Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Blackberry
berry

Pronoun: He

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:28 pm

In post 74, Irrelephant11 wrote:No, any time all players unanimously identify the mole, the mole receives 0 points for messing with the challenges. That way the mole has to be secret and effective, so they can beat the other mole. This is what I was trying to say like five posts up :P

I don't think this is a viable solution. I also don't think it'd have the impact anticipated.

Irrelephant11
Goon

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:42 pm

I mean, maybe the mole only receives a percentage of the sabotaged points, based on what percentage of players don’t name them as the mole? Similar but slightly less broken effect on the game

animorpherv1
Honey Trap

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm

My problem with berry's solution is that if the mole is found then it will probably be very obvious.
I'm a jack of all trades and a master of one. I may not be the best but I can still whoop ass.

Get to know an ani!

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:58 pm

What stops the mole in the actual show from just going all out in sabotaging all the time? I'm sure they have something.

animorpherv1
Honey Trap

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:24 pm

The fact that they have to be coy about it if they want to win the money. At the end, if people know who the mole is the mole wins no money.

EDIT: Basically, if this is a bit vague it's because real money is involved.
I'm a jack of all trades and a master of one. I may not be the best but I can still whoop ass.

Get to know an ani!

Irrelephant11
Goon

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm

I always assumed the mole on the TV show was just a hired actor, doing their job?

In this case there could just be a point value assigned to “tricking more players for longer” that is included in scoring a mole. This could be a way for a mole to compete against another mole or even the very players they’re trying to trick - I.e. at the end, the winner has a score and the mole has a score and the higher one wins. Tricky math for that situation though

HeWhoSwims
Goon

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:56 am

In post 74, Irrelephant11 wrote:No, any time all players unanimously identify the mole, the mole receives 0 points for messing with the challenges. That way the mole has to be secret and effective, so they can beat the other mole. This is what I was trying to say like five posts up :P

In post 76, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean, maybe the mole only receives a percentage of the sabotaged points, based on what percentage of players don’t name them as the mole? Similar but slightly less broken effect on the game

I think this is quite a good idea. 3/9 players name you the mole? Then you get 66.6666666% of the points/money that the group lost/didn't earn.

The mole is pretty big here. I don't even know if our mole earns any money... They just try to be under the radar to not get caught.

Blackberry
berry

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:09 pm

In post 77, animorpherv1 wrote:My problem with berry's solution is that if the mole is found then it will probably be very obvious.

I don't know what you're referencing. I don't think I've posted my solution.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Large Social Games