Time Travel Survivor

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Time Travel Survivor

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Blackberry »

Time Travel Survivor game - would someone be able to provide me any tips/lessons learned from the Time Travel Survivor game that was hosted on MafiaScum?

Any insights or ideas to make it flow smoothly would be great!

Specifically limiting how players time-travel and updating any result changes.

I'm contemplating hosting a live IRL one at an upcoming event. The reason I want to do a Time Travel Survivor is it would allow all the competitors to participate throughout the majority of the game vs. people being eliminated permanently and being done with the game.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Awoo »

link to thread
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I thought the lesson from it was 'don't do it again'.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I actually really enjoyed the Doctor Who game but maybe that’s a controversial opinion.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

It might be a good idea to set very restrictive limits on eliminated players' ability to communicate with each other. And I might recommend ending the twist around f6 or so.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Doctor Who ruled
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

What did you wanna know about Doctor Who? I think the way the twist was implemented was actually really incredibly well done, so I don't know if there's things with the twist itself that needs to be improved exactly? But it is incredibly stressful on the players, and it does mean for a long while there people in the game aren't even sure who their jury is going to be and if you let it run for a while, it can entirely change who is at the FTC at the very end, so stopping it early might be a good idea.

An idea on something you could decide you want to limit is when the people are out are allowed to change their votes. At least one of the times Jack went out of the game was entirely due to me being petty and forgetting that I had immediately changed all my votes to Jack at every TC he was eligible to be voted in. I changed my vote back because I felt bad that he'd been traded out AGAIN when I had stopped being salty at him ages ago. So making it so that votes are changed only when people have traveled back to purposefully change up eliminations might be a better way to handle it.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”