Is anyone ever going to organize a The Mole game on here

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh, I never received any sitechat messages, I'm sorry! Must have been because I've been using ms from my tablet mostly and it doesn't support sitechat.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

Ah well then it's OK I guess. I've received a message from Reck already that I could make a PT for my The Mole plans and I'm going to invite you guys too because I could use your help a bit when I'd put it to reality.
hi
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Post by xofelf »

Sure thing :) it's what we're here for.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

That reality show, is. the closest one to Mafia. If someone ever does one; there’s a really ggod chance, I’d sign up.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 53, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:That reality show, is. the closest one to Mafia. If someone ever does one; there’s a really ggod chance, I’d sign up.
Well, I realized a cpl days ago that last Saturday, I've been a member of this site for 3 months which means I'm now able to host mafia games myself and also Large Social Games.
So I might actually do this in the near future. I'm a bit busy at this very moment though, it'll probably be in a few weeks at soonest.
hi
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

can't wait!
green shirt thursdays
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

:cool:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Ether »

In post 8, Ether wrote:*And at that point, you could just run a cooperative challenge that isn't the Mole? Like, you talked about lower player sizes. So why not just put 3-6 players together with one of them as a saboteur and run them through a bunch of challenges with no quizzes or eliminations at all? Then tally up their successes, make everyone agree on a ranking of who's most likely to be the mole, and decide whether they all won or lost based on those two conditions. I'm just spitballing here, but honestly this feels way easier to run than The Mole. Hell, someone poke me about this after Team Mafia.
Team Mafia is over and this still stands if people are interested.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'd play
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Harambey180 »

I'm thinking about doing it but I have no idea how I'd have to organize it. Even if I had an idea, I'd have to get everything clear for myself by talking to, for example, the LSG mods. And then still I'd be quite lost and probably wouldn't want to be the host :/
hi
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'd play and/or help out but as I think has been mentioned, there's not really an incentive to play like a real contestant; fake-sabotaging doesn't net you anything negative as the kitty is not made up of real money anyways. (And FYI you're probably never gonna be hosting alone as I think it's forbidden, right?)
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Ether »

In post 60, Harambey180 wrote:I'm thinking about doing it but I have no idea how I'd have to organize it. Even if I had an idea, I'd have to get everything clear for myself by talking to, for example, the LSG mods. And then still I'd be quite lost and probably wouldn't want to be the host :/
If you want to share the challenge ideas you were talking about before, I can potentially use them to put something together. (The hybrid game, to be clear, not a full mole game. Thaaaaaaaat's gonna be a long time.)
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by Radja »

One of the ideas I had was to give people passes like they have on the show as an incentive to win challenges. I think that's the only way to do it properly without everyone trying to sabotage the game.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Ether »

That makes the game REALLY townsided, though. The conflict between trying to grab exemptions and add money--and the plausible deniability it offers to the mole--are important parts of the game. There's a reason that the exemptions on the show are offered in spots that'll add more conflict.

Giving the town some outlets to fuck over people who keep sabotaging (stuff like pre-emptive neutralizers, not actually voting people out or anything that could hurt the real mole) could help a bit. Really I think either a split town or some minimum amount of money needed to stop everyone from losing are mandatory, and probably some vetting.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 43, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 40, Xalxe wrote:There was an anonymous Mario-themed Mole run by mallowgeno. I think Ani was the Mole?
It was also the only Mole game I know of to finish!
We try to forget that game :P I enjoyed it but yeah balancing this game in a forum setting is very difficult unless you have something to reward with.

I really like CC's idea of having 2 running at once though, that makes and interesting dynamic.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

ego
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

wait so I'd been thinking of wanting to run two simultaneous mole games before I even read this thread, cool

not that I have time rn

two additional ideas I'm curious to hear thoughts about:

- having the same playerlist for both games (maybe play one for a week, then move to the other for a week, so as to avoid confusing simulplaying), but with different moles. This would solve the "how do we get 20+ players to stay active?" problem but obviously introduce other problems

- the two moles are competing to remove the most potential money from the jackpot, BUT when all other players choose them on the last question of the quiz ("who is the mole?"), they immediately stop earning that money for the rest of the game BUT ALSO they are not told when this happens. Moles are then incentivized to stay hidden
and
ruin missions the whole game through.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 67, Irrelephant11 wrote:wait so I'd been thinking of wanting to run two simultaneous mole games before I even read this thread, cool

not that I have time rn

two additional ideas I'm curious to hear thoughts about:

- having the same playerlist for both games (maybe play one for a week, then move to the other for a week, so as to avoid confusing simulplaying), but with different moles. This would solve the "how do we get 20+ players to stay active?" problem but obviously introduce other problems

- the two moles are competing to remove the most potential money from the jackpot, BUT when all other players choose them on the last question of the quiz ("who is the mole?"), they immediately stop earning that money for the rest of the game BUT ALSO they are not told when this happens. Moles are then incentivized to stay hidden
and
ruin missions the whole game through.
2 competing moles could work, players not told who moles are. The winning player from the game with the most money in the player pot wins. The mole from the opposing game would then be the winner.

(Group A has $162,000 at the end of their game, Group B has $87,000. The winner of group A's game will win, the mole from Group B's game will also win)

The question becomes should the players be able to see the other group's success or failure?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Blackberry »

Does someone actually want to host a Mole game?

I have a
plethora
of ideas. I'd be more than willing to plan out a full game and write-up instructions if someone would be willing to collaborate and make sure we carry it to term (I get busy sporadically).

^_^
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:52 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I'd love to try it after august or so - the 2 concurrent games format seems great to me.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:59 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 70, HeWhoSwims wrote:I'd love to try it after august or so - the 2 concurrent games format seems great to me.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Blackberry »

I don't understand this two teams idea.

What prevents The Mole from going all out and completely throwing every mission?

Unless... each round the player that got voted most as the mole is excluded from partaking in a mission or two. That way the mole can't be too obvious? Just brainstorming.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Here's the real solution, someone's gonna have to pony up some real cash, that or we start a gofundme
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

No, any time all players unanimously identify the mole, the mole receives 0 points for messing with the challenges. That way the mole has to be secret and effective, so they can beat the other mole. This is what I was trying to say like five posts up :P

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”