A Groundhog Day scenario

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Shrek
Watcher

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 am

Let's say you're playing a Survivor LSG, and you get voted out. Now, you're understandably pretty pissed, but the next day, you wake up, and the game is beginning all over again.

For this prompt, pick any Survivor game you've played and been voted out in. How many times would you have to do things over again before you could win?

For me in One World, my first game, I would have to say about three or four hundred times, and even then, I would only win as a meme.

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:39 am

I'm definitely in heat death of the universe territory as well.
"on google drive and my hard drive. I reopened three versions of the document on two different computers (because I made backups on one computer and not the other) and manually rechecked the lists from all three and noticed that a few pieces of small text were missing from each of the documents but I cant find the exact differences because its not configured to be

Iprobablysuck
Townie

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 am

I would probably slowly improve until I become Kim Spradlin and dominate, but that would take hundreds and hundreds of tries and eventually i'd get really sick of looking at CGI World Leaders
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Mina
The Shipwright

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 pm

I mean, it'd be easy if you had outside information, unless my motivation eventually died off. In Civivor, I had zero pathway to winning in the game itself, but after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer, bid on the right items, and know what to say to whom because I'd have learned people's motivations. Not to mention eventually I'd learn how to actually play. It'd be totally doable to get it in under ten tries with cheating assuming I improved enough to get actual jury votes.

In the Survivor meet, I could probably get it under five tries just by making small changes with outside info (look for the idols over here, do a better job of sucking up to Kilby, keep my fucking mouth shut to Shea!)

And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*

Aronis
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:44 pm

I'd like to think I could win MLS in one replay. Play my idol, make a deal with Portland or someone to get out Real Salt Lake and it shouldn't be too hard?
Also would probably vote somebody out over Vancouver cause that was a stupid move
"Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=76252

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:08 pm

one world would hopefully be in under ten tries, especially with that idol misplay

DrumBeats
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Survivor Civilization - I'd like to think one. I would have to use my vacation advantage or push Alexander to use his idol on me, and I should be final three with Theo and Napoleon. I don't think I'd need a replay at FTC, but there is definitely a chance that I would need one to beat Theo.
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."

Cephrir
Survivor

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm

It's so hard to say. I can point to one move in most games that could have prevented my elimination at the time it happened, but who knows how many more revisions it would take to get the rest of the way?

Greece: Win in one try by not being a dick and/or not using blue text at FTC.
Finale: Targeting a different Purple Reign member at F8 should turn things around a bit, but I don't think I could get Jesse out ever in a million tries between his idol and F4 advantage which he would use to eliminate me every time. Best guess is mutiny round 1, lol.
Hogwarts: I feel like not voting myself out would be a pretty good start, but I wouldn't do this over if I could anyway :]
Dr. Who: Save Storm at 7, vote out my former alliance, then immunity run. Take Jack or Storm to finals.
Arkham City: Knowing that Star Sapphire will come back from Death Row, don't murder her until the twist is over, or hope someone else does it. Granted, I had other problems that would take working on, probably tens of tries to figure that out.
Eon: Don't give up my vote in the challenge. Likely a lot of tries to win here considering I came nowhere close.
Abridged: Win final immunity. I expect this would take many tries.
Civ: I honestly don't know. I'd probably start over from the beginning.
"I would prefer not to."

SummerInWonderland
Goon

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Civ: 1 try or however many it takes to win last immunity.
Curiouser and curiouser!

animorpherv1
Honey Trap

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:59 pm

lol acting like I can win a Survivor. Nice joke.
I'm a jack of all trades and a master of one. I may not be the best but I can still whoop ass.

Get to know an ani!

hiplop
Best Social Game

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

one world: one
third best scummer of all time

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:11 pm

I think I could fix any of my losing games that aren't BotB or #2016 in single-digit retries.

hiplop
Best Social Game

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 am

honestly i think my young trunks game was already my groundhog day attempt. I shouldnt have lasted as long as i did.
third best scummer of all time

Cheery Dog
Kayak

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 am

Let's see if I can pinpoint areas from my games for improvement.
Mario Bros - actually have a social game, and be able to use my tribe choosing powers for my own benefit instead of xofelf's
Doctor Who - probably actually tell people I would be away the second weekend, with my playstyle, I'm not sure if I can do much better than that.
EtE - get put onto a different starting tribe, connect more with Zingbot
Eon - get 2 minutes faster on a jigsaw.
BotB - don't tell my target I want them out. No idea how far besides reaching merge this would get me.
Abridged - get one more vote at FTC. (This is the only one I could possibly see myself winning)
MLS - this wasn't survivor, doesn't count.
Arkham City - Actually tell all of the people my current plans instead of having 6 different ones with 8 people.

Generally I need to just get a better social game where more people have reason to want to be keeping me around.
I think i would need a lot of change.

BotB is really the only game I know I could actually change though, even though all it might have needed was a better clue to document as a password.
Life is always what it seems.

Shadoweh
Idol Hands

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 am

In the context of this I assume it only involves knowing what happened up to when you get voted out, so no going back after reading jury forums/etc

Arkham was so insane that I don't think anyone could just go back and know what to do. The first thing I'd try is getting voted out Round 2. :giggle:
PSV would take one, and it would involve betting more money on dix
BotB: Maybe 2-3 if I beat Radiohead in the FTC because PLAY YOUR IDOL, but then I'd have to figure out how we get there. If not then uh....
-This space for rent-
League: It would take at least 3 tries just to make the merge, then Malphite would brutally backstab me and I'd ragequit the boards
DBZA: I would need to transplant a different person into my body who likes talking less
Medevac: Well actually winning the challenge that eliminated me knowing what numbers people were bidding would be EZ. Maybe a few tries after that?
Nexus: Actually I've already gone over this so many times in my head that it's painful to think about. @#$%^&@#$%^&
MLS: One try to survive the F6 (making sure Kansas has his idol in F7), a second try to 'magically guess' the final immunity challenge because Snakes/gimmick would take each other.
Genius: CHESS @$%#$^#$^%$^%$^%#^%$^

I have a serious problem with either talking too much and being the default F4/F3 boot or not talking enough and being invisible and I'm still trying to figure out how to find a nice middle ground. Honestly being able to identify the problems and ways I coulda won post-mortem just make me sad!

In post 3, Mina wrote:after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer

I don't know about you but I'm confident that ten years of practice would not help me beat Klick at flash skiing >.> I'm also pretty sure I could know exactly where the idol is and those two would get it first

And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*

8.92%!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
Plan B: it serves you right if i (hug) you in the face though, right?
I love it when people talk about my brutal murder in front of me, it's actually my secret fetish - Sangmin

Realeo
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 am

Ah, so Genius is also considered?

I'm pretty confident that I will get it in maximum of two? One of my biggest mistake is assuming that people will be discouraged from betraying others because they can haunt you back if you survive Death Match.

The reason is after I'm out, Jimmy Cha went into an immunity streak. If I didn't so stupidly assume that people can't backstab, I may have an advantage during Death Match. After that Death Match, Jimmy Cha may protect me each time he wins immunity? I am also quite confident that if Jimmy Cha didn't give me the immunity, the only people who would dare to challenge me is Jinho (I wasn't sure Sunggyu will challenge me because he missed his chance back in Fishing game?)

In post 3, Mina wrote:And then don't get me started on the Genius. *compulsive twitching*

Now that you talk about it, will you carry me all the way to Final 3?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?

racefan12
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

It's easy to say that all I needed to do to win Medevac was make sure Alexis was voted out at F5, but there are so many other universes where I don't get nearly that far in the game to begin with, so if the game was beginning all over again, it would probably take a lot of tries to get back to that winning position.
PrivateI: I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.
CuddlyCaucasian: Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion
You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Hey I tried :(

Chevre
Honourable Mention

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm

In post 9, animorpherv1 wrote:lol acting like I can win a Survivor. Nice joke.

THIS IS ME

Seriously I look back at every game and it feels like it's way over ten tries for any

Like weirdly I think BotB is the quickest, simply because all I'd need is to not go after Aya and get inside information on the ICs
As I leave this Earth and sail into the infinite cosmic universe, the wars, the triumphs, the beauty, and the bloodshed, the ocean of human endeavor, it all grows quiet, insignificant. I'm nothing more than recycled stardust and borrowed energy, born from a rock, spinning in the aether. I watch my life backwards and forwards and I feel free. Nothing is real, love is everything, and I know nothing.

Klick

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Just pull off some big move towards the end of Sky Pillar and you're set Chev.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Hey I won a Survivor so anyone can win.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm

See I even have a crown!

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:44 pm

League: I probably make FTC on my second playthrough by not trusting Gnar but lose during FTC, third go around I probably drag J4/Garen to the end and win
get to know a reckoner

#EmeraldProud

randomidget
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:10 am

hoo boy
i was too useless in my first two games to even consider this, and in blizzard there wasn't rly a path to victory for me
so in the end probably no.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

grumpy
Watcher

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm

1) vote out Alexis at f5
2) don’t get blackout drunk and spend the stamina for guaranteed immunity

Next
[ + ]

Return to Large Social Games