Allocate/Execute IV: FINISHED

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

This man is a national treasure
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:59 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Edit: wrong thread
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I was super worried until the disclaimer
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

You are the best. End of story.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:37 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 177, Fluminator wrote:I was super worried until the disclaimer
I still am
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:11 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

We're coming up on time and while I'm still down to answer questions if anyone has any, I'm going to go ahead and post my closing statement here. And yes, I'm going to break my 5 sentences rule because that really doesn't feel like enough, but I'll stick to it for any further questions :)

At the end of the day, I think I played a stronger strategic game than CC or Cephrir; but I understand that it was equally a far more brutal game, and that that has consequences. I'll be glad for every vote I get, but I won't be annoyed at anyone for not voting for me - I think I've learned some valuable lessons from this game that I can take forward and hopefully use to make myself a less abborhent player in future. I hope there's no hard feelings here, and if there are, I'd really like to talk things over after the game is done.

However, the reason any of the three of us are sitting here at the end instead of Aro/Aura/Vash is the game I played from F8 onwards. All three of us were in equally bad spots going into the jury stage of the game; all of us had overplayed early and had very few votes left. CC's response to this was (according to what Ceph told me, anyway) to disassociate himself from the game, leaving group chats and not talking to people until I reached out to him at F5 to make sure we had his vote onside in the event of a tie. Ceph's response was to try to coordinate a hit on one of Aro/Aura/Vash using up all the votes everyone else in the game had at F8, leaving the remaining two players in total control of the game but guaranteeing that one of the 5 of us would make it to the end if the snipe worked (which I believe it would have done, but I don't think either Ceph or myself would have been the player taken to the end).

My response was the one that got us here. I made the moves that brought down the entire alliance that controlled ~75% of the remaining votes at F6, while keeping my path to the end as much under my control as possible by making sure I rarely needed to use my own votes and was never getting targeted (even at F4, if Ceph had stabbed me he would have gone home, not me). This was only possible because of the fact I played extremely hard and worked my ass off to ensure I stayed in the middle and in a position where I could pull this off.

CC's song is fantastic, and I can't beat him in creativity. I probably can't beat him or ceph on likability, because the moves I had to make to get us here were not moves that make people like you. The only thing I think I beat them on is the game I played to get us here, and the fact that none of us would be here if I hadn't made the moves I made.

Regardless of who you vote for, thanks to all of you for the incredible game, and I hope we can catch up and talk about it all afterwards.
Meme out (unless you have any more questions :D )
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:15 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Oh, two more things.

CM1 also played a hell of a game and I would never have been in the position to play the way I did without him. He deserves a ton of credit for that.

And @Malkon, I don't know if you read my wallposts so I feel like I should highlight this part, since it was part of the answer to your question that I completely forgot about until I read up on my chatlogs with CM1:

"Something I actually forgot to mention this earlier, but when I was scrolling through my chat with CM1 I found it again - Malkon had set up a chat with Aro/CM1 that he told me nothing about, I heard this through CM1 and CM1 alone. This was the thing that really got me worried, because I knew Malkon/Aro between them had the votes to control the game if they got much further together, and that could very easily be the F3 Malkon wanted given that he'd told me about most other things he had going in the game, but absolutely zilch about that one."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

Closing:

Hi. The only thing I really have left to say is that I executed more or less the same strategy that has won me one of these semi-real games before in managing my threat/visible giving a fuck level to those I wasnt working with. It's a good one, unfortunately. But it also meant no one from the opposing alliance approached me at any point. I thought for sure vash at least would figure out what happened and try to talk me onto his side, which I might have considered. Shrug.

I'm not going to tell you not to vote for the other finalists, as they are both deserving. Do whatever you want, and thanks for playing.
Bartleby the Scrivener
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 am

Post by PrivateI »

Eight hours remain for final jury questions.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Coffee or tea?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:19 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Not sure if it's a question that's okay to ask but to all 3 of you, who did you vote for in case of tie-break and why?
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nazi C.
Bartleby the Scrivener
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 am

In post 185, CreativeMod1 wrote:Not sure if it's a question that's okay to ask but to all 3 of you, who did you vote for in case of tie-break and why?
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 am

FWIW I did leave ONE group chat after the point that I had used up all my remaining votes to try to get out Vash on a plan not enough people worked with me on, and I figured more throwing my weight around despite having no votes left would result in me getting taken out in the Piggy/Felissan spot :D

CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 185, CreativeMod1 wrote:Not sure if it's a question that's okay to ask but to all 3 of you, who did you vote for in case of tie-break and why?
I don't vote until FTC is over ever, but probably Ceph at this point. The impression I got was that he was doing more in the game, and although at the time that might have been just due to the fact I was talking to him more, FTC hasn't changed that impression.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

So urm.....I've only just had a chance to see CC's video....
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 181, CaptainMeme wrote:And @Malkon, I don't know if you read my wallposts so I feel like I should highlight this part, since it was part of the answer to your question that I completely forgot about until I read up on my chatlogs with CM1:

"Something I actually forgot to mention this earlier, but when I was scrolling through my chat with CM1 I found it again - Malkon had set up a chat with Aro/CM1 that he told me nothing about, I heard this through CM1 and CM1 alone. This was the thing that really got me worried, because I knew Malkon/Aro between them had the votes to control the game if they got much further together, and that could very easily be the F3 Malkon wanted given that he'd told me about most other things he had going in the game, but absolutely zilch about that one."
*sigh* I had my vote, I had my speech, I was good with it, and then you go and highlight this.

Alright well let me get one more thing I need you to clarify off my chest before jury questioning ends. I have exactly one issue with the above statement, specifically:

"This was the thing that really got me worried, because I knew Malkon/Aro between them had the votes to control the game if they got much further together, and that could very easily be the F3 Malkon wanted given that he'd told me about most other things he had going in the game..."

So let's recap, shall we? You not only send me home with 41 votes in my pocket, but you also were worried that I held one thing from you and it "could" be the f3 I was after?

So rather than approach me with this information, you decided to instead blindside me over the course of two rounds. So rather than approach me, get this issue off the table by telling me to vote dump onto someone, and instead put me in a position where I had no choice but to work with you and CM1, you decided "hey let's get rid of the guy who has literally told me about every chat he is in (aside from this one), has always kept me on the in on every vote, and stuck his neck out for me at least twice against CC & Ceph, because he MIGHT be against me".

To me this shows two things: 1. You were happy to go along with what everyone else wanted and didn't really care about working with me. 2. You threw a temper tantrum that MALKON KEPT ONE THING FROM ME!

I can pretty much guarantee you weren't always truthful with me at every point in the game and you clearly didn't tell me everything that was going on. Nor did you give me the opportunity to explain myself, much like I gave you the opportunity to explain yourself when i found out about all those other alliances that you were involved in that didn't involve me, including taking The Worst to the end over me at one point.

So instead of letting me have my ONE thing and work with me going forward, you instead decided to throw a little hissy fit and get pissy with the guy who had your back several times and basically threw his game away to keep you here by betraying CC & Ceph to go against what they wanted.

Explain to me how my perception is wrong and if I'm satisfied with your response I will award you a vote, if not, CC gets it.

I will be gone from now until the deadline. You have no other chances to earn my vote other than the response to this.

Be very careful in how you phrase it. I can't deny you've played a good game, probably one that is deserving of my vote, but my elimination seems like piss poor playing and I have to have a satisfactory response that either my interpretation is correct, or that you have a logical, reasonable explanation as to why voting me out wasn't just a Meme temper tantrum that I had one little tiny thing that I kept from you as opposed to the dozens of things you kept from me, and instead of working with me, you threw me and what communication I had built with you away because of something that clearly wasn't happening (since CM1 blabbed to you, how the hell would I have taken him to the f3 over you if you had fucking told me?) I already knew CM1 had lied, Aro & I figured it out by process of elimination and I was open for options/business/vote dumping and you basically left me for dead. Not bitter, I just need to know if I'm right or how I am wrong and if I am wrong, why that wasn't a dumb move on your part.

Fire away.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i dunno that seems a smidge bitter to me
Bartleby the Scrivener
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Can I point out that in Memes defence he didnt really have much to do with the vote on you, that was all on me, what it came down to was the fact that meme was closer to me than to you
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

I'm about to turn in for the night so going to keep it short.

If anything, the fact that it was just one thing was what worried me most. Our communication had been pretty open so I figured if you weren't talking about something, it was probably something you didn't want me to know about, and that indicated that it might be a real F3 to me.

You're right that I could probably have broken up that F3 by selling out CM1, but that would have resulted in CM1's elimination instead and that wasn't something I wanted to happen. He'd also put in votes to make sure I didn't go home when I needed them, and by that point we were working together very closely (to the point where I think he was sharing everything he was a part of).

At the end of the day, you had >40 votes and a ton of connections and power, he had <20 votes and was all in on one side of the alliance line. If I had gone and sold him out to you I'd be all in on working with you to the very end, and while that's not something I was opposed to at the start, I decided I wanted to win after Flum/Ircher went home and I would have had no shot at FTC if I was only there because you had complete control over the endgame and had decided to take me. Getting to FTC is an achievement for me, but getting to FTC without having a shot at the win is worse than not getting to FTC at all imo (although that's my own personal philosophy, I can understand if you think differently).

I wouldn't call it a hissy fit, I wasn't angry with you over it - I completely understood why you might want an F3 that didn't include me, it's not a good idea to go all in on one option. But I *was* extremely concerned that it would be a threat to my own game, without being angry about it, if that makes sense? I don't really get angry in games when I'm gamebotting like I was here, I just tend to make judgements based on what seems best for my game without considering how it might hurt people (which is probably my biggest weakness)
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

I do think that your question and Vash's have highlighted to me that the thing I'm absolutely weakest on is communication with people I'm stabbing/considering stabbing. It's just always felt to me like if you think making a move against someone could be a good idea, you shouldn't give that person too much information about what you're doing, even if it limits your options.

I don't think my approach there is necessarily terrible from a gameplay pov (people giving info out to keep options open is the reason idols work almost every time in MS Survivor even during supposed blindsides), but in a game without idols and given how much not being reached out to about other options seems to have hurt both you and vash, I'd probably have been better served at least considering it more in this game. It's something I'll take forward and work on in future.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 184, Not_Mafia wrote:Coffee or tea?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by the worst »

i don't get coffee energy from any of the finalists. meme is clearly tea, ceph/cc seem like tea or neither
gonna guess neither because america
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

I hate coffee, I'll drink tea if I'm supposed to be socialising but not a huge fan of it either. Gimme good ol' water everytime
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Post by the worst »

monsters, all of you
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march