Allocate/Execute III--LIVE REVEAL--WINNER REVEALED!

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

Well that about solidifies what I was already thinking about doing, thanks guys. Also, aww, I was a bigger threat than Shadow! I'm so happy <3

But just because I'm curious, would you all please list the people you had alliances with? and just how solid you were with those people? Thanks in advance!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

I was aligned with you and Shadow (and Vash RIP). I also spoke with Skelda from time to time. That was pretty much it. I was rock solid with you/Shadow, Skelda I kind of heeded, but still voted who I wanted (I mean I dumped all my votes on Meme and I guess I didn't NEED to)
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Skelda »

@Xof

My alliances were...

Me-Empire (tightest)
Me-Empire-Xof-Aronis-Vash-Shadow-Meme (main alliance, as tight as can be expected)
Me-Empire-Xof-Vash-Shadow-Meme (original alliance minus Aronis, formed like a round or two before Aronis was voted out, still pretty tight)
Me-Empire-Meme (basically formed because Meme wanted it, I had no intention of going to the end together)
Me-Empire-Shadow (I really really wanted to be loyal to this one, but I didn't think I could beat Shadow)
Me-Flum-Shadow (not super tight)
Me-Shadow (kind of the whole game until we had to vote her out, my closet alliance other than Empire)
Me-Xof-Vash (we talked like right in the beginning, but once we joined our big alliance we stopped talking separately as much and of course Vash died)
Me-D3f? (I don't know what D3f and I had, it was a strange relationship where we didn't tell each other the truth pretty often, but at the same time I did ultimately trusted him not to come for me and that was all I needed so I'm counting it as an alliance)

I also talked to Mallow sometimes and Shrek sometimes before he lost his votes, and most people at least once or twice
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 124, Shrek wrote:Also, whichever one of you can identify who my profile pic is first will get a 50% increase in their chances of earning my vote.
Risotto Nero from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Don't ask me how I figured that out lol
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 123, Shrek wrote:I'd like you all to give me a tl;dr of your games, because even though I read those enormous walls of text, I basically didn't absorb any information from them.

Except for Mallow, yours was good. Skelda, Empire, condense yours until they're the length of Mallow's.
I will do this tomorrow. This is not one of my strengths hahaha
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Skelda »

And Vij I will try to make a summary for you that isn't the length of my speech hopefully, no promises though
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I...can't find it in me to vote for any of you honestly. Empire and Skelda you both did dreadful jobs of trying to manage me as a juror at the end. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves regarding this?

Mallow - can you summarize the votes that you made particularly in early- and mid-merge, and how you caught wind of each of those votes happening?
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The only thing that stands out is that Empire, you did an incredible job of convincing Skelda that even though I got left out of six votes, I was somehow a jury threat. I have to ask how you made that happen, because holy shit that was definitely a thing.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Empire »

Vij, I'll write up a longer summary of everything that happened when I wake up tomorrow (today?) but I just wanted to do the tl;dr version for Shrek here:
In post 123, Shrek wrote:I'd like you all to give me a tl;dr of your games, because even though I read those enormous walls of text, I basically didn't absorb any information from them.

Except for Mallow, yours was good. Skelda, Empire, condense yours until they're the length of Mallow's.
I nudged together a majority alliance positioning myself so that I would be in the middle. When the merge hit, I was able to leverage the strong relationships I had built to ensure I was never in any danger and that who I wanted to get voted out did, for the most part. And I was able to convince Skelda that I was a lesser threat to him than D3f despite all this.

(two lines, hope this is good enough)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Empire »

also the dude in your avi is Risotto Nero from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 125, xofelf wrote:Well that about solidifies what I was already thinking about doing, thanks guys. Also, aww, I was a bigger threat than Shadow! I'm so happy <3

But just because I'm curious, would you all please list the people you had alliances with? and just how solid you were with those people? Thanks in advance!
I'm gonna keep it exclusively to the alliances that were 3+ people because otherwise this would go on forever.

1) Me-You-Shadoweh-Skelda-Meme-Aronis-Vash (the majority alliance)

2) Me-You-Shadoweh (the core of the majority alliance, at least from my point of view)

3) Me-Shadoweh-Skelda (an F3 we made after the merge hit)

4) Me-Meme-D3f (an alliance we made after the merge roughly around the time Aronis got voted out if memory serves me right here)

5) Me-Meme-Skelda (another F3)

6) Me-Meme-D3f-Skelda(?) (Skelda and D3f had a very weird relationship where they didn't trust each other at all so I'm not sure I can include this one here but we did work together for a few votes)

As far as judging the tightness of them, it's hard for me to really compare them all because I do genuinely feel like I was tight with everyone listed here. But regarding the alliance I valued the most? It was clearly the one I had with you and Shadoweh. I can't confirm it but I'm pretty sure the chatlog the three of us had was the longest one of the group chats I was in. Talking strategy with you guys was super fun but I knew I couldn't take you guys to the end because you were such big threats to win.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 131, D3f3nd3r wrote:Empire and Skelda you both did dreadful jobs of trying to manage me as a juror at the end. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves regarding this?
I don't even know what to say, man, except I'm really sorry. The fact of the matter is that I knew that everything you were saying to Skelda to try and convince him to take you to the end (he told me) was true so I went silent specifically so that I wouldn't give you any ammunition to bury me with. That's really the only reason I went quiet and I did enjoy our strategy talks and the conversation we made at the beginning of the game.
In post 132, D3f3nd3r wrote:The only thing that stands out is that Empire, you did an incredible job of convincing Skelda that even though I got left out of six votes, I was somehow a jury threat. I have to ask how you made that happen, because holy shit that was definitely a thing.
Well, what happened was we were discussing early into the merge who we were thinking of taking to the end. At that point, I believe both Menno and Shrek were still in the game so I was concerned about the possibility of getting crowded out by those two at the end and my angle was to ensure that that didn't happen. So I threw your name out there as a candidate. Skelda responded by telling me he was worried you would sell an underdog story to the jury. I don't remember when exactly it happened but I do remember egging him on in this line of thinking once it became clear to me you were gonna be there at the F5-F4, thus ensuring that he would pick me over you at the end if it ever came down to that. The xof blindside made this super easy to sell despite the fact that it only happened because Meme covered for my missing votes because the plan was your brainchild.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I can't believe I caught you plotting behind my back and believed you were joking. It's pretty ridiculous. I should have told Mallow to votebomb Skelda instead of Menno but despite my 1 in trust I actually trusted you guys. Haha. If you can convince me there was a reason to do that to me besides that my name carries a reputation I'll consider voting for one of you.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

God damnit Skrew how am I supposed to be a bitter juror with this avatar?!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Empire, I want to focus a bit more on the round Xof went home. You didn't know that I was going to cover your votes for you - that was a last minute decision from me to try to salvage the you/me/D3f alliance.

So what was your plan going forward if D3f had only seen 10 votes on Xof instead of 15?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:34 am

Post by McMenno »

Of you three, only empire was in the supp. Mallowgeno and skelda, rate me in the style of psyche's anonymous feedback form, but unanonymously.

Empire, draw a funny picture involving jigglypuff's hijinks.
In post 137, Shadoweh wrote:I can't believe I caught you plotting behind my back and believed you were joking. It's pretty ridiculous. I should have told Mallow to votebomb Skelda instead of Menno but despite my 1 in trust I actually trusted you guys. Haha. If you can convince me there was a reason to do that to me besides that my name carries a reputation I'll consider voting for one of you.
Rude
mafiascum is on life support
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 131, D3f3nd3r wrote:
Mallow - can you summarize the votes that you made particularly in early- and mid-merge, and how you caught wind of each of those votes happening?
Any votes I made early or mid-game I had talked to Xofelf/Shadow about (starting with Xofelf then proceeding to Shadow when Xofelf was eliminated). I voted however they were voting and didn't get involved in the politics/drama of it
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 134, Empire wrote:also the dude in your avi is Risotto Nero from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
i said first to do it, don't copy skelda
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Your avatar is clearly from Mafiascum.net (a Mob has formed)
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Shrek »

Mallow, you said that you wouldn't take this game super-seriously. I think that would be an understatement, because you didn't even make an effort to contact me once. Tell me how you think this jury perceives you, especially since I think I'm not the only one you didn't bother to talk to at all.

From a subjective standpoint, the best game played would be by Skelda. D3F makes a point that he was left out of multiple votes, but in the end, I would be more likely to vote him than Empire or Mallow. Skelda, you, in my opinion, actually bothered to reach out to me. We've had a few great discussions, and without you, I might not be here as a Jury member in the first place. You are the frontrunner for my vote, and in my opinion, the game as a whole. You also know your stuff, too, so that's a 50% increase in the chance of getting my vote.

To get my vote, Empire, you're going to have to have an AMAZING FTC performance while Skelda's is mediocre, and right now, that's not happening.

Mallow, the only way you'll get my vote is if I'm feeling nice and don't want you to be a 0 vote finalist. But right now, you're not really fighting for anyone's vote. At all.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Mallow, I'd like to hear a bit about what happened on the round Flum went home for you. Did you know there would be other votes there? If so, could you elaborate on how?

Also, how many of those votes came from you?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Empire »

In post 137, Shadoweh wrote:I can't believe I caught you plotting behind my back and believed you were joking. It's pretty ridiculous. I should have told Mallow to votebomb Skelda instead of Menno but despite my 1 in trust I actually trusted you guys. Haha. If you can convince me there was a reason to do that to me besides that my name carries a reputation I'll consider voting for one of you.
I'm really sorry but literally everyone I had spoken to considered you to be one of the biggest threats in the game (for example, I can't even count the number of times D3f told me he thought you and xof were running the game). You and xof were both considered to be at the forefront of making all the major decisions in our alliance pre-merge, and frankly, I saw it that way too. It wasn't just your rep as a strong social player. The only reason I didn't just straight up tell you that I was voting for you that round was because you had a lot of votes, which was basically effectively an idol.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 am

Post by xofelf »

Don't apologize for shit, own it. I don't know about the rest of the jury, but I don't want you to be apologizing for actually playing the game and making moves. If you feel you need to justify them, whatever, but don't apologize. Feeling remorse is fine, but don't invalidate your strategy with "i'm sorry but" you're better than that. And if you want votes, then you own up to that shit. That goes for all of you finalists, don't want to hear your sorries, I want you to own the game you played and nothing less.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Empire »

In post 139, CaptainMeme wrote:Empire, I want to focus a bit more on the round Xof went home. You didn't know that I was going to cover your votes for you - that was a last minute decision from me to try to salvage the you/me/D3f alliance.

So what was your plan going forward if D3f had only seen 10 votes on Xof instead of 15?
You're right that I didn't know you were going to do that. But basically the idea was that booting xof right then was a bad idea for me because literally everyone knew she was the biggest threat in the game and needed to go home well before the end of the game so she was a goner sooner or later. In order for me to have gone along with that plan, I would have had to have kept Shadoweh out of the loop and that would have burned that bridge at a time where I personally valued that alliance a hell of a lot + she had a lot of votes and could've done stuff against me in the future.

I was going to tell D3f that I thought it was a bad idea and that's why I didn't go through with it. This shouldn't have surprised him because I spent a lot of time arguing with him trying to convince him not to follow through with this plan. Moving forward, I don't think things would have changed much tbh. D3f would have been left with too few votes to really do much vs. me if he wanted to go that route. If I had gotten any hint that you and him were gonna target me later on, I would have just dumped a lot of my votes to prevent that since I had a lot stockpiled up and I always had Shadoweh and Skelda to fall back on.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 131, D3f3nd3r wrote:I...can't find it in me to vote for any of you honestly. Empire and Skelda you both did dreadful jobs of trying to manage me as a juror at the end. Do either of you have anything to say for yourselves regarding this?

Okay hi D3f.

So I really empathize with your situation. I know that it really hurts to be voted out so close to the end, especially when you feel that the wrong decision was made, but I want to push back on some of the things that you are saying.

So first of all, I find it kind of interesting that you are simultaneously saying that you want to vote for neither Empire nor myself and you are claiming that I made this massive mistake by taking him to the end. Like, you kind of ironically are demonstrating exactly why I felt that I needed Empire in the end, because believe it or not you aren't the only person who we both stabbed in the back and who could conceivably have justification to feel this way. Like Shadow, Meme, Xof, Aronis, and you were all people who we worked with at various points who we ultimately voted out in favor of taking someone we hadn't worked with to the end, and I totally wouldn't blame them for wanting to vote against me, and under this scenario Empire would be voted out and could potentially feel that way also.

And the way that you are reaching to get Mallow to give you some reason to vote for him, do you honestly not think that people might have done the same thing with you? Except you actually played the game and there are a lot more arguments and ways that people could rationalize giving you their vote if they feel mad at me, which I gave them plenty of adequate cause to be.

Now it's possible that I made a mistake with who I took to the end, I'm not psychic so I just made the best decision with the information that I had and played the best game that I could up until that point. However, I also want to really push back on this idea that Empire was the person who convinced me to not want to go to the end with D3f. So first of all, I'm almost positive that I had discussions about D3f as a potential underdog winner with both Shadow and Meme before (or at least around the same time) that I talked about it to Empire, so at a bare minimum he doesn't get sole credit. I also had conversations with both of them about how if our alliance backstabbed each other then whoever they took to the end would probably win, obviously we all had incentives to claim that to be the case whether it was true or not but I do think that on some level it being out there meant that it would be something in their minds once they were voted out. But additionally, I came to him with a plan that involved cutting you at final 10 and although our relationship was fine prior to that I know that we didn't talk nearly as much so he definitely didn't convince me of that. Like, I think it's just untrue that Empire is the reason I didn't want to go to the end with you. I guess you can argue that he agreed with what I was already saying, but that's a far cry from convincing me of anything.

And finally and probably most importantly if you really consider this move by Empire brilliant and a potential reason to vote for him over me,
Empire made the same decision as me.
I understand why it's easy to be mad at me for your elimination because I was the one who actually cast the vote that did it, but Empire easily could have gone to the end with you and Mallow if he wanted to instead of with me. He knew that Mallow and I were both spending 10 votes on eliminating Meme, so all he had to do was hold back two more votes than I told him to and he would have had the power in the final round instead of me, and he admits that he considered this but didn't because he trusted me to vote out D3f. Now think about this. He knew I wasn't going to vote out Mallow because Mallow didn't do much of anything this game. Literally the only options are that I vote out him or you, so by choosing not to take Immunity for himself the final round he basically made the same decision I did a round earlier and potentially put himself in a little bit of danger for no reason in the process. Or alternatively he could have spent the votes that I said to and just like, told you not to spend all of your votes so that the two of you could vote me out the following round, that was an option for him as well. The point is, I honestly believe that he had the same issues with going to the end with you that I did and regardless of what his words say now, his actions in the game say otherwise. If this is the case, then it doesn't really matter whether the decision for me to take Empire was the right one or not because we both made the same choice, even if we made it in different ways.

And finally on the thing about me having horrible Jury management with you. Honestly D3f, I do feel bad about voting you out, but at the same time like I thought it was the best thing for my game and additionally I didn't really have any commitments to you, like I never promised you a final three as far as I remember and our relationship was super strange where we both lied to each other pretty much constantly so kind of like, what did you really expect from me? I would have gone to the end with you if I thought it yielded me the best chance of winning, I like you as a person and I tried to be as honest with you throughout the game as I could despite the fact that obviously I couldn't include you in too much because you didn't totally trust me. You're actually one of the people I was most honest with in the game, when the possibility of us going to end together came up I said that it seemed possible, but that a lot could change and I couldn't make any promises which was true. So like, I don't really know what I should have done to get you to be happy with me other than not vote you out, but I've explained why I thought that was necessary.

Return to “Social Game Archive”