.

The final surviving player was...

Spoiler:

Radja with a time of 78:02:47!

This means that our eliminated contestant from the Void is...

Spoiler:

Zoraster with 798:24:15. You were a great competitor and it was great to see you battle onward against your vendettas but this time a very tough void got you down and out. It took a difficult one to take you out which just goes to show how tough you are in all challenges. Hope to see you next time.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by pablito »

{ROUND 06 TEAMS}

{Gold Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

{Chevre, D3f3nd3r, Ghug, Kublai}
{Meme, MGD, TWIE, Vashta}

{Purple Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

{Cephrir, DrumBeats, Fluminator, Gimmick}
{McMenno, PrivateI, Rajda, Xalxe}
Sup, later.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by zoraster »

Damn. So close.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by pablito »

{Mission 06}

Stir of Echoes

Yeah, so we're having a bit of trouble with our communication systems. Life support is still in tact, shields are go, and so are phasers, but those pesky little communicators are what's down this time. As such, we're going to need to use relay systems to figure out how to communicate with each other. As such, this challenge will be live, in which all of your team members are encouraged to be online at the same time. Otherwise you probably won't beat the deadline.
Please fill out this link to determine when you can all be online at the same time. Only fill out for highlighted times in the next 72 hrs. Please budget a minimum of 1 hr at least. Please contact mods if your have difficulty with scheduling. We are giving more time than usual because of the live element.

For this mission, all 8 members of your team will be sitting in the circle. Each person on the team has been given 3 words that must be guessed before time is up. To do this, we will be playing a game similar to "Password". Normally in "Password" one team member will give a one-word clue and the other will guess, and we would continue in this fashion until one team gets a point. However, this time all 8 members of your team will take turns and may either A) Provide a clue for their own word or B) Provide a guess for someone else's word. This will continue until all 24 words have been guessed. Turns will continue in a clockwise fashion around the team
and each turn will have a 2-minute time limit.
With each turn, you must denote whether you are giving a "Clue" or "Guess". To provide a clue, you must say "Clue: {hint}" and enter your one-word hint where it says {hint}. You may not use any form of the word in your hint, you may not use more than one word in your hint, and you must use a word that can be found in the dictionary. If you fail to provide a clue that meets all of these rules, this will incur a five turn penalty each time, which will be added at the end of competition.
If you aren't sure whether a clue breaks the rules, ask a mod first.
If you are making a "Guess" please be sure to mark which player's word you are guessing. Once a player's word has been guessed correctly, they're allowed to start giving clues for their next word once it's their turn. If a player's words have been guessed, the only option they have on their turn is to make guesses. There is no penalty for a wrong guess other than adding onto your overall number of turns.
Once the mission has started, the only posts you can make are your one-word clues and guesses. No strategy discussion can take place after words are given out. No outside resources allowed.

The team who takes fewer turns to get all 24 words will win, with first tiebreaker being fewest failed guesses and second tiebreaker being time used in total. If a team fails to successfully guess all 24 words before the end of the challenge, this will count as a disqualification. If both teams fail to successfully guess all 24 words before deadline, the team that made the most progress (with less time being a tiebreaker) will win this mission.

You have
96 hours
to complete the entire mission due to the need to schedule. The team with the most turns taken will enter the Void, and 2 of its members will enter the Black Hole.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am

Post by pablito »

Results:

Gold Team finishes with a total of:
Spoiler:
88 turns...with penalty.

Purple Team finishes with a total of:
Spoiler:
99 turns with 0 penalties.

This means that the winner is:
Spoiler:
Gold Team
has won with a final score of 93. Everyone in the game will now privately cast a single vote for one eligible member on the
Purple Team
who they want to send into the Black Hole. The
TWO
players who receive the most votes will go in.
All
remaining members of the losing team will enter the Void challenge, where the worst-performing Black Hole nominee and worst-performing Void participant will be eliminated from the game. The candidates are shown below. You may vote for any purple player. Players have 24 hrs from this post to privately submit their vote.

{Purple Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

{Cephrir, DrumBeats, Fluminator, Gimmick}
{McMenno, PrivateI, Rajda, Xalxe}

(expired on 2018-02-09 15:00:00)
Sup, later.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Fluminator »

Can this gold 1 alliance be done yet? Lol
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

gold 1 alliance?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Fluminator »

the group of people you voted alongside the last 5 matches based on a randomly distributed team round 1.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

wait what? I though i've been voting in alphabetical order the whole time?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Fluminator »

You can be passive aggressive all you want, but it probably won't make anyone like you outside your alliance.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

you mean the group that already has decided to place me into the black hole whenever they get a chance?
The stage is set.
The night explodes.

Return to “Social Game Archive”