[Advanced] Survivor: Equestria! Congrats to Klick!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

[Advanced] Survivor: Equestria! Congrats to Klick!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Presented by Haschel Cedricson, Shadoweh, and VashtaNeurotic

Reviewed by Pablito, Listmodded by CuddlyCaucasian
[/color]

It's time for what is quite possibly the most-anticipated [citation needed] theme of all-time! Large Social Games are, at heart, all about having fun with your friends. To that end, we've designed a magical adventure designed to teach us all about friendship and also about who has what it takes to become the Sole Survivor of Equestria.

This is a game for 24 players! All levels of experience are welcome; the more friends the merrier! If you would like to play or spectate please fill out THIS APPLICATION FORM!

Spoiler: Rules!
{ GENERAL RULES }

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please let us know via Private Message or by posting in your confessional and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.

{05} Survivor: Equestria is ANONYMOUS. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's identity. If you are talking with other people outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game. If you are talking with other players on this forum, try not to say anything that would allow people to easily ID you. Communication with players outside the private message system and game board is also forbidden unless otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

{06} Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common respect mentioned above.

{07} Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is prohibited unless otherwise stated. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.

{08} Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums is against the rules unless SPECIFICALLY STATED.

{09} The posting of Private Messages (whether via text or via screenshot) in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. You are allowed to paraphrase in a public forum what people said to you via PM. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of Private Messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding of Private Messages is not allowed, but copying/pasting them in private is allowed. All of the above is allowed in your confessional.

{10} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01} Private Messages are only to be used for communication within your tribe. All out-of-tribe contact is to be confined to challenge threads with the exception of specific mechanics such as the Scrolls.

Immunity Challenges:

{02} Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at the Tribal Council.

{03} The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{04} We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.

Tribal Council:

{05} Tribal Council is where players are eliminated. Before the merge, only the losing tribe or tribes will visit TC, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to TC, including immunity challenge winners.

{06} Tribal Councils will last 24 hours from the end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a self-vote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization.

{07} The results of Tribal Councils may be posted before deadline if and only if all persons involved have submitted a vote. We will generally only do this to either rein deadlines back to a reasonable time or if the modteam learns that there will unexpectedly be nopony able to post results at the scheduled time.

{08} The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the Tribal Council is posted. However, keep in mind that the Tribal Council may be posted early if all players have voted.

{09} If a player has failed to vote three times, the mods may choose to eliminate that player at their discretion.

{10} The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.

{11} Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Breaking Ties

I. In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote, but any reward items that have already been played will remain in play. The deadline for the revote will generally be 24 hours, but may change with the invocation of Rule 7 under Tribal Council.

II. If a majority is not met in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination.

Twists:

{12} Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players. We will, however, announce the existence of two twists ahead of time:

{13} There is a Redemption twist that will return an eliminated player to the game. Details will be revealed later.

{14} We will be using Survivor's firemaking twist: when four players are left in the game they will compete in the Final Immunity Challenge. The winner of the FIC will choose one person to take to Final Tribal Council, while the remaining two players will compete in a head-to-head challenge. The winner of that challenge will become the third finalist, while the loser will become the final member of the Jury.
Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Sun May 26, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:08 am

Signups will close on
Wednesday, March 27
with the game starting on either Friday the 29th or Saturday the 30th depending on how long final avatar/permission setup takes.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 am

There are still plenty of slots left! Fill out your application today, everypony!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 am

Giphy isn't letting me upload my sweet MLP gif of a Lady Gaga-esque pony with her backup dancers, but I'm not gonna let that stop me from reminding everyone to sign up!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Signups are officially closed! The game will start at 5:00 PM PDT on Saturday!

If you would like a spectator account please contact one of the mods and we will get you hooked up.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 am

Live reveal in an hour, at 1 PM PDT! Be there!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:19 am

Coco "Klick" Pommel has won! Congratulations!

I have a ton of mod thoughts but for now I want to say that this was a wonderful experience; I'm proud of all the players for making this a great game and I'm so happy my comods were basically the perfect comods.
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Aurathebirb »

Thank you for hosting! Was wonderfully done.

Is the new sub-site here to stay?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 am

I certainly hope so! I personally think it works a lot better than proboards.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Is this the thread for spewing random thoughts about the game?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:20 am

It is indeed!

Even though you went out first round I'm really glad you signed up for the game, and I think in the future you can do really well.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:28 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

yessss coco!
To be clear: quack
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Fluminator »

Most fun I ever had in a game. Thanks to the mods and players for putting up with our shit as long as they did.

Good game Klick, well deserved win.
Piggygal I loved our rivalry even though we both died from it probably.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 12, Fluminator wrote: Piggygal I loved our rivalry even though we both died from it probably.
Absolutely agree!

Thanks everyone for making me enjoy playing Survivor games on here again <3
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by xofelf »

Y'all were wonderful. So glad to see some of you again and get to play with some of you for the first time! Well executed game overall, and glad to have participated <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I feel like too much happened on this game that the next few games just won't be able to live up to the same standard
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Piggy, your avatar, WHY
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Well done klick! someone who's getting their dues recently, wow! mods unsticky the thread
get a warrant
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Aronis »

Congrats Klick!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Congretz Klicke!!!! U fien ponifriend muah <3
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Klick »

Thank you everyone!! <3 This has been the most fun group of players I've ever played with in an LSG. I couldn't ask for a better last game (for a long time, at least).

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”