Allocate/Execute III--LIVE REVEAL--WINNER REVEALED!

Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 137, Shadoweh wrote:I can't believe I caught you plotting behind my back and believed you were joking. It's pretty ridiculous. I should have told Mallow to votebomb Skelda instead of Menno but despite my 1 in trust I actually trusted you guys. Haha. If you can convince me there was a reason to do that to me besides that my name carries a reputation I'll consider voting for one of you.
No that was one of the most stressful moments in the entire game right now, like legitimately it was so awful and those results were also the most stressful of the game for me because I totally thought that you doing something like a vote dump was possible and just prayed that I'd done enough to mitigate the damage. However I do think I played it off as a joke as well as I could have and then we talked privately, where what was initially me just making sure that you hadn't caught on to what was happening in the game turned into the most amazing, genuine conversation of the entire game or honestly that I've had with anyone from MS for a long time so overall I'm glad that that little snaffoo happened because I think it brought us closer together as friends. And I'm super excited for this game regardless of the outcome to be over so that you will talk to me again. ;)

Re: why you were a threat, I agree with what Empire said. Everyone who I talked to thought you were this big scary threat, so maybe in a sense it was based on reputation, but you and I have talked in this game about how perception is everything so regardless of whether or not there was any truth to the idea that you were playing a better game than me or not, people thought that you were and so for me taking you to the end was suicidal. And honestly, I think it's pretty clear that my odds of winning are higher sitting next to Mallow right now than if Mallow was exchanged with you, like that's just obvious. Also I think there are some jurors like Vij who I talked to particularly little, and I think right now the people I'm sitting next to also talked to them super little whereas you did a little more outreach in some of my weak spots. And additionally from my perspective you were responsible for the IPS vote (not that I think that was any kind of turning point in the game like Empire claims, I think our alliance was able to succeed because we had the numbers not because we took out IPS when we did). But I think the reason that vote was a nice move for your resume was because you were very likely to be the person who IPS would have come after whereas IPS definitely wasn't coming for Empire or I, and it was your relationship with Vij that ultimately made it happen.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 123, Shrek wrote:I'd like you all to give me a tl;dr of your games, because even though I read those enormous walls of text, I basically didn't absorb any information from them.

Except for Mallow, yours was good. Skelda, Empire, condense yours until they're the length of Mallow's.
I positioned myself in a pretty safe position in a large alliance through my social relationships, and then when the time was right I made a move by approaching Empire and convincing him to work with me to systematically eliminate our entire alliance and go to the end with someone who I thought wouldn't be able to win. I planned rounds and rounds in advance and navigated multiple alliances and final three deals with differing goals and priorities, but ultimately I was able to make them all align with my plan and get to the end with the two people who I thought I had the best chance of beating.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 144, Shrek wrote:Mallow, you said that you wouldn't take this game super-seriously. I think that would be an understatement, because you didn't even make an effort to contact me once. Tell me how you think this jury perceives you, especially since I think I'm not the only one you didn't bother to talk to at all.

From a subjective standpoint, the best game played would be by Skelda. D3F makes a point that he was left out of multiple votes, but in the end, I would be more likely to vote him than Empire or Mallow. Skelda, you, in my opinion, actually bothered to reach out to me. We've had a few great discussions, and without you, I might not be here as a Jury member in the first place. You are the frontrunner for my vote, and in my opinion, the game as a whole. You also know your stuff, too, so that's a 50% increase in the chance of getting my vote.

To get my vote, Empire, you're going to have to have an AMAZING FTC performance while Skelda's is mediocre, and right now, that's not happening.

Mallow, the only way you'll get my vote is if I'm feeling nice and don't want you to be a 0 vote finalist. But right now, you're not really fighting for anyone's vote. At all.
Love you bae. <3 Lincler and Goldenfold 4 lyfe
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Skelda »

Which user are you providing SUPP score feedback to? (type it right; I don't want to have to fix it manually) *
-McMenno

What score did you provide this user? (If you're not sure, indicate a range) *

Why did you provide this user this score? *
-I know him and the LSG people deserve to be dominant while to normal Mafia people deserve to suck. Also Arthas and Spongebob though, like come on, total kings
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Empire »

In post 147, xofelf wrote:Don't apologize for shit, own it. I don't know about the rest of the jury, but I don't want you to be apologizing for actually playing the game and making moves. If you feel you need to justify them, whatever, but don't apologize. Feeling remorse is fine, but don't invalidate your strategy with "i'm sorry but" you're better than that. And if you want votes, then you own up to that shit. That goes for all of you finalists, don't want to hear your sorries, I want you to own the game you played and nothing less.
I totally get what you're saying and what I was really trying to communicate was the remorse part because I love Shadoweh. But like, I don't apologize for making the move that I did and if I had to do it over again I would have done the same thing. The fact of the matter is that taking Shadoweh to the end would have just been asking to lose due to her overall stellar play and that people perceived her to have played a very strong game. However much it sucked ass to have blindsided her, I didn't want to be the Ness to her Kirby.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 144, Shrek wrote:Mallow, you said that you wouldn't take this game super-seriously. I think that would be an understatement, because you didn't even make an effort to contact me once. Tell me how you think this jury perceives you, especially since I think I'm not the only one you didn't bother to talk to at all.
I didn't make an effort to contact more than half the people in the game. I would call that not taking the game super seriously. The jury probably perceives that as laziness if I had to guess?
In post 145, CaptainMeme wrote:Mallow, I'd like to hear a bit about what happened on the round Flum went home for you. Did you know there would be other votes there? If so, could you elaborate on how?

Also, how many of those votes came from you?
I knew it was going to be between Fluminator and McMenno, but I put 2 votes on Menno, none on Flum that round.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Empire »

In post 140, McMenno wrote:Empire, draw a funny picture involving jigglypuff's hijinks.
after approx. one million hours on ms paint:

https://imgur.com/a/xupfU1J
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 147, xofelf wrote:Don't apologize for shit, own it. I don't know about the rest of the jury, but I don't want you to be apologizing for actually playing the game and making moves. If you feel you need to justify them, whatever, but don't apologize. Feeling remorse is fine, but don't invalidate your strategy with "i'm sorry but" you're better than that. And if you want votes, then you own up to that shit. That goes for all of you finalists, don't want to hear your sorries, I want you to own the game you played and nothing less.
Normally I feel this way but actually I did want to hear the sorries because you both made me feel emotionally shitty for even considering you were lying to me when skelda accidentally cross-posted, so don't listen to her about me. I was really upset not just because I was fooled but because you both used our genuine friendship against me. It's probably hypocritical for it to have upset me as much as it did since I probably do the same by accident in these games. I don't like the taste of my own medicine, lol. I will forgive you both at least because it sounds like you were right and I can't fault you for wanting to win. ;)
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Empire »

Honestly, D3f, I've been debating whether to wait to respond but I can't anymore because Skelda's arguments to you about my thought process are based on inferences that have zero basis in reality and only goes to show how his perception of my game is warped by what I laid out for him. Like, I literally have a conversation log with Meme where we were discussing F3 candidates and I mentioned your name saying that even if you make a big move, it is unlikely you would have very many votes remaining and thus would have no future control over the game. I can't really speak to whether other people spoke to him about you so all I can tell you is what happened on my end.

The reason I didn't put myself in the position where I had to make the choice at the end was because I didn't have to. By that point, I was confident enough in my game and secure enough that Skelda was going to take me to the end no matter what that I prioritized securing the Meme boot because he was the biggest threat remaining. If I really felt like I was in any danger at all, you bet your ass I would have undercommitted on Meme and then set myself up to get rid of whoever I wanted at the end. But I didn't need to and that's the point.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Aronis »

So I'm thinking I'll probably vote for the one person that was at least willing to entertain what I had to say, yeah? The rest of y'all should work on jury management
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Empire »

In post 157, Shadoweh wrote:Normally I feel this way but actually I did want to hear the sorries because you both made me feel emotionally shitty for even considering you were lying to me when skelda accidentally cross-posted, so don't listen to her about me. I was really upset not just because I was fooled but because you both used our genuine friendship against me. It's probably hypocritical for it to have upset me as much as it did since I probably do the same by accident in these games. I don't like the taste of my own medicine, lol. I will forgive you both at least because it sounds like you were right and I can't fault you for wanting to win. ;)
:(

The only thing I want to add to what I said earlier is that it was never my intention to hurt you in that way and in that sense, I am actually very sorry. Like, for real, no jury bullshit none of that stuff. Thanks for forgiving me.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:16 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 156, Empire wrote:
In post 140, McMenno wrote:Empire, draw a funny picture involving jigglypuff's hijinks.
after approx. one million hours on ms paint:

https://imgur.com/a/xupfU1J

While we are doing drawing requests can I have one of Jiggly and DK

Ideally with DK screaming "I HAVE AN IDOL PLEASE DON'T KILL ME"
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am

Post by xofelf »

Ooo, we can ask for art?

Empire, please make me art of your favourite moment from Survivor: Ghost Island.
Skelda, please make me Hattie/Theo fan art.
Mallow, please make me art that shows the alternate timeline where John and Sierra were actually friends and didn't go head to head in that TC.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Empire »

recently excavated from a long lost civilization: https://imgur.com/a/WDvr4MT
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Empire »

unironically my favorite moment from ghost island: https://imgur.com/a/ZsM0yAC
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 am

Post by McMenno »

y'all trying to copy my questions?
mafiascum is on life support
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

whatcha gonna do about it

can't vote against me if I'm not in F3

insert forehead tapping image here
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 am

Post by xofelf »

Gotchu fam.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

<3
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 167, xofelf wrote:Image
Gotchu fam.
Click
SUB
mafiascum is on life support
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I'm trying to think of more questions but I think Skelda and Empire have both explained a ton about their games and Mallow doesn't seem to have much to explain. I can't think of any more that haven't already been covered.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 158, Empire wrote:Honestly, D3f, I've been debating whether to wait to respond but I can't anymore because Skelda's arguments to you about my thought process are based on inferences that have zero basis in reality and only goes to show how his perception of my game is warped by what I laid out for him. Like, I literally have a conversation log with Meme where we were discussing F3 candidates and I mentioned your name saying that even if you make a big move, it is unlikely you would have very many votes remaining and thus would have no future control over the game. I can't really speak to whether other people spoke to him about you so all I can tell you is what happened on my end.

The reason I didn't put myself in the position where I had to make the choice at the end was because I didn't have to. By that point, I was confident enough in my game and secure enough that Skelda was going to take me to the end no matter what that I prioritized securing the Meme boot because he was the biggest threat remaining. If I really felt like I was in any danger at all, you bet your ass I would have undercommitted on Meme and then set myself up to get rid of whoever I wanted at the end. But I didn't need to and that's the point.
There are enough clear lapses in his thought process from that post that it's clear he's missing a lot in how he thought about stuff those last couple rounds.
In post 149, Skelda wrote: So first of all, I find it kind of interesting that you are simultaneously saying that you want to vote for neither Empire nor myself and you are claiming that I made this massive mistake by taking him to the end.
I have to vote because that's how these games work (for those of you keeping score at home, I legitimately thought I voted at FTC in Mario Bros but I guess I didn't). My first comment is that I'm upset at both of you for how I was handled at the end of the game. My second was me trying to consider the fact that yes, I'm actually supposed to vote for somebody at the end of this game, and it was me trying to figure out who I would want to get rid of. Yes, I am convinced that I had very little of a case to win the game, and I told you how clueless I was throughout the game. I literally had no idea about any of the alliances that existed. If you picked me over Empire, Empire, or Shadow, or xof, or Meme, or Aronis, would have pointed that out and I'd be lucky to get more than one vote.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:So like, I don't really know what I should have done to get you to be happy with me other than not vote you out
You didn't have the decency to end our conversation Saturday morning. You didn't have the decency to talk to me at all in the full twenty-two and a half hours between that and when you actually posted your message, even to provide a simple apology. You tried in your post where you voted for me, but just rehashing the same points you told me in private just a day prior doesn't count as a success. Empire didn't have the decency to talk to me at all...he explained it, but it's not like that makes it forgivable in terms of it affecting my vote.
In post 149, Skelda wrote:Empire made the same decision as me.
Nope. You decided to take Empire to the end. Empire decided to take you to the end. Some of the reasoning for getting rid of me is the same, but not all of it, because you two are clearly fighting for the same set of votes here and are making different arguments to discredit the other one's game because you two played different games. You're claiming that because Woo picked Tony to go to FTC with him in Cagayan in order for him to make the honorable decision, inherently if Tony wanted to pick Woo it would have had to be for the exact same reason, which is hilarious to think about when Tony was so, so far from honorable as a Survivor player.

------

Completely separate note. Say Empire and Meme aren't able to convince me to keep paying attention to the game, so I use the remainder of my votes on Shadoweh without telling anyone (as I was initially going to do) and she goes at F11. What happens from there, just out of curiosity? Does that actually change things?
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

(Before anyone gives me shit, it's left to me to decide if Empire's reasons for saying he'd get rid of me if he had the decision at F4 are as valid as yours but you two have both stated your cases regarding this)

(profile pic by datisi)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Empire »

I can't really speak for Skelda but at least on my end, Shadoweh going out at F11 would have been a huge setback for my game since she was one of my closest allies and had a large vote pool to work with. The likely ramification of this is that Aronis would have remained in the game for longer since we likely would have needed at least some of his votes to take out xof (who had mallow in her pocket as a potential buffer). Since you would have had no votes, it also increases the risk that I get crowded out at the end since that's now 3 people with 0 votes.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Good thing you talked me out of it in retrospect, or no?

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “Social Game Archive”