What is your favourite PM/message you've gotten in an LSG?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

What is your favourite PM/message you've gotten in an LSG?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 am

Post by xofelf »

Thread.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 am

Post by McMenno »

I send my favorite PMs
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

''Indeed''-Hannibal
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 2, Iprobablysuck wrote:''Indeed''-Hannibal
indeed.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 am

Post by MattP »

malphite wrote:Malphite · Jul 9 2016, 12:14:22 AMReport Post Forward
Nobody's talking to me tonight, and I'm a sad Malphite. :(

I know we had to do what we had to do last round but I didn't expect this kind of sadness afterwards. I think I'll be okay. These are just the types of things in the game that are very hard to do. I got really excited about potentially pulling off some big thing because I've never been able to do it before and now I see the consequences and I am reminded why it takes such a toll on me to play these games. I think I'll be okay. I think I'll be okay. :\

Moving forward, I want to go to the end with you. I've said that already. But just thinking out loud, here's what I think our path forward COULD be. Please let me know if you feel that I'm wrong!

Final 10: We split the votes 4-3-3, with 4 on Amumu and 3 on Lissandra. Amumu has to play an idol and Lissandra goes home.
Final 9: With Amumu left idol-less, he's now looking for friends. We grab him, Garen, Lulu, and J4 and flip the table on Kindred, who most people want gone anyway.
Final 8: We keep Orianna happy after the Kindred elimination by taking out Amumu this round.
Final 7: Me, you, J4, Garen, Lulu have a supermajority and take out Orianna.
Final 6: Probably take out Garen. J4 and Garen have some beef and he probably won't be cool going into Final 5 with him. Could also see Shaco going here instead if J4 changes his mind.

That leaves me, you, J4, Lulu, and Shaco/Garen at F5. At that point, I think J4 would be solidly with us if we're going into this after giving him who he wants the previous round, and it means we'd be in an advantageous position because Lulu would have more loyalty to the two of us than to the others. I know you're not set on a trio with Lulu, so I'm not trying to force that. I am, though, trying to figure out how we get from where are now to at least F5 while putting the two of us in a position where we're unlikely to get eliminated.
SlappyKrust
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am

Post by PrivateI »

Twenty percent of the messages I received from Kawazu.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Montreal Impact · Feb 17 2017 08:09:44 PM wrote: Hey, bud. Interesting game eh. I do not know much aboot soccer but I know lots aboot Hockey, eh. Portland does not have a Hockey team to cheer for so I guess that means I don't need to root against ya eh. SORRY TO BE BLUNT but I heard the Arizona Coyotes are thinking aboot joining and becoming a Portland team eh. Sorry but I one of these days we may clash a bit bud if that were to happen. My fellow Canadiens say I sometimes have a temper when it comes to hockey. I once raised my voice a bit when the opposing team got a puck in my net, bud. Not my proudest moment, eh. I think we all have our vices but you just have got to know how to deal with your anger, eh? Understand how to forgive and just learn to say "Sorry!". Its the Canadien way, eh?

Sorry if you encounter any of my outbursts during the game, eh. Sorry to be blunt... but I don't now how you brave southerners do it, eh. You Americans sure get up to some wacky stuff down there, eh? Don't want to talk politics but sorry to say it but I would not want to get injured down south if you know what I mean eh?

I actually am a lumberjack eh? Down here in Quebec forestry is one of the lifebloods of our economy, eh. Fun fact eh? I know more aboot wood than just aboot anyone else in this game I reckon. Maybe that can help us have some common ground to talk aboot. Or will I have to chop you down? Time will tell eh. Sorry if I got to to do that. Je suis comme ci comme sa if that were to happen, eh!
Post-game this is actually more absurd because it's a Canadian not from Quebec pretending to be stereotypical French-Canadian to a Canadian wondering wtf he was doing. :lol:
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm just gonna leave these here. I attract the weird...
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That seemed obvious to me! What else did you think your name would be? It makes me regret not going with Raw Horseflesh.
How could you have picked that without thinking you'd be asked new and interesting position names? Ours could be called the Hot Spread. For Caramel is also commonly spread on things like me~
Despite all the Wasabi puns that others have thought of I'm terrible at them. :( 'Wasabi up?' isn't even my invention!
I think we did well too. I'm aching to punch through another one!

This is what Shadow thinks in an appropriate third pm. Raw horseflesh and bondage
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Malphite's response when I used the phrase "satellite Internet" in a PM to him. Orianna's and my exchange about how our bedrooms are laid out. Half of Teemo's shitfacedposts.

LoL premerge was wonderful.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 6, Shadoweh wrote:
Montreal Impact · Feb 17 2017 08:09:44 PM wrote: Hey, bud. Interesting game eh. I do not know much aboot soccer but I know lots aboot Hockey, eh. Portland does not have a Hockey team to cheer for so I guess that means I don't need to root against ya eh. SORRY TO BE BLUNT but I heard the Arizona Coyotes are thinking aboot joining and becoming a Portland team eh. Sorry but I one of these days we may clash a bit bud if that were to happen. My fellow Canadiens say I sometimes have a temper when it comes to hockey. I once raised my voice a bit when the opposing team got a puck in my net, bud. Not my proudest moment, eh. I think we all have our vices but you just have got to know how to deal with your anger, eh? Understand how to forgive and just learn to say "Sorry!". Its the Canadien way, eh?

Sorry if you encounter any of my outbursts during the game, eh. Sorry to be blunt... but I don't now how you brave southerners do it, eh. You Americans sure get up to some wacky stuff down there, eh? Don't want to talk politics but sorry to say it but I would not want to get injured down south if you know what I mean eh?

I actually am a lumberjack eh? Down here in Quebec forestry is one of the lifebloods of our economy, eh. Fun fact eh? I know more aboot wood than just aboot anyone else in this game I reckon. Maybe that can help us have some common ground to talk aboot. Or will I have to chop you down? Time will tell eh. Sorry if I got to to do that. Je suis comme ci comme sa if that were to happen, eh!
Post-game this is actually more absurd because it's a Canadian not from Quebec pretending to be stereotypical French-Canadian to a Canadian wondering wtf he was doing. :lol:
Kilby's pre-merge schtick that game was hilarious and I'm glad I gave him Montreal and gave Radja LA
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

<.< noooo don't show them what I thought was being friendly!
besides I still don't understand why you didn't expect that

Spoiler: Frieza's first pm, addressed to me, maybe?
HIIIIIIIIIIYA!

Nappa Loveing 15 person merge right? HOLY Mr. Popo's Stool WTF is up with this?

Well... 'merge'

whatever.

Anyways, What interesting or fun life stuff have you been involved with recently? Got any fun or interesting plans in the near future? You watching anything particularly interesting?

Game crap now.

Any fun or interesting tales from yonder game land? Weird occurrences, item usage or anything. General summarization of game, whatevers good.

As for me. If you've got any questions feel free to shoot away. I'll answer whatever comes my way so dont worry about anything.

Wherever you are, whatever time of day it is I hope you're doing well. Hopefully we can banter more in the future, and I'll see ya around.

Also Sporting Kansas's PMs taken as a whole ie the novel Cheery Dog wrote to me
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Haha yeah
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i don't know if this is my favorite but i think i'm contractually obligated to post this

"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Amy Pond wrote:Hey Dorium. It's not much of a secret anymore that we're currently at each other's throats. It's sad that this ended up happening, because I valued our alliance a LOT before I heard you were targeting me. :( I was serious when I said I wanted to help you out in your first game. But that's beside the point. Right now, we're forced to work together, both for our own individual gain and for the gain of each other as a whole.

You have to work with me at the moment. Otherwise, the TC2 vote can be manipulated and you'll be sent back. If I'm voted out, that's going to be my only possible move, and I'll have the votes to do it with the original votes used to vote for Jack. So you need me to stay alive.

However, I also need you alive. Without you alive, I'll just be taken out right after I replace you, and then we'll both be screwed. Therefore, our best move together is not to vote for each other, but to work with each other, even if there are trust issues in the air.

If we agree to work together, we can come up with a plan that keeps us both alive, as opposed to damning both of us. What do you say?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

What a tribe
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

my favorite is when Hercule let me know he was okay

"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by DeathNote »

So... do you do a lot of acting in your spare time?
grumpy
grumpy
Watcher
grumpy
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 am

Post by grumpy »

No that’s just his personality haha
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 12, DeathNote wrote:Haha yeah
legendary

i wish xof still had the DN skype meltdown logs
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

I just might actually, I'll have to check. I have a lot of logs still.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I put very little effort into that game but getting haha yeah was still enough to set me off.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 14, Papa Zito wrote:
Amy Pond wrote:Hey Dorium. It's not much of a secret anymore that we're currently at each other's throats. It's sad that this ended up happening, because I valued our alliance a LOT before I heard you were targeting me. :( I was serious when I said I wanted to help you out in your first game. But that's beside the point. Right now, we're forced to work together, both for our own individual gain and for the gain of each other as a whole.

You have to work with me at the moment. Otherwise, the TC2 vote can be manipulated and you'll be sent back. If I'm voted out, that's going to be my only possible move, and I'll have the votes to do it with the original votes used to vote for Jack. So you need me to stay alive.

However, I also need you alive. Without you alive, I'll just be taken out right after I replace you, and then we'll both be screwed. Therefore, our best move together is not to vote for each other, but to work with each other, even if there are trust issues in the air.

If we agree to work together, we can come up with a plan that keeps us both alive, as opposed to damning both of us. What do you say?
Ahahahaha wow. Looking back at that, that's laughably bad. I was desperate.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:28 am

Post by McMenno »

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”