A Groundhog Day scenario

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

A Groundhog Day scenario

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Shrek »

Let's say you're playing a Survivor LSG, and you get voted out. Now, you're understandably pretty pissed, but the next day, you wake up, and the game is beginning all over again.

For this prompt, pick any Survivor game you've played and been voted out in. How many times would you have to do things over again before you could win?

For me in One World, my first game, I would have to say about three or four hundred times, and even then, I would only win as a meme.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Vijarada »

I'm definitely in heat death of the universe territory as well.
get a warrant
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

I would probably slowly improve until I become Kim Spradlin and dominate, but that would take hundreds and hundreds of tries and eventually i'd get really sick of looking at CGI World Leaders
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Mina »

I mean, it'd be easy if you had outside information, unless my motivation eventually died off. In Civivor, I had zero pathway to winning in the game itself, but after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer, bid on the right items, and know what to say to whom because I'd have learned people's motivations. Not to mention eventually I'd learn how to actually play. It'd be totally doable to get it in under ten tries with cheating assuming I improved enough to get actual jury votes.

In the Survivor meet, I could probably get it under five tries just by making small changes with outside info (look for the idols over here, do a better job of sucking up to Kilby, keep my fucking mouth shut to Shea!)

And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Aronis »

I'd like to think I could win MLS in one replay. Play my idol, make a deal with Portland or someone to get out Real Salt Lake and it shouldn't be too hard?
Also would probably vote somebody out over Vancouver cause that was a stupid move
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 am

Post by McMenno »

one world would hopefully be in under ten tries, especially with that idol misplay
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 am

Post by DrumBeats »

Survivor Civilization - I'd like to think one. I would have to use my vacation advantage or push Alexander to use his idol on me, and I should be final three with Theo and Napoleon. I don't think I'd need a replay at FTC, but there is definitely a chance that I would need one to beat Theo.
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's so hard to say. I can point to one move in most games that could have prevented my elimination at the time it happened, but who knows how many more revisions it would take to get the rest of the way?

Greece: Win in one try by not being a dick and/or not using blue text at FTC.
Finale: Targeting a different Purple Reign member at F8 should turn things around a bit, but I don't think I could get Jesse out ever in a million tries between his idol and F4 advantage which he would use to eliminate me every time. Best guess is mutiny round 1, lol.
Hogwarts: I feel like not voting myself out would be a pretty good start, but I wouldn't do this over if I could anyway :]
Dr. Who: Save Storm at 7, vote out my former alliance, then immunity run. Take Jack or Storm to finals.
Arkham City: Knowing that Star Sapphire will come back from Death Row, don't murder her until the twist is over, or hope someone else does it. Granted, I had other problems that would take working on, probably tens of tries to figure that out.
Eon: Don't give up my vote in the challenge. Likely a lot of tries to win here considering I came nowhere close.
Abridged: Win final immunity. I expect this would take many tries.
Civ: I honestly don't know. I'd probably start over from the beginning.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:42 am

Post by SummerInWonderland »

Civ: 1 try or however many it takes to win last immunity.
Curiouser and curiouser!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

lol acting like I can win a Survivor. Nice joke.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by hiplop »

one world: one
third best scummer of all time
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I think I could fix any of my losing games that aren't BotB or #2016 in single-digit retries.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by hiplop »

honestly i think my young trunks game was already my groundhog day attempt. I shouldnt have lasted as long as i did.
third best scummer of all time
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Let's see if I can pinpoint areas from my games for improvement.
Mario Bros - actually have a social game, and be able to use my tribe choosing powers for my own benefit instead of xofelf's
Doctor Who - probably actually tell people I would be away the second weekend, with my playstyle, I'm not sure if I can do much better than that.
EtE - get put onto a different starting tribe, connect more with Zingbot
Eon - get 2 minutes faster on a jigsaw.
BotB - don't tell my target I want them out. No idea how far besides reaching merge this would get me.
Abridged - get one more vote at FTC. (This is the only one I could possibly see myself winning)
MLS - this wasn't survivor, doesn't count.
Arkham City - Actually tell all of the people my current plans instead of having 6 different ones with 8 people.

Generally I need to just get a better social game where more people have reason to want to be keeping me around.
I think i would need a lot of change.

BotB is really the only game I know I could actually change though, even though all it might have needed was a better clue to document as a password.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In the context of this I assume it only involves knowing what happened up to when you get voted out, so no going back after reading jury forums/etc

Arkham was so insane that I don't think anyone could just go back and know what to do. The first thing I'd try is getting voted out Round 2. :giggle:
PSV would take one, and it would involve betting more money on dix
BotB: Maybe 2-3 if I beat Radiohead in the FTC because PLAY YOUR IDOL, but then I'd have to figure out how we get there. If not then uh....
-This space for rent-
League: It would take at least 3 tries just to make the merge, then Malphite would brutally backstab me and I'd ragequit the boards
DBZA: I would need to transplant a different person into my body who likes talking less
Medevac: Well actually winning the challenge that eliminated me knowing what numbers people were bidding would be EZ. Maybe a few tries after that?
Nexus: Actually I've already gone over this so many times in my head that it's painful to think about. @#$%^&@#$%^&
MLS: One try to survive the F6 (making sure Kansas has his idol in F7), a second try to 'magically guess' the final immunity challenge because Snakes/gimmick would take each other.
Genius: CHESS @$%#$^#$^%$^%$^%#^%$^

I have a serious problem with either talking too much and being the default F4/F3 boot or not talking enough and being invisible and I'm still trying to figure out how to find a nice middle ground. Honestly being able to identify the problems and ways I coulda won post-mortem just make me sad!
In post 3, Mina wrote:after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer
I don't know about you but I'm confident that ten years of practice would not help me beat Klick at flash skiing >.> I'm also pretty sure I could know exactly where the idol is and those two would get it first
And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*
8.92%!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Realeo »

Ah, so Genius is also considered?

I'm pretty confident that I will get it in maximum of two? One of my biggest mistake is assuming that people will be discouraged from betraying others because they can haunt you back if you survive Death Match.

The reason is after I'm out, Jimmy Cha went into an immunity streak. If I didn't so stupidly assume that people can't backstab, I may have an advantage during Death Match. After that Death Match, Jimmy Cha may protect me each time he wins immunity? I am also quite confident that if Jimmy Cha didn't give me the immunity, the only people who would dare to challenge me is Jinho (I wasn't sure Sunggyu will challenge me because he missed his chance back in Fishing game?)
In post 3, Mina wrote:And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*
Now that you talk about it, will you carry me all the way to Final 3?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:50 am

Post by racefan12 »

It's easy to say that all I needed to do to win Medevac was make sure Alexis was voted out at F5, but there are so many other universes where I don't get nearly that far in the game to begin with, so if the game was beginning all over again, it would probably take a lot of tries to get back to that winning position.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

Hey I tried :(
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 9, animorpherv1 wrote:lol acting like I can win a Survivor. Nice joke.
THIS IS ME

Seriously I look back at every game and it feels like it's way over ten tries for any

Like weirdly I think BotB is the quickest, simply because all I'd need is to not go after Aya and get inside information on the ICs
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Klick »

Just pull off some big move towards the end of Sky Pillar and you're set Chev.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Hey I won a Survivor so anyone can win.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

See I even have a crown!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

League: I probably make FTC on my second playthrough by not trusting Gnar but lose during FTC, third go around I probably drag J4/Garen to the end and win
green shirt thursdays
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

hoo boy
i was too useless in my first two games to even consider this, and in blizzard there wasn't rly a path to victory for me
so in the end probably no.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
grumpy
grumpy
Watcher
grumpy
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:29 am

Post by grumpy »

1) vote out Alexis at f5